Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Still, people know what the Simpsons are, they are a gigantic name. It's older franchise, but still alot of people know it. It probably will only turn the turnstiles for a year like you said. But at least its something.

The tallest roller coaster in the state, I think thats competition. A customizable expeiriance, thats competition. However, the theme wont be good really. However people like the whole music video and internet age so people are going to ride it. Coaster or American Idol show? I dunno about that we will see.

Still, people know what the Simpsons are, they are a gigantic name. It's older franchise, but still alot of people know it. It probably will only turn the turnstiles for a year like you said. But at least its something.

I'm biased, but I still think an updated BTTF would have been a bigger draw. Not by much, but I'm not sold on The Simpsons being this huge attraction.

The tallest roller coaster in the state, I think thats competition. A customizable expeiriance, thats competition. However, the theme wont be good really. However people like the whole music video and internet age so people are going to ride it. Coaster or American Idol show? I dunno about that we will see.

The Idol show isn't going to be a huge draw to get people in the park, but hopefully it will pull some people away from Sunset Blvd. (which I'm sure is the goal). Also Idol will attract all ages. I like the show, but I'm not really all that excited about the attraction. It will be nice to be in the Superstar Television theater again though.

The coaster will draw some folks though, don't get me wrong. The whole thing wreaks of Six Flags right now though. Once more info comes out, I'm sure I'll warm to it.

Personally, I think the Simpsons wont be anything amazingly new. I would have preferred, and what the country would have preferred would be an updated BTTF.

I am not that excited about American Idol either. I like the show but, eh an attraction?

The whole thing kind of reaks of Six Flags. Six Flags will pull out a cardboard cutout of the riddler and call it the Riddler's Revenge. They are making up for that with the dark Knight coasters which look well themed. How ever, I hope the cardboard cutouts from the video aren't there. Cedar Fair has no brains at theming either. Paramount was good at theming but terrible at operations. Thats why Disney, Universal, and Busch are at the top.

I will love the coaster, not the theme.

Personally, I think the Simpsons wont be anything amazingly new. I would have preferred, and what the country would have preferred would be an updated BTTF.

Some might use the Simpsons' film B.O. numbers as a positive for the attraction, but even though it did very well overseas and made somewhat close to $200 million stateside, the opening weekend boxoffice accounted for 40% of its entire run. When a film has no legs, that usually doesn't bode well for a theme park attraction designed to last at least 7 or 8 years. And yes The Simpsons is a household name and will not have a flop attraction, but if BTTF 4 came out this summer, for example, is there any doubt it would make over $100 million more than The Simpsons film would?

I agree, The Simpsons are not solid I don't think will last for awhile like BTTF. There is no question in that. :thumbs:

So the article says the track will run between Jimmy Neutron and the Blue man group theatre and in between USF and IOA backlot areas but then go over into citywalk too. So, I would assume this means it will have to go over the water in front of hard rock right? This could make for some cool scenery or dives towards the water and I wonder how this will affect the boats going to the hotels too?

I for one am really looking forward to the coaster. Growing up near Cedar Point in Ohio I am a coaster fanatic and love anything new and unique. I'm looking forward to seeing the loop, sounds interesting, and I suppose it might be cool, or horrifying, to have a video of yourself riding the coaster. Just think if you ride at night you might have a souvenier video close up shot of a bug flying up your nose!

When they say over CityWalk I assume they just mean around Hard Rock and Blue Man, right? Surely it wouldn't actually go over to the stage and club area. :shrug: There's a lot of questions to be answered.

Thats what I was wondering as well. I don't really consider the area in front of the Studios as much as City Walk as say the stretch before IOA. All the shops and stuff towards the Studios are just fillers.

The concept art made it look as if it was gonna pan out around where the clubs and Margatritaville are.

The whole thing looks like a plan to keep people from mobbing IOA when Harry comes around, with the Simpsons being something new to keep people waiting.... good idea, but I'm hoping for something, you know, better themed. Definitely a must-ride when it comes up.

