Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it wont happen but blueskying this.

I think the DK will be great but maybe use the most of the space and put the Yoshi ride there and use more of the land.

What I mean is not a clone of the Yoshi ride but the tech, and create something you go above this new land and have two inside sections at least, one is a clone from Japan with the Mario Galaxy stuff/Baby Mario. Then a second part that is inside with Captain toad and all the different Yoshi's we never got.
The Q would have to be new and maybe add the Yoshi Tech we didn't get from Japan, and some new stuff using Captain Toad/maybe even DK stuff to make the rest of the line work and feel fresh

I know, I'm a broken record on this ride but SLOP has limits because of how on busy days you have to have a ticket to go on it, and I truly beilive a people eater type ride will help both these lands and while this will be similar it can also kinda be its own unque and maybe better version of the ride.

Reactions: joerodriguez
I know it wont happen but blueskying this.

I think the DK will be great but maybe use the most of the space and put the Yoshi ride there and use more of the land.

What I mean is not a clone of the Yoshi ride but the tech, and create something you go above this new land and have two inside sections at least, one is a clone from Japan with the Mario Galaxy stuff/Baby Mario. Then a second part that is inside with Captain toad and all the different Yoshi's we never got.
The Q would have to be new and maybe add the Yoshi Tech we didn't get from Japan, and some new stuff using Captain Toad/maybe even DK stuff to make the rest of the line work and feel fresh

I know, I'm a broken record on this ride but SLOP has limits because of how on busy days you have to have a ticket to go on it, and I truly beilive a people eater type ride will help both these lands and while this will be similar it can also kinda be its own unque and maybe better version of the ride.

I don't think Hollywood will ever get Yoshi, but I remember a while back there was a rumor on these forums that the Hollywood version of Donkey Kong would include the coaster AND a splash battle ride similar to the one in Legoland and the one being built at Epic universe. This would've made up for our loss of Yoshi. I don't know if this is still in the plans for the DK expansion at USH, but I hope it is.

I don't think Hollywood will ever get Yoshi, but I remember a while back there was a rumor on these forums that the Hollywood version of Donkey Kong would include the coaster AND a splash battle ride similar to the one in Legoland and the one being built at Epic universe. This would've made up for our loss of Yoshi. I don't know if this is still in the plans for the DK expansion at USH, but I hope it is.
I'd much rather this than Yoshi honestly, would more than make up for it. Fingers crossed!

Not sure that was a rumor. I suggested it previously but not seen any evidence/rumors that would make it legitimate - happy to be proved wrong though.

• Sad
Reactions: salismetho
Hmmm, I'm starting to think... have we considered that maybe all this confidence in Donkey Kong coming to USH very soon stems from Universal Core tweets getting echo chambered? I might eat my words next week but it still just doesn't feel quite right to me

Hmmm, I'm starting to think... have we considered that maybe all this confidence in Donkey Kong coming to USH very soon stems from Universal Core tweets getting echo chambered? I might eat my words next week but it still just doesn't feel quite right to me
Universal's current MO would not involve announcing DK on the 15th. I think DK is slated for 2026, which would track with another use stating he has intel that they are big things planned for USH in 2026 and 2028.

No, the tweet account that shall not be named jumped on the bandwagon in his usual scattergun approach of just firing off 'facts' with very little or no evidence.

I think we were discussing this a full year before any of those tweets and it's also really obvious that if they can expand SNW they will.

No, the tweet account that shall not be named jumped on the bandwagon in his usual scattergun approach of just firing off 'facts' with very little or no evidence.

I think we were discussing this a full year before any of those tweets and it's also really obvious that if they can expand SNW they will.
Oh I definitely think we will get Donkey Kong at some point. I’ve just noticed that a lot of the recent stuff that’s been going around is stuff that probably originated from him, like announcement on media day and that they’re about to start construction. He’s also been talking about a variety of DK rumors since before the pandemic. But i think this project is further off then I thought

If DK isn't out within 3 years then I just....i don't get it. You don't want more money from Mario?

It’s never really that simple
Of course its not but I'd like to understand how DK land is being built other places but not here right now?

Just make the deal with Nintendo and go, I have seen noooooo one on my stuff posting about Mickey ride but dam do i see a lot of people loving Nintendo land. Strike the deal and go.

Reactions: joerodriguez
Of course its not but I'd like to understand how DK land is being built other places but not here right now?

