Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So part of the reason is poor management and planning?
Then cooperate needs to do something about that unless tey are the issue

the sound stages to me are are a different issues, I feel like they should weight the cost but to me those are an easy go. You can build those anywhere

May two cents are they found a golden goose and don’t have someone with the vision to use it here at USH

They may of found a golden goose, but it is also paramount to use the Golden Goose in ways that make sense (And sometimes it may not be what you want it to be).

Honestly the next major Nintendo thing I have to think is happening before DKC, is Nintendo Los Angeles. I really think this makes a lot of sense and it allows to bring a constant crowd of those who want Nintendo merchandise, and not just from the Super Mario franchise. It'd also allow them to incentivize on promotional opportunities with Nintendo of America, such as Directs; game touring and tournaments. It makes sense to me in a lot of ways; and it could clear up that SNW store to be used for other things too.

The SNW Store and Mini Monster (Which has gotten a permit) feel like a good amount of space to add something new in that location. May not be large; but it's worth value.

Reactions: BriefCasey

the sound stages to me are are a different issues, I feel like they should weight the cost but to me those are an easy go. You can build those anywhere

May two cents are they found a golden goose and don’t have someone with the vision to use it here at USH
I know you always think it's Nintendo but Potter was the Golden Goose.
This may be a 2nd Golden Goose but lets not forget what turned Universal parks into what we see today, and how much of a bigger change Potter coming to USH has had on the park than Nintendo...so far.

It's been stated by Universal that they have a location for putting DKC. They wouldn't have that if they didn't hope to bring it here eventually.

I know you always think it's Nintendo but Potter was the Golden Goose.
This may be a 2nd Golden Goose but lets not forget what turned Universal parks into what we see today, and how much of a bigger change Potter coming to USH has had on the park than Nintendo...so far.

It's been stated by Universal that they have a location for putting DKC. They wouldn't have that if they didn't hope to bring it here eventually.
the difference is potter is in ways dead

the films went down quickly and while the game is doing well it’s got bad headlines
Nintendo is at its peak, the Zelda collections edition sold out in minutes and movie will easily break a billion

I hope this continues but you strike when the fire is hot
Also space is limited and see no reason to use large bits of land for other IPs that fill make 1/10 the amount of money

if you guys want to wait cool, I disagree and that’s cool we just have different ideas on how to run this park

the difference is potter is in ways dead

the films went down quickly and while the game is doing well it’s got bad headlines
Nintendo is at its peak, the Zelda collections edition sold out in minutes and movie will easily break a billion

I hope this continues but you strike when the fire is hot
Also space is limited and see no reason to use large bits of land for other IPs that fill make 1/10 the amount of money

if you guys want to wait cool, I disagree and that’s cool we just have different ideas on how to run this park

Without Potter you would not be getting Nintendo.

No one wants to wait, but you seem to be ignoring any kind of sense of reality about finances, the workings of an actual movie studio, construction, long term planning or providing a balanced theme park experience.

Considering USH has gone from yearly attendance of under 6 million to roughly 10 million in 10 years I'd say Comcast know what they are doing.

Just chill, more Nintendo is coming.

Without Potter you would not be getting Nintendo.

No one wants to wait, but you seem to be ignoring any kind of sense of reality about finances, the workings of an actual movie studio, construction, long term planning or providing a balanced theme park experience.

Considering USH has gone from yearly attendance of under 6 million to roughly 10 million in 10 years I'd say Comcast know what they are doing.

Just chill, more Nintendo is coming.
I never said that but Nintendo is the new golden goose, not that Potter doesn't bring people in but the next year data will show you how great a move this is.

Also whats not to say that having Nintendo land 3 years ago would have risen it up to 12 million?

I respectfully disagree with you and thats fine, but to pretend like your logic of playing it safe is the only way to me is just wrong. I think Leadership needs to be more aggressive, they still have room to build more sound stages (even as filming will at one point have to slow down) I'm looking beyond the current landscape of movies/TV and seeing just less investment in ten years and so having less soundstages over more lands will in the end make them more.