The whole thing looks like a plan to keep people from mobbing IOA when Harry comes around, with the Simpsons being something new to keep people waiting.... good idea, but I'm hoping for something, you know, better themed. Definitely a must-ride when it comes up.

Your exactly right. This is to help draw crowds to the Studios cause once Potter arrives people won't even think twice about which park to visit. People are gonna think of it like this, Do I want to go to a park that is immensely themed with some of the worlds best known characters including HP and ride some amazing coasters that are clearly visible from the front gate or do I go to a park where you can see Barney and Shrek.....?

The coaster will catch peoples attention and in turn will most likely give them more incentive to buy a multiday ticket or opt to go to both parks just out of curiosity.

I wanna know what the hell are they gonna do with the Jurassic Park. Theres nice little parcel of land next to JPRA that would house a pretty good sized attraction. Im thinking once they get this and HP done, they will focus the attention on that.

Someone over at IOAC pointed out something that I think all of us didnt realize. It seems as if the roller coaster goes thru letters that spell out "Hollywood". And you thought there wouldnt be theming.....HA!

If you look at the concept artwork it looks like the coaster is smashing through those big tv monitors right in the middle of citywalk where the path splits off to each park. So if that is really where it's going to run into it would have to cross the lagoon.

I didn't notice it until today but if you look in the background you can see a 'Y'. Obviously the lift hill is one of the 'L's.

Seems like the letters are too big and spread out though to spell all of Hollywood. :shrug:

Some quick thoughts.
Universal needs attractions They will never ever reach the guest numbers of Disney. They will never beat Disney. Disney is a family destination a contained city with everything they need to keep families there. So no reason to even think that Disney worries to much about Universal.

UO needs a way to draw more guest The cheapest easy way to do that is a coaster. Themeing is a after thought for most coasters. TTD at cedar point is a joke of theming as is Millenum Force but it draws the crowds.

Screamscape has some great pictures of the lap restraints, If my guess is right there will be some sad bigger riders.

I think it is a great plan with the rumored addition of the coaster at sea world the Orlando Coater count will keep on growing.

When they say over City Walk I assume they just mean around Hard Rock and Blue Man, right? Surely it wouldn't actually go over to the stage and club area. :shrug: There's a lot of questions to be answered.

Man - this was posted a day ago and I have not had any official comment yet! I wanted to wait till I could read more till I could give my opinions.

I am kinda relieved this will not go through the park. BUT I really hope that this does not interfere with BMG. I would be PISSED if you can hear this thing in the BMG theatre...I think it is overall a good idea. It is smart of them going outside the park...claiming more space than just the boundaries of a fence.

I like how when you start off...you go straight up! 170 feet is a pretty tall coaster in FL standards. That sounds fun. It is built like a reverse Sheikra in the beginning...and the nice thing about that style is the loading area can be compact.

Another cool feature is 4 cars can be running at once. That has to be a long track! The 6 near misses! People love the 3 on dragons....but 6!!! And a Record Breaking Loop!!! That is intense!

This sounds sexy, I want it now.

And all the naysayers, you know, just like the Simpson's, you'll all end up loving it when it starts nearing completion.

I think many people are worried about change...but once it settles in...it will still be a cool ride.

Just one last comment on the Idol discussion above - the show had 27 million viewers last night! That is a crazy number and week after week they get those viewers...I think that although the AI attraction will not appeal to us...some of those 27 million will be visiting WDW.

PS Spring of 2009 will be here soon enough! Right after HHN and right around next years Mardi Gras!!!

Last edited:
If you look at the concept artwork it looks like the coaster is smashing through those big tv monitors right in the middle of citywalk where the path splits off to each park. So if that is really where it's going to run into it would have to cross the lagoon.

Looking at the picture again I'm wrong, what I thought was the big tv monitors is actually the lift hill. :bonk: That's the only reason I was thinking it would extend over the water.