Just make the deal with Nintendo and go, I have seen noooooo one on my stuff posting about Mickey ride but dam do i see a lot of people loving Nintendo land. Strike the deal and go.

Because USH has other plans they need to address, as well. As he said, it's never THAT simple.

I know you won't listen but I'll share some factors to consider anyways:
  • The biggest is obviously cost. UPR is beholden to Comcast shareholders. Right now, Universal's biggest single investment in the industry is being constructed in Orlando on top of Donkey Kong being constructed in Japan, a new coaster in Hollywood, and the KidZone redo. CapEx is expected to only go up this year due to Epic Universe construction. A new land is far more expensive than a new roller coaster. For reference, Super Nintendo World cost almost 550 million dollars to build in Japan, it wouldn't surprise me if it was more expensive to build here. They have a lot of money, but it's not infinite
  • The expansion would require the demolition of soundstages, the studio wanting to keep around the stages for a bit longer or get altogether cold feet on selling the stages to the park are both very real possibilities.
  • Nintendo is currently unhappy with USH. While this could result in DK being fasttracked, that's not a slam dunk. They could even want USH to address some of their issues before continuing with another land. This situation is very odd and I could be wrong in saying this, but I think is pretty unprecedented on this scale. We don't really know what the end result will be just yet.
  • Time. The park lost a lot of time to do a makeover in time for the 2028 Olympics due to the pandemic. They may have other projects that we don't know about that they want to prioritize.
  • I think it's also important to remember that Mario is the biggest IP of Nintendo, and that to many Donkey Kong is an extension of Mario. I would be surprised if a Donkey Kong expansion brought in nearly the same crowds as the first Mario land to open in the United States. I mean, look at Diagon Alley opening vs. Hogsmeade opening, or hell even look at Hogsmeade Orlando opening vs. Hogsmeade Hollywood opening.
I think Donkey Kong will probably come, but it's never as simple as "make a deal with Nintendo and do it, you have the money." And Universal isn't really in a great place to negotiate with Nintendo if that's what they needed to do right now

Last edited:
I know you won't listen but I'll share some factors to consider anyways:
  • The biggest is obviously cost. UPR is beholden to Comcast shareholders. Right now, Universal's biggest single investment in the industry is being constructed in Orlando on top of Donkey Kong being constructed in Japan, a new coaster in Hollywood, and the KidZone redo. CapEx is expected to only go up this year due to Epic Universe construction. A new land is far more expensive than a new roller coaster. For reference, Super Nintendo World cost almost 550 million dollars to build in Japan, it wouldn't surprise me if it was more expensive to build here. They have a lot of money, but it's not infinite
  • The expansion would require the demolition of soundstages, the studio wanting to keep around the stages for a bit longer or get altogether cold feet on selling the stages to the park are both very real possibilities.
  • Nintendo is currently unhappy with USH. While this could result in DK being fasttracked, that's not a slam dunk. They could even want USH to address some of their issues before continuing with another land. This situation is very odd and I could be wrong in saying this, but I think is pretty unprecedented on this scale. We don't really know what the end result will be just yet.
  • Time. The park lost a lot of time to do a makeover in time for the 2028 Olympics due to the pandemic. They may have other projects that we don't know about that they want to prioritize.
  • I think it's also important to remember that Mario is the biggest IP of Nintendo, and that to many Donkey Kong is an extension of Mario. I would be surprised if a Donkey Kong expansion brought in nearly the same crowds as the first Mario land to open in the United States. I mean, look at Diagon Alley opening vs. Hogsmeade opening, or hell even look at Hogsmeade Orlando opening vs. Hogsmeade Hollywood opening.
I think Donkey Kong will probably come, but it's never as simple as "make a deal with Nintendo and do it, you have the money." And Universal isn't really in a great place to negotiate with Nintendo if that's what they needed to do right now

Thinking aloud here, but I wonder if we learn what the cost is eventually to building DK in Japan since that may give us a good idea how much it would cost them to build it in Hollywood. If phase 1 SNW already cost them $550m in Japan there then maybe this is a billion dollar land at that park when all is said and done. (and it would definitely be even more expensive to build at Epic Universe)

So part of the reason is poor management and planning?
Then cooperate needs to do something about that unless tey are the issue

the sound stages to me are are a different issues, I feel like they should weight the cost but to me those are an easy go. You can build those anywhere

May two cents are they found a golden goose and don’t have someone with the vision to use it here at USH