It's not like my idea's don't have logic behind them, I'm thinking like someone who knows stock in the company and I'd want more returns on my investment over playing it safe, you are either making moves or standing still.

everytime i come on here its the same conversation about nintendo stuff "not coming fast enough." i dont understand how people "not in the room" can make sweeping generalizations and pretend to know how to run the company. these projects are very complex and take a long time, and decision making is a lengthy process. just be patient bro please

I never said that but Nintendo is the new golden goose, not that Potter doesn't bring people in but the next year data will show you how great a move this is.

Also whats not to say that having Nintendo land 3 years ago would have risen it up to 12 million?
You literally just said that they found the golden goose with Nintendo 5 posts ago.

I respectfully disagree with you and thats fine, but to pretend like your logic of playing it safe is the only way to me is just wrong. I think Leadership needs to be more aggressive, they still have room to build more sound stages (even as filming will at one point have to slow down) I'm looking beyond the current landscape of movies/TV and seeing just less investment in ten years and so having less soundstages over more lands will in the end make them more.

It's not like my idea's don't have logic behind them, I'm thinking like someone who knows stock in the company and I'd want more returns on my investment over playing it safe, you are either making moves or standing still.
Life would be boring without different thoughts and ideas so I welcome you having a different opinion.
But you have written 100's of posts on here now about how much better USH would be if they just did what you think they should, saying management is poor or calling for people to be fired.

You could be right and I really do love your passion for Nintendo... but you never seem to think you could be wrong.

Construction takes time and resources that are still scarce from the pandemic. It’s not easy to build several lands at once without reaching the limits of what you have to work with.

Now, I agree some corporations like Comcast have unlimited money to spend, but it’s sadly not realistic to spend it all at once, even if from a far it makes sense to cause they can. But, they won’t, and never have really.

everytime i come on here its the same conversation about nintendo stuff "not coming fast enough." i dont understand how people "not in the room" can make sweeping generalizations and pretend to know how to run the company. these projects are very complex and take a long time, and decision making is a lengthy process. just be patient bro please
Lol

I guess we are all here for different reasons. I'm here to Bluesky Ideas and talk about how the parks are being run.

Also FYI look up most companies the people in charge may be experts but many, mny times make huge mistakes all the time. Look at Disney right now, I don't need a business degree to tell you how Lightyear or Strange Worlds were over budgeted and why most people didn't see them. Disney is putting stories over fun, Puss and Boots and Bad Guys beat out Disney animated films and its easy to see why.

You can never make too much money, so yeah when you have an IP people are very interested in you bring more and behind the scenes I hope they are looking into ways to bring more Nintendo now....but from what we can tell they are not. I don't know why stockholders just sit there seeing the numbers from SNW and don't want more, yesterday and not ten years from now.

Its a hot IP right now, could it in the future? Yes but why wait when you have data telling you how to draw more people in, Nintendo is the next Potter and in 15 years I want to be reminding people why USH has double its rides and its because of Nintendo selling merch out like crazy and drawing in more guests, which then allows them to invest more in HHN, Grincmas, Light shows on the castle and maybe some sort of Drone show that can rival Disneyland's fireworks. It takes time but there are problems and there are problems that money can solve and USH is mainly the latter, in my opinion

Lol

I guess we are all here for different reasons. I'm here to Bluesky Ideas and talk about how the parks are being run.

Also FYI look up most companies the people in charge may be experts but many, mny times make huge mistakes all the time. Look at Disney right now, I don't need a business degree to tell you how Lightyear or Strange Worlds were over budgeted and why most people didn't see them. Disney is putting stories over fun, Puss and Boots and Bad Guys beat out Disney animated films and its easy to see why.

You can never make too much money, so yeah when you have an IP people are very interested in you bring more and behind the scenes I hope they are looking into ways to bring more Nintendo now....but from what we can tell they are not. I don't know why stockholders just sit there seeing the numbers from SNW and don't want more, yesterday and not ten years from now.

