Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Donkey Kong Country rumored for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In the past I mentioned the rumor of NBCU eyeing a purchase of WBD. I am bringing this up as a benefit of this if this rumor turns out to be true, is that USH could relocate a bulk of studio production to the WBD lot and then level the soundstages for theme park expansion.
if this acquisition was to ever happen (which i dont think it will), then this doesn't make sense either. NBCU would get WBD's backlot but also an equal amount of content needing to be produced. the supply/demand curves both shift up and cancel out.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1
In the past I mentioned the rumor of NBCU eyeing a purchase of WBD. I am bringing this up as a benefit of this if this rumor turns out to be true, is that USH could relocate a bulk of studio production to the WBD lot and then level the soundstages for theme park expansion.

Yes they are all under the Comcast umbrella. But each division, in this case parks and productions, has their own needs, plans, and interests. It's never as simple as "just bulldoze soundstages lawlll"
Especially when the studios side is making an incredible amount of money from productions right now.
To clear up what I said, it's not a simple "the sound stages can be demolished because Comcast owns everything". It's complicated. And yes, the studios are making a lot of money but the parks are making record profits so it's about making everything work out between both divisions. I'm sure Comcast wants to make that area theme park space, but in order to do it, they need to replace the space they are demolishing for the Studio. That's how both sides can get what they want.

In Orlando it's a bit different and the Parks would have more pull if all expansion space was used up at USF and they wanted to go further and use some of the Sound stage space since those stages are FAR less active. USF doesn't need more production stages and in fact less they could do the same amount of production that they currently do out of less stages. The same can't be said for Hollywood.

Both lots are used heavily (other studios/entities also use both these lots too) and I really hope Comcast does not acquire WBD, it's definitely not worth it especially for a theme park.

Well I'm going to be pretty bummed if this gets canned. USH needs a themed family coaster and this would be perfect.
The Flight of the Hippogriff slander continues. SMH.

USH has never really been an expansion-oriented park. It’s mostly a re-skin park/knockdown-rebuild park. Expanding SNW will be difficult for the reasons it was/is difficult to expand Wizarding World, which, if we’re being honest with ourselves, would have happened by now if it was gonna happen. I’m sorta anticipating the same thing happening with SNW.

The Flight of the Hippogriff slander continues. SMH.

USH has never really been an expansion-oriented park. It’s mostly a re-skin park/knockdown-rebuild park. Expanding SNW will be difficult for the reasons it was/is difficult to expand Wizarding World, which, if we’re being honest with ourselves, would have happened by now if it was gonna happen. I’m sorta anticipating the same thing happening with SNW.
Aren't there soundstages being constructed near Barham or somewhere else on property? And if so couldn't that enable at least the soundstages next to Mummy to be leveled for a new land?

I had heard that this was part of a 1-2 phase expansion for the longest. After the pandemic this was still true, its rumored location too. Technical rehearsals came and I had heard the rumor this was canned. I didn't want to believe, and was very, very rejective of it. I was then presented harder evidence, and yeah, I think it was just rejected by the studios and USH had decided to move with other plans. It isn't going in Mummy either, there are plans for that area, just not now. I dont know what the next Nintendo expansion will be, if it comes (aside from being told what WONT come).

So I'm just going to say it.

I don't think it's coming anymore (as DKC).

Last edited:
I had heard that this was part of a 1-2 phase expansion for the longest. After the pandemic this was still true, its rumored location too. Technical rehearsals came and I had heard the rumor this was canned. I didn't want to believe, and was very, very rejective of it. I was then presented harder evidence, and yeah, I think it was just rejected by the studios and USH had decided to move with other plans. It isn't going in Mummy either, there are plans for that area, just not now. I dont know what the next Nintendo expansion will be, if it comes.

I don't think it's coming anymore.
Well this sucks. But at the same time, Singapore is just getting SNW proper no DK either. Other questions: aside from conflicts with productions inside the soundstages, where there any other factors that led to DK at USH getting the ax? And you also mention the area Mummy is getting addressed some point down the line. Does that entail a single new attraction going in Mummy or Mummy getting demoed alongside those soundstages and being turned into a new land?

I had heard that this was part of a 1-2 phase expansion for the longest. After the pandemic this was still true, its rumored location too. Technical rehearsals came and I had heard the rumor this was canned. I didn't want to believe, and was very, very rejective of it. I was then presented harder evidence, and yeah, I think it was just rejected by the studios and USH had decided to move with other plans. It isn't going in Mummy either, there are plans for that area, just not now. I dont know what the next Nintendo expansion will be, if it comes (aside from being told what WONT come).

I don't think it's coming anymore (as DKC).
Well that SUCKS.

I hope and pray that F&F isn’t in danger either as that would explain the sound testing going on.

Wasn’t there a rumor that the USH version was contractually obligated to add DK? If the studio throws a fit about it, could Nintendo theoretically come in and tell the studio “Yo we have a contract”?

Well that SUCKS.

I hope and pray that F&F isn’t in danger either as that would explain the sound testing going on.

Wasn’t there a rumor that the USH version was contractually obligated to add DK? If the studio throws a fit about it, could Nintendo theoretically come in and tell the studio “Yo we have a contract”?
I would hedge a bet that at the very least Fast and Furious is safe. There was the aforementioned scream testing and wells went up around AA and SES. But if these rumors are true and if DK is truly dead for USH, I wonder how the plans for the road to 2028 are effected? Do they work something out so those soundstages get demoed or they do smaller piece meal things like a new DWT film up until 2028 when they can replace Springfield/Simpsons?

UOR TMs union is the WDW Union. Without the WDW Union forcing Disney into raising their wages, there's no chance that Universal would be raising their wages. Wages will have to go up again at UOR next year from $17 per hour to $18 as that's where WDW will be come December.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
UOR TMs union is the WDW Union. Without the WDW Union forcing Disney into raising their wages, there's no chance that Universal would be raising their wages. Wages will have to go up again at UOR next year from $17 per hour to $18 as that's where WDW will be come December.
I though universal Orlando isn’t unionized?

I though universal Orlando isn’t unionized?
They aren't. But Disney has a Union that is pushing wages up is my point. If Disney's minimum wage increases, Universal pretty much HAS to match that new minimum to stay competitive in the hiring process.

Think of it this way: If someone is looking for a job and Disney is at $17/hour and will be at $18/hour later this year, then why would they even consider Universal if they had stayed at a $15 minimum instead of going up to $17 in June? Universal doesn't need a Union in Orlando because Disney's union does the heavy lifting for all theme park workers in Central Florida.

Last edited:
Reactions: OrlLover
Back to why this land may not be built

So Universal thinks it needs this many studios on the lot to keep making films? Even with the new ones built on the other side of the park they think losing 2-3 worth not worth the park growing?

I wonder if it lies more to capacity reasons alongside the studio level. DKC as it was in the location it was meant to be: could of been a waste of an expansion with something that would not help alleviate capacity for the park (and that it took away space for the studio on something that didn't meet expectations).

Reactions: chris.g
Back to why this land may not be built

So Universal thinks it needs this many studios on the lot to keep making films? Even with the new ones built on the other side of the park they think losing 2-3 worth not worth the park growing?
I know this may sound surprising, but other production companies film on the lot :eek: like alot of TV shows and they pay Universal alot of money to film there :eek: so yes, they do need these studios :eek: it is a balancing act as both divisions want to make money