Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
DK coming to USH would mean they've learned nothing from the capacity struggles they have right now. Donkey Kong Country as it will appear in Japan and EU, ESPECIALLY the ride, simply do not bring the capacity that Hollywood needs right now. In my opinion, it would be wasted space and I hope that, if we were to get Nintendo expansion which I think is likely, it's in the form of a non-locked land. Donkey Kong would be bad for this park
As a Theme park fan you could be correct but Theme parks are businesses you make what products offer the people what they want and clearly they want Nintendo.

The land would be great for USH to sell more morning passes (hey I hate them but guests keep selling them out so I can say they suck but they are great for the park). The new land would also allow space for a Nightime show for Nintendo which I think would keep more people in the park longer.

Who knows, maybe they will also give us the Yoshi ride in someway as another people eater ride. You can easily make the Yoshi and DK themes mix and bring us the DK ride for a fun family coaster (thats as themed as Big Thunder Mountain) plus new power band games.

Also for many memeing "they can't build now"

Well duh, just sucks they don't have someone like me at the company telling them how big Nintendo is and they could have easily precipitated the film would be huge. You can go back and see my posts on both the land and film and since they were announced I have seen the end goal being far beyond what USH management and even Nintendo thought would be the reaction

USH is making a killing both in ticket sales and merchandise sales since the opening of SNW. It wouldn't surprise me if they break the ten million attendance mark for 2023 (they hit 9.1 million in 2019). They'd be foolish if they're not already talking about more Nintendo expansion.
I believe and many others believe more Nintendo is indeed bound for USH as the 2026 addition.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
DK coming to USH would mean they've learned nothing from the capacity struggles they have right now. Donkey Kong Country as it will appear in Japan and EU, ESPECIALLY the ride, simply do not bring the capacity that Hollywood needs right now. In my opinion, it would be wasted space and I hope that, if we were to get Nintendo expansion which I think is likely, it's in the form of a non-locked land. Donkey Kong would be bad for this park
What Nintendo IP could work in the form of a non land locked area?

As a Theme park fan you could be correct but Theme parks are businesses you make what products offer the people what they want and clearly they want Nintendo.

The land would be great for USH to sell more morning passes (hey I hate them but guests keep selling them out so I can say they suck but they are great for the park). The new land would also allow space for a Nightime show for Nintendo which I think would keep more people in the park longer.
Well yes, as a business who's supply depends on the amount of space they have, I would think they wouldn't want to lock that much space in such a small park behind a ride with <1000 per hour capacity.

Also for many memeing "they can't build now"

Well duh, just sucks they don't have someone like me at the company telling them how big Nintendo is and they could have easily precipitated the film would be huge. You can go back and see my posts on both the land and film and since they were announced I have seen the end goal being far beyond what USH management and even Nintendo thought would be the reaction
Yes, they only bet two arms of their company on Nintendo. Clearly they had no idea!

Reactions: Freak and Cygnus
Well yes, as a business who's supply depends on the amount of space they have, I would think they wouldn't want to lock that much space in such a small park behind a ride with <1000 per hour capacity.

Yes, they only bet two arms of their company on Nintendo. Clearly they had no idea!
I do have to ask if you go to USH offend

Because the park sells out and I go and its very manageable, mainly most people are in SNW and most other rides in the mornings and even most nights are still very good wait times. So I'd say capacity wise they seem to be doing great with the space

We dont even have plans yet for this version of DK, like we have no idea how much space it will take up and if we get a second ride what is it? A flat ride or maybe a people eater.

As for If Universal was going all in, I have asked soooo many times why are Mario Land is smaller and not as amazing as the first one and its all about them betting on the studio over SNW and I will just argue that they should have used more land for SNW so we could have more then one store in the land, more then one ride and have the extra powerband game as well.
Also over in Japan I just found out they have an outside of the land restaurant, so I'm confused why if they new it would be this big a hit Florida and USH don't have something like the Mario Cafe and Store. Like a cheap and easy win.

I do have to ask if you go to USH offend

Because the park sells out and I go and its very manageable, mainly most people are in SNW and most other rides in the mornings and even most nights are still very good wait times. So I'd say capacity wise they seem to be doing great with the space
Yes I do go to the park. USH is actively limiting capacity right now compared to how many tickets they'd usually sell because they don't have space. By a large number too from what I've heard.

As for If Universal was going all in, I have asked soooo many times why are Mario Land is smaller and not as amazing as the first one and its all about them betting on the studio over SNW and I will just argue that they should have used more land for SNW so we could have more then one store in the land, more then one ride and have the extra powerband game as well.
I don't think it was them underestimating demand, I think this is USH getting shafted and management not caring enough about the needs of the park since this was easier and Epic opens in two years. And getting stages from the studio is not as simple as you might think

Last edited:
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I wonder if Universal/Nintendo is thinking about doing an expanded version of Yoshi's Adventure (or another Mario omnimover) or maybe a Luigi's Mansion themed Villain-Con clone like some users on here have suggested? I imagine that Mario is going to be the focus for a while because of the movies. Zelda and Pokemon (despite my previous joke) don't make a ton of sense at this time.

