Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2022 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, ONE OF THE BEST MAZES OF ALL TIMEZ! Bahahaha but I meant like... space invading, abduction type aliens haha

Are you really gonna do the Klowns dirty like that :(

I’m with you on Scream, I really really hope it’s just something being withheld on the spec map or is still in talks.

To be entirely honest, this early into the year i expect at least 1 thing from the spec map to not be accurate, since even in years where most of the lineup leaks early on theres usually 1 or two things that are off a bit. All in all though, I'd say this is pretty believable, wouldn't be surprised to see 98% of these show up. If I had to guess which would be the most likely to be wrong, I think id go with Klowns or Evil Dead, leaning towards Evil Dead, everything else strikes me as pretty likely.

Are you really gonna do the Klowns dirty like that :(

I’m with you on Scream, I really really hope it’s just something being withheld on the spec map or is still in talks.

Scream should definitely appear for HHN this year (or the next) and it surprises me it hasn't despite being the most popular horror franchise for almost three decades. I would also like to throw in the 1970s Invasion of the Body Snatchers since the pod noise they make when they point at a human is great for jump scares.

Scream should definitely appear for HHN this year (or the next) and it surprises me it hasn't despite being the most popular horror franchise for almost three decades.

Ain't that the truth! Until 2018, the first 3 were the highest grossing slasher films of all time and even now, they're all in the top 5 aside from the latest Halloween films (domestically). The newest Scream film is number 8. On top of that, there's an additional movie (hey, it wasn't a smash success, but what ya gonna do) and three seasons of a TV show. And now there's a sixth film officially on the way with the rights to the films firmly at Paramount (except for part 4, I believe).

Like literally, WHAT ELSE could HHN possibly need for Scream to prove its worth? Murdy's excuse of it being a joke because of Scary Movie is such an antiquated reason. Scary Movie was 22 whole years ago -- 75% of the people going to the event this year weren't even alive when the movie came out and most likely haven't even seen it! Meanwhile, Scream is a lasting icon in horror. You'd probably hear one "wazzaaaaap" heckling a Ghostface a night from some drunken Gen Xer and that's it.

I literally can't believe one movie over 2 decades ago has snuffed out the chances of having THE SECOND highest grossing slasher franchise in an HHN maze. Like, that's the dumbest reason. Cancel Killer Klownz or Evil Dead and give me SCREAM!!!!

Reactions: Paulio and Freak
I don’t get how the exclusives work? We get Nope, but ORL gets Fear Street/Last of Us? The only shared one is The Weeknd? Someone will have to explain that one to me, especially the Fear Street/Nope situation.

Overall I like the map. If accurate, the expedited construction we’re seeing makes sense. KKFOS going back to Mummy; the UCM maze going back to Parisian; La Llorna in Curious George. They already have all the infrastructure to make those go, and it will free up time later in the year to work on the new stuff.
The parks design their events independently from each other. Typically, they do this on similar timelines so they can synchronize shared IPs they may both want to do (assuming an IP is not directed). I imagine the planning cycle for this is all weird because of Murdy being stuck overseas.

Regarding Scream, Universal doesn’t just get to do whatever IP they want however they want to. The rights owner can dictate terms, such as cost or limitations of how characters are used that simply make the IP untenable.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Ain't that the truth! Until 2018, the first 3 were the highest grossing slasher films of all time and even now, they're all in the top 5 aside from the latest Halloween films (domestically). The newest Scream film is number 8. On top of that, there's an additional movie (hey, it wasn't a smash success, but what ya gonna do) and three seasons of a TV show. And now there's a sixth film officially on the way with the rights to the films firmly at Paramount (except for part 4, I believe).

Like literally, WHAT ELSE could HHN possibly need for Scream to prove its worth? Murdy's excuse of it being a joke because of Scary Movie is such an antiquated reason. Scary Movie was 22 whole years ago -- 75% of the people going to the event this year weren't even alive when the movie came out and most likely haven't even seen it! Meanwhile, Scream is a lasting icon in horror. You'd probably hear one "wazzaaaaap" heckling a Ghostface a night from some drunken Gen Xer and that's it.

I literally can't believe one movie over 2 decades ago has snuffed out the chances of having THE SECOND highest grossing slasher franchise in an HHN maze. Like, that's the dumbest reason. Cancel Killer Klownz or Evil Dead and give me SCREAM!!!!

Even before the 4th Scream movie, the Scream franchise was so popular that it warranted enough to appear for HHN in the 2000s at least in my middle and high school years. If that happened, it would have been based on the first film because the settings fit a lot better. With the BO hit Scream 5 and the upcoming 6th one coming forward, it's very likely a HHN maze would be based on the 5th one instead to appeal to a new generation. If we hear anything about Scream this year, then I'm glad but disappointed it took almost three decades for that to happen despite disagreements between Universal and the IP owner.

And then the video that plays on the tram during the ride back to the station is just a still image of Murdy flipping us off.

Frankly, that's almost meta enough to work for Scream.

Screamz: Murdy Murders Fans' Favorite IPs With Black Wallz on Terror Tram

I don't hate Murdy and I would unironically enjoy that level of absurdist comedy. Give me a maze where Murdy is the villain taunting the "true" HHN fans on TV screens as they progress through the house and the scareactors are torturing the creators and characters in effigy and I'll go through it 100 times.

Youre preaching to the choir dude. Murdy says he's heard the Twin Peaks requests when I asked him on twitter a while back and he just said he never considered it horror. I won't give up believing, but it was a crushing blow. I feel the same about Scream.

Youre preaching to the choir dude. Murdy says he's heard the Twin Peaks requests when I asked him on twitter a while back and he just said he never considered it horror. I won't give up believing, but it was a crushing blow. I feel the same about Scream.
Says the same man who did a Seth Rohan and James Franco comedy as a maze before ever considering Twin Peaks or Scream.

Reactions: Crazy4Horror

In fairness, Twin Peaks is a tall order.

Scream hasn't gotten made because 1) the IP only recently became more available to use (in theory) and 2) the stars simply have not aligned. Remember, Murdy went after The Exorcist and The Shining for years before he got the chance to do them. I know it feels like "now or never," but the franchise has proved to be evergreen and may show up somewhere down the line.

Reactions: chris.g
I think Scream is an eventuality. Especially with Scream 6 aiming for next year, it seems to be poised as the next big "Annual" Paramount Horror IP like Paranormal Activity was.

I think Scream is an eventuality. Especially with Scream 6 aiming for next year, it seems to be poised as the next big "Annual" Paramount Horror IP like Paranormal Activity was.

With Scream 5 being the 8th highest-grossing film worldwide and the highest-grossing horror movie this year so far, not to mention the upcoming sequel next year, it's going to be harder for Murdy and Universal to ignore the hype of people wanting to have Scream in HHN. I would be mad, but not surprised, if the IP isn't going to come this year or the next, but it's going to be harder for Universal to ignore the hype that they might have to cave in sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.