Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 376 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a ton of commercials for Visit California lately ... as soon as Nintendo opens up in Hollywood, that will be added to their advertising nationally. Nintendo Hollywood will also get the full Today Show / NBC launch hype.

You can't launch the same land twice to a national audience ... Galaxy Edge marketing combined both together even though the openings were staggered.

So, I can see them announcing a Nintendo Orlando opening date without even mentioning Epic in it.

I see a ton of commercials for Visit California lately ... as soon as Nintendo opens up in Hollywood, that will be added to their advertising nationally. Nintendo Hollywood will also get the full Today Show / NBC launch hype.

You can't launch the same land twice to a national audience ... Galaxy Edge marketing combined both together even though the openings were staggered.

So, I can see them announcing a Nintendo Orlando opening date without even mentioning Epic in it.

I know it was a six year gap but that didn't stop them with Potter.

Brian Roberts Comcast CEO was asked about Epic Universe during a conference:

Ben Swinburne

38:08 This might be a [indiscernible] attempt, but is there anything else you could tell us about Epic since it's going to be such as massive new park down in Orlando?

Brian Roberts
38:15 Well the goal is to try to get to a week-long vacation. We have three gates now. This will be the fourth, plus the water park, or including the water park we have the hotels, it's about 15 minutes away. These are massive hundreds and hundreds of acres. Really leading edge content driven attractions using, I can't reveal everything that I've been shown or really [made at me] [ph], but everything from drones to all sorts of new kinds of like augmented reality that we're doing in Osaka.

38:57 I said on earnings, if I could do it all over again, I would not have shut construction for a little bit of time, but we felt it was important to get our debt to cash flow ratio to where we wanted to get to, so we could begin to start buying back stock. Maybe, I really am glad we made that decision, but boy, I wish this thing was open sooner. It's going to take a few years. I think all of you will want to go there and it will be one of their great experiences.

So looks like more A/R, Drones, and new tech.....

For more parks related information:
Brian Roberts
34:51 Well, we had the most profitable fourth quarter on record. So, I start with, how great is it to be able to make that statement when probably 70% to 80% of our COVID problems in EBITDA where the Parks. They've [indiscernible] right back to the most profitable period in their existence.

35:14 I want again point out that there's to tamp down just for the shorter-term enthusiasm – too much enthusiasm, there's still international affairs. COVID is in Japan and China not quite back to this conference here we are. So, we have to be aware of the lumpiness that can occur, but on the long-term, how can you not be optimistic? Each of our parts we make investments, we’ve talked about broadband investments, the roadmap with DOCSIS 4.0, talked about Peacock as an investment, let's talk about Parks investments.
35:53 None of the other issues that you talk about in competition of things, there's one other great part company. They happen to be in the same city in many cases, and that's great for tourists to come to both. So, we build hotels in a joint venture. We are now up to 10,000 rooms. We have maybe the best roller coaster in the world in the Jurassic Coaster, opened, really will get the reopen now in Orlando.

36:30 We have unbelievable first of its type, I believe in the world augmented reality ride in Osaka with Nintendo and Super Mario. Had the chance to do it, ride it, and we're going to bring that to California next and then to Orlando, fantastic experience. And then we have Epic, an entire new Theme Park we're building in Orlando. Will be the second largest in the world for Universal after Beijing.

37:09 And just a moment on Beijing, we were able to open unbelievable park, literally the best park Universal has ever built. I think they would be the first to say that. Again, we're in the middle of winter, COVID, we're seeing very encouraging early signs of what that part can do. So, as you look at that business to be able to open new parks every few years have new attractions. These are great investments. We're coming up in terms of market share because we coming with a smaller of the two and the actual [it] [ph] is amazing.
37:55 It is just fun, technologically driven, and with people returning from COVID, we should be super well positioned.

I can't believe anyone would think this is a good idea! Epic Universe will seriously lose A LOT of sizzle if they preview SNW before the park opens up. I am so excited and thrilled by the idea of experiencing a new park opening, I am willing to wait to get it all at once, instead of saying "oh well I did Nintendo already so we'll skip that today". We can wait. Build good stuff at USF and IOA to keep people busy.

I can't believe anyone would think this is a good idea! Epic Universe will seriously lose A LOT of sizzle if they preview SNW before the park opens up. I am so excited and thrilled by the idea of experiencing a new park opening, I am willing to wait to get it all at once, instead of saying "oh well I did Nintendo already so we'll skip that today". We can wait. Build good stuff at USF and IOA to keep people busy.

They can't exactly do that. Building a new park while trying to recover from one of the worst things to happen to the industry, you do the math.

Now yes, they opened three rides across the world last year that were marvels, but plenty of areas in the parks they can't really afford to do anything about for the time being (this is why I wasn't completely on board with building a new park in the first place!).

-------------------------

I think the Potter area might actually be my most anticipated, very unpopular opinion I know. The scope and scale could be absolutely massive and there's just some things I'm so intrigued with how they pull off. And the idea of the main dark ride being a mix of (the first half of) Tower of Terror and American Adventure could either be mediocre or insanely cool.

Last edited:
I cancelled my annual pass because there won't be a new ride or attraction for quite a while, and the next USF attraction doesn't have my interest. It's possible that I don't renew my AP until Epic Universe opens...

But if they included an early SNW as an AP perk, I'd bust out my wallet immediately to renew. I'm sure there are thousands of other people who would be in the same boat.

I cancelled my annual pass because there won't be a new ride or attraction for quite a while, and the next USF attraction doesn't have my interest. It's possible that I don't renew my AP until Epic Universe opens...

But if they included an early SNW as an AP perk, I'd bust out my wallet immediately to renew. I'm sure there are thousands of other people who would be in the same boat.
So you only go to the parks when there's a new ride? Interesting.

So you only go to the parks when there's a new ride? Interesting.
Hagrids, Velocicoaster, Bourne, and Volcano Bay were huge reasons why I had renewed in previous years. Had none of those come, you bet your butt I wouldn't have renewed. Galaxy's Edge, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Tron are major reasons why I'm switching to Disney for now... Not saying Disney is better, but they have more stuff that is either coming or I haven't gone on as frequently as the attractions at UOR.

It's not a surprise that if someone has to pick one e ticket ride versus another, where one ride is new and the other is old, then generally it's going to be the new one. That's why SNW would hold such a huge value.

Wow two celestial-themed hotels next to each other, almost twin resorts.... wonder what they could call it.

Sanrio's Little Twin Stars Resort confirmed!

1309612.jpg

Alicia made me a video for my birthday.....sort of.
So really the question is, when do they pull the pin on the other plots of land and where do they fit in the tiers ?

I'm wondering if @Alicia might be willing to share an image version of those new plans?

My initial reaction is that these will be prime value resorts but I definitely have questions about what their bigger plans are.

Reactions: fryoj
Alicia made me a video for my birthday.....sort of.
So really the question is, when do they pull the pin on the other plots of land and where do they fit in the tiers ?

These look like Aventura clones to me - including the tiny pools, ha.

Aventura is actually a cool place to stay, just have to pool hop elsewhere.

Reactions: Grabnar
Gemini Resort - with Remus and Romulus as individual tower names. Talk about a deep cut. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.