I'm starting to get flashbacks of almost a month ago when we all started having mental breakdowns thinking the F&F coaster got canceled.

Unless they really need those stages behind SNW, I don't see why we wouldn't get DK. Just because it's not happening RIGHT THE HECK NAOW doesn't mean it's been canceled. We've been down this road before. Chill guys.

Although, not to worry anyone, but there is that small possibility that they didn't sell enough popcorn buckets to justify building DK.

Yes I do go to the park. USH is actively limiting capacity right now compared to how many tickets they'd usually sell because they don't have space. By a large number too from what I've heard.

I don't think it was them underestimating demand, I think this is USH getting shafted and management not caring enough about the needs of the park since this was easier and Epic opens in two years. And getting stages from the studio is not as simple as you might think
1) what would you you suggest over DK land
2) Disneyland is doing the same thing and making bank

If this year still breaks the record for the most guests and is more profitable than before. I think it shows Nintendo is a good direction

I just hope they find more space so we don’t always have to have the worst versions of lands

What if I told yall

DKC is no longer on the table as the SNW expansion.

just what if though.
Wrong. It will come, I just doubt it will be in the traditional sense where both lands are connected.
The plot our DKC is going in is about an acre larger than Osaka's actually.
So what happened? DKC went from being actively planned and supposedly being announced at a media event, to now not being considered?

I'm starting to get flashbacks of almost a month ago when we all started having mental breakdowns thinking the F&F coaster got canceled.

Unless they really need those stages behind SNW, I don't see why we wouldn't get DK. Just because it's not happening RIGHT THE HECK NAOW doesn't mean it's been canceled. We've been down this road before. Chill guys.

Although, not to worry anyone, but there is that small possibility that they didn't sell enough popcorn buckets to justify building DK.
I mean I'll just say from the start I had seen a lot more evidence that this was never planned then there was that it was happening. Not saying it won't happen, but it's not a slam dunk the way F&F was.

I'll also just share this message from @Legacy about Orlando's stages that I believe applies to Hollywood's stages as well. It's not all up to the park about what's financially viable
Screen_Shot_2023-04-09_at_1.55.59_PM.png

Reactions: Clive
Tbh I'm not against the idea of DKC being axed in favor of other Nintendo expansion. Luigi's Mansion moving walkway shooter where Panda Express currently is, place some new minigames around the land, maybe add a new retail location as well. Sounds pretty nice to me. The Villain-Con attraction in Orlando sounds perfect for a Nintendo IP like Luigi's Mansion (it's essentially a big Powerup band minigame).

I mean I'll just say from the start I had seen a lot more evidence that this was never planned then there was that it was happening. Not saying it won't happen, but it's not a slam dunk the way F&F was.

I'll also just share this message from @Legacy about Orlando's stages that I believe applies to Hollywood's stages as well. It's not all up to the park about what's financially viable
Screen_Shot_2023-04-09_at_1.55.59_PM.png
Well I'm going to be pretty bummed if this gets canned. USH needs a themed family coaster and this would be perfect.

Well I'm going to be pretty bummed if this gets canned. USH needs a themed family coaster and this would be perfect.
The above post was mentioned on a forum about the soundstages at USF and whether they should go for park expansion. @Nick says while USF Production operates the soundstages, Comcast owns all of them in the end. And if they need expansion space at USF the soundstages will get taken out. As for USH, It is speculated that the soundstages to the left of Mummy will go at some point with their roofs not being redone as a hint. At least they could create a new (Likely non Nintendo) land there to add capacity to USH.

The above post was mentioned on a forum about the soundstages at USF and whether they should go for park expansion. @Nick says while USF Production operates the soundstages, Comcast owns all of them in the end. And if they need expansion space at USF the soundstages will get taken out. As for USH, It is speculated that the soundstages to the left of Mummy will go at some point with their roofs not being redone as a hint. At least they could create a new (Likely non Nintendo) land there to add capacity to USH.
Yes they are all under the Comcast umbrella. But each division, in this case parks and productions, has their own needs, plans, and interests. It's never as simple as "just bulldoze soundstages lawlll"
Especially when the studios side is making an incredible amount of money from productions right now.

Reactions: Freak
Yes they are all under the Comcast umbrella. But each division, in this case parks and productions, has their own needs, plans, and interests. It's never as simple as "just bulldoze soundstages lawlll"
Especially when the studios side is making an incredible amount of money from productions right now.
In the past I mentioned the rumor of NBCU eyeing a purchase of WBD. I am bringing this up as a benefit of this if this rumor turns out to be true, is that USH could relocate a bulk of studio production to the WBD lot and then level the soundstages for theme park expansion.