Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

On the Pro of the Check In, as someone who trained a lot of people on Universal Hotels you can do an "Early Arrival" as early as 8am, the rooms aren't guaranteed until 4p, but I've gotten my room as early as 9am before, latest I ever got my room was 5pm at Hard Rock during Covid. Aventura is normally pretty good about the early accommodations. Like 10, 10:30am.

Be mindful of the resort amenities, you definitely can & will get away with using their pool, and the water taxi, but "On Paper" cross amenities is technically supposed to be for your hotel category and lower. I can tell you, that honestly, no one cares, and the guest who pool hop & use the water taxi actually bring additional revenue to Sapphire.

Skyline View starts at the 9th Floor. Kind of a bummer honestly. I've had some amazing Skyline's and some kind of mid ones. My favorite was actually a Deluxe Skyline King on the 12th floor. Perfect view of the Hogwart's Castle in the morning. Also had an awesome view on the 15th floor sweeping over I4 and Citywalk.
Yes, during booking I've checked the early arrival, and I've gotten rooms at Cabana, Sapphire and Portofino in the AM. But I don't go during high vacation season Holidays, so that time of year could be hit and miss.

On the Pro of the Check In, as someone who trained a lot of people on Universal Hotels you can do an "Early Arrival" as early as 8am, the rooms aren't guaranteed until 4p, but I've gotten my room as early as 9am before, latest I ever got my room was 5pm at Hard Rock during Covid. Aventura is normally pretty good about the early accommodations. Like 10, 10:30am.

Be mindful of the resort amenities, you definitely can & will get away with using their pool, and the water taxi, but "On Paper" cross amenities is technically supposed to be for your hotel category and lower. I can tell you, that honestly, no one cares, and the guest who pool hop & use the water taxi actually bring additional revenue to Sapphire.

Skyline View starts at the 9th Floor. Kind of a bummer honestly. I've had some amazing Skyline's and some kind of mid ones. My favorite was actually a Deluxe Skyline King on the 12th floor. Perfect view of the Hogwart's Castle in the morning. Also had an awesome view on the 15th floor sweeping over I4 and Citywalk.
Yes, during booking I've checked the early arrival, and I've gotten rooms at Cabana, Sapphire and Portofino in the AM. But I don't go during high vacation season Holidays, so that time of year could be hit and miss.
They have never batted an eye when I showed up at 6:30 - 7 am a few times and confess to being stupid early. They give me a placeholder and text me when ready. I have had a couple that had a room available that early and gave it to me.

Hello! I looked but can’t find this answer but can anyone tell me how Bar 17 is set up with the bathrooms up there? Is it a single family bathroom or bigger than that? And where are they located up there?

Okay. Thanks. I have friends wanting to stay and they are wondering if they have to go all the way back to the room for a bathroom when up there.
They are surprisingly large as if they planned for future expansion, I think some buyouts put a lot of people up there. Or at least one is........

They are surprisingly large as if they planned for future expansion, I think some buyouts put a lot of people up there. Or at least one is........
They are surprisingly big. I ended up being taken up there for a surprise trip from my family for my birthday, and while I was there I went up to Bar 17 to look. I was really surprised how big they were. I was expecting two stall at the most and a urinal. Instead there was 4 stalls and 4 urinals.

(Btw my party is handicapped so bathrooms can be a headache for us)

Random question I haven't been able to find an answer to online-- has Aventura reopened its VR room or are they going to eventually turn that into anything else? I know it's a pretty small space, but curious if they will ever do anything with that room (unless it HAS reopened and I just didn't know).

Random question I haven't been able to find an answer to online-- has Aventura reopened its VR room or are they going to eventually turn that into anything else? I know it's a pretty small space, but curious if they will ever do anything with that room (unless it HAS reopened and I just didn't know).
I didn't even realize there was a VR room. When was it used and what was it used for?

I didn't even realize there was a VR room. When was it used and what was it used for?
I think it's been closed since covid, but they gave my husband and I a free pass for there in 2019 for our honeymoon. It's basically just a room with one VR headset and space to play some games. You'd pay however much and get like 30 minutes or something to pick from a library of games to play. It wasn't anything too wild, which is why I wonder if they're ever going to reopen it or just change it into something else. Though it's on a random floor (not the lobby or roof lol) and isn't a big space, so not sure what else they could even do.

First timer with an August trip coming up; 2 questions:

1) If I have a deluxe queen room, can I officially have 5 guests?

2) Unofficially, can I bring an air mattress and just use that for the 5th person? We are upgrading to premier passes when we get there so would I not need the 5th hotel pass/card for early entry? What about pool hopping?

Booking for a week but the 3 kids will only be with us for 3 nights so don't want to pay for kids suite

First timer with an August trip coming up; 2 questions:

1) If I have a deluxe queen room, can I officially have 5 guests?

2) Unofficially, can I bring an air mattress and just use that for the 5th person? We are upgrading to premier passes when we get there so would I not need the 5th hotel pass/card for early entry? What about pool hopping?

Booking for a week but the 3 kids will only be with us for 3 nights so don't want to pay for kids suite

To my knowledge, Aventura doesn't have cots or bedding for extra guests and they say the maximum occupancy for those rooms is 4 guests. Putting 5 people in the room would be against their policies and capacity limits, so you could be required to book a second room when you arrive or be required to upgrade to a room that fits 5.

Does anybody know if the units in Aventura still have Keurig coffee makers in them? I'm staying in a 2 Queen Deluxe.

I see some places online that say they do, then others say they don't.

Going to stay there for the first time next month and have a travel Keurig I could bring, but don't want to waste the suitcase space if it's not needed :)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Don't recall seeing one last stay ... rooms are pretty sparse per the techno theme.

Starbucks in lobby though always good service and also cheaper brew in food court.

Does anybody know if the units in Aventura still have Keurig coffee makers in them? I'm staying in a 2 Queen Deluxe.

I see some places online that say they do, then others say they don't.

Going to stay there for the first time next month and have a travel Keurig I could bring, but don't want to waste the suitcase space if it's not needed :)

Thanks in advance for any info.
No Keurigs. They have a single cup drip coffee maker with Cuisinart 100% Arabica coffee inserts (like a round tea bag).

Reactions: Neo