Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I recall that it just stops. That was the major problem I had with the ride itself was that the music just ends abruptly.

Yeah, I just watched a POV and you're right it just stops and goes straight to the character talking. Thanks for the clarification.

I recall that it just stops. That was the major problem I had with the ride itself was that the music just ends abruptly.

Well what do you suggest that the music does other than have a small fade to the character talking? There isn't much in terms of creative thinking.

My last ride (13th ride on Rockit), I listened to Paranoid - Black Sabbath. New favorite song to ride to. I'll be listening to Wheel in the Sky - Journey on my next ride.

Love listening to Immigrant Song by Zeppelin. Now if you could listen to hidden tracks like that while viewing your vid then I could see spending $3 or $4 on a ride video, no more than that of course.

Well what do you suggest that the music does other than have a small fade to the character talking? There isn't much in terms of creative thinking.

My last ride (13th ride on Rockit), I listened to Paranoid - Black Sabbath. New favorite song to ride to. I'll be listening to Wheel in the Sky - Journey on my next ride.

I would hope that they could somehow edit the main songs so that at a chorus part they could go to after the last chorus and be able to finish the song. Or have band mixes like RNRC. But neither of those things will happen.

I think they actuall close Kingda Ka even if it's just drizzling.

Yeah, I also didn't like how it just stopped the music. They should at least have a fade out or something.

Kingda Ka is ridiculously dangerous in any kind of precipitation. You're going over 120 MPH...that really hurts, it might even harm a person. And yes, they do close during weather conditions.

It sort of fades out and then the same people that talk in the queue video, talk to you saying that the music video you filmed was sick or something along those lines.

"Guy:DUDE THAT ROCKED. YOUR EXPRESSION WAS THE (INSERT-SOME-WORD-HERE). Chick: Were just about back to the station wait for the these cool cats to give you the all clear signal. Watch you hand when exiting the ride vehicle we don't want any broken fingernails you know! See you down stairs at the editing kiosk." (Give or take a few words)

Furthermore this is nothing new but from opening weekend and about 4 months ago they have added way more more to the video, for one the 2nd que area just before going up the stairs is way quieter. They have erm... "added features" to the main chick in the video if you catch my drift. The overall videos sept for the one in the station have a lot more computer graphics in-between the bits of music and annoying crap to make the video longer and not as annoying.

PWT

I also don't like how the ride ends. The music ends abruptly and at a weird point. It doesn't leave you feeling satisfied and wanting more, but more confused/frustrated it's over and you want more but you think "another 30-60 minutes in line again? hmmm"

That's because Manta is slow. Coasters hurt in the rain if they have speed.

Oh yeah Montu, Kumba, and Sheikra in the rain are brutal, but has anyone been on Magnum or Millennium Force at Cedar Point with the swarms of bugs at dusk. Those can sting and really mess up your face. For those who haven't think of hitting a lady bug going 90+ miles per hour.

Oh yeah Montu, Kumba, and Sheikra in the rain are brutal, but has anyone been on Magnum or Millennium Force at Cedar Point with the swarms of bugs at dusk. Those can sting and really mess up your face. For those who haven't think of hitting a lady bug going 90+ miles per hour.

YES! I went once a few years ago in August. We rode Millennium Force right before the park closed, at dusk, for the second time that day. OMG I had to keep my mouth shut after the first hill because I inhaled a june bug like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber. I didn't even want to keep my eyes open lol. That was some experience, human windshield! I'll never forget that ride!

Yes, sheikra in the rain is awful. I didn't think much of it when it started to rain. It felt like I was being shot in the face with an airsoft gun and I had to cover my face with my hands for most of the ride.

30vnjfl.jpg

I don't know if this was ever askd but is that rebar? Shouldn't be a concrete lined wall istead of a weed and vine wall?

I've been on Magnum and Millennium in the rain. I've been the first ride, front row, on TTD in the morning as well. Those bugs are brutal. I walked off with black specks in my teeth. It wasn't a good day to wear a white shirt either.

I don't know if this was ever askd but is that rebar? Shouldn't be a concrete lined wall instead of a weed and vine wall?

It looks like just support for any vines to grow in that area. More like vegetation rebar instead of concrete rebar. Of course, in the computer video it appears to be concrete, but it looks like that's been scrubbed. I'd say wait for some plants to grow. If the vines were to grow in, it'd be beautiful.

Were there plans for mist on Rockit? Never heard about that :shrug:

I don't recall there being any (according to my sources). If there were any plans, they'd be in the Ghostbusters tunnel, but I doubt that it would've ever happened.

I've been on Magnum and Millennium in the rain. I've been the first ride, front row, on TTD in the morning as well. Those bugs are brutal. I walked off with black specks in my teeth. It wasn't a good day to wear a white shirt either.

You should hang around the flood lights underneath the tower around Labor day... the whole area gets a "fried bug guts" smell to it that I swear they don't clean out until the park's closed during the week for Halloweekends.