Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Part of me wants this just so we can have two giant gorillas in the same park.
King Kong and Donkey Kong, hilarious how DK got his inspiration from Universal's Kong.
Oh how things go full circle.
I say this half jokingly, but all the more reason to find a way to put Kirby in one day.

After all, here's a fun fact: His namesake was John Kirby, the lawyer who defended Nintendo during that case with them and Universal over Donkey Kong's name. :v

Reactions: Coolbfitz

Won't go through the time stamps as I'm too lazy to find them them - but Kit and Krysta - two social media faces/ former employees for/ under Nintendo's now cancelled Nintendo Minute, have said they have seen and known about SNW since its conception for USH, and have implied that Mario Kart is the land's only ride for now, and it's a Mario only experience right now before tip-toeing around saying DK is coming to Osaka. Worth taking into consideration.

Now knowing this, this is gonna get very interesting if they demo the soundstages right behind SNW.

I forget if this has been gone over before, but would they have to reroute the tram at that point or could they build a bridge over it?

Won't go through the time stamps as I'm too lazy to find them them - but Kit and Krysta - two social media faces/ former employees for/ under Nintendo's now cancelled Nintendo Minute, have said they have seen and known about SNW since its conception for USH, and have implied that Mario Kart is the land's only ride for now, and it's a Mario only experience right now before tip-toeing around saying DK is coming to Osaka. Worth taking into consideration.

DK is being built in Osaka as we know it. I think once Universal finishes/is close to finishing the Fast and Furious coaster on the Upper Lot and crews are freed up, they will go full bore on demo and have DK up and running at some point in 2026

I would guess they're just saying that because they hope to see the collaboration between Nintendo and Universal continue beyond just this first land. While they could have heard of further plans at one point, they definitely wouldn't be at liberty to share that.

One point of interest they do bring up though in their recent podcast this week is that despite the potential for more Nintendo lands they acknowledge that Universal Hollywood is a small park so at some point Nintendo won't be able to grow any bigger there. I've wondered similar things about Universal Japan and at what point is that park unable to handle any more Nintendo attractions given we know of the partnership with Pokemon.

Either way I am a believer in DK coming to Hollywood :peace:

Last edited:
I’m kinda confused, wasn’t part of the agreement between Universal and Nintendo that the DK portion had to be included in every land? Or was that just a rumor? Seems to me like it’s only a matter of time but maybe I don’t have this right.

Everyone knows I want the land now....but we've talked about this. They are focusing on FF and then DK

Maybe things could change but we all know that USH is making more money now then ever before, we have sold out dates, and 20-30 dollar passes for the morning and 100 dollar backpaks...etc

Nintendo will be coming to this park, which and when we dont know but they will come anyone saying other wise just doesn't know the plan yet but unless something really bad went down between Nintendo and USH they will be getting more Nintendo

Just a rumor, and probably a false one at that. Singapore has no room for it.
Nintendo knows Singapore can't get any more Nintendo than SNW proper. Maybe this is for parks that do have workable space for more Nintendo attractions if by some chance this contract was true.

Singapore was not part of the 2015/2016 announcement between Universal Parks and Nintendo. It could've been signed later under separate terms, if we were to assume that DK is contractually obligated under the original agreement for the first 3 parks.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Bumping this however more so due to reading along the lines--how we feeling on whether or not this goes?

Considering Super Nintendo World continues to be a big success for USH, NBCUniversal genuinely struck gold with Illumination's Super Mario Bros as it is going to absolutely kill it over the course of the upcoming month. Might this be bumped up in consideration to increasing demand for more of the worlds of Mario?

Movie made almost 400 Million in its first weekend and we have never seen USH have this many sell out dates before and Nintendo merch is flying off the shelves

If they don't get this land at USH then they just don't want easy money

Reactions: joerodriguez
when new developments take years to plan and build and cant be done immediately

fetchimage

USH is making a killing both in ticket sales and merchandise sales since the opening of SNW. It wouldn't surprise me if they break the ten million attendance mark for 2023 (they hit 9.1 million in 2019). They'd be foolish if they're not already talking about more Nintendo expansion.

USH is making a killing both in ticket sales and merchandise sales since the opening of SNW. It wouldn't surprise me if they break the ten million attendance mark for 2023 (they hit 9.1 million in 2019). They'd be foolish if they're not already talking about more Nintendo expansion.
With this park's numbers and size, they should have new development constantly.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
DK coming to USH would mean they've learned nothing from the capacity struggles they have right now. Donkey Kong Country as it will appear in Japan and EU, ESPECIALLY the ride, simply do not bring the capacity that Hollywood needs right now. In my opinion, it would be wasted space and I hope that, if we were to get Nintendo expansion which I think is likely, it's in the form of a non-locked land. Donkey Kong would be bad for this park