Its a hot IP right now, could it in the future? Yes but why wait when you have data telling you how to draw more people in, Nintendo is the next Potter and in 15 years I want to be reminding people why USH has double its rides and its because of Nintendo selling merch out like crazy and drawing in more guests, which then allows them to invest more in HHN, Grincmas, Light shows on the castle and maybe some sort of Drone show that can rival Disneyland's fireworks. It takes time but there are problems and there are problems that money can solve and USH is mainly the latter, in my opinion
I always love your enthusiasm, but this sounds so spoiled.

You just got the first SNW in North America, be happy!

Lol

You're ignoring all the realistic, technical reasons people have already laid out as to why Donkey Kong isn't breaking ground yet, but you're also making WILD assumptions about things. "I don't know why stockholders just sit there and don't want more" or you repeatedly say/imply that Universal Creative is just sitting around, twiddling their thumbs, with no idea on what to do next and that it's obvious that what you think is the one and only way forward, so why can't it be obvious to them. That's just... not realistic. Of course "the stockholders" are seeing numbers. Of course all the members of the creative team are talking. Of course Universal has eyes on the future. Just because they're not sharing it with us, the public, doesn't mean these conversations aren't being held and pieces are moving, but it's like if you're not seeing it now, right now, or even yesterday, then clearly no one at Universal cares and nothing is happening, period, and they're all lazy, uncreative idiots.

It doesn't often come across as you "blue skying" when you're arguing constantly with everyone and ignoring what everyone tries to get through to you. This is the real world, and as much as DK sounds awesome, it's not as simple as the stockholders snapping their fingers and Creative knocking down the soundstages and getting to work tomorrow -- that's literally the point that everyone keeps trying to make. "Why wait?" Because that's how it works. That's how it has to work. And calling creatives morons and repeating the same exact points to all of us ad nauseam every few days isn't going to change that.

lol what

Reactions: highdefrex
Lol

2BBDB1A7-04F7-4529-96B7-498540B97DDF.jpeg

Reactions: highdefrex
Lol

Not sure why I'm bothering with this, but:

The people on these forums are less annoyed with your specific ideas and more annoyed at your attitude that you know better than all of the people at Universal whose literal full-time jobs are to plan and consider what the park needs, and who in many cases have been in this industry their whole lives.

Real life theme parks are not like Rollercoaster Tycoon where you just build something with your god-given resources and then people come. In the business world, things are always messier and more complex than they seem beneath the surface. Comcast in particular is one of the largest companies in the entire world, and in this case they're working with one of the most notoriously protective brands who have direct veto power over any of their ideas. No doubt Nintendo is a hugely popular property and there is a lot of demand for it (Uni would not have made the deal in the first place if they didn't recognize that). And no doubt more Nintendo is coming to all Uni parks (as has been confirmed multiple times on this site). But the calculus is so much more complicated than "The people want Nintendo, so we will devote all our resources to Nintendo ASAP". There are financial factors, construction factors, global economic factors, design factors, Nintendo factors, marketing factors, competition factors, plus I'm sure a whole slew of internal corporate politics and contradictions which no random person on an Internet forum is ever going to have any clue about.

You instead reject all of this and think that you know better than all of these people who have so much more at stake in this than you do just because you really like Nintendo and want to see more of it in the park ASAP. It comes across as a very childish way of viewing the world. If you want things to be that simple, then stick to Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Last edited:
I mean, if I'm a major shareholder in Universal, and they say they can spend $1 billion now to make a super dooper Nintendo world with all of the rides and get everyone to visit over the course of a few years. Or they can split that up and spend $333 million 3 times, spread over a decade, and keep people coming back every time you open a new ride for many many years. I'm going to be full on pressing to fire anyone who suggests that they do it all at once.

You gotta build up the hype. If you release it all at once, it's not gonna last and you're gonna suffer in the long run. As much as we all hate to wait for things we want, this is a necessary price to pay; not just in regards to theme parks, but with anything in life, really. It's all about focused engagement; keyword: focused. That's at least my understanding of how to keep successful theme parks running, and the Mario Land, in this case, looks like it'll work in holding our interest until the DK land gets announced whenever Nintendo or Universal (whichever is later) feel like it.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
broz7cuiq1ia1.jpg

Why does that track in the back look familiar?