The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They should really have an announcement about soft openings, yes it means the rides won't be operational 100% of the time, but at least the area will be open. It would put so many peoples minds at rest who had booked hol before 18th June.

Mugglenet had said this (grand opening & FJ) was the first of three announcements. Wonder when the next two will be (since 12pm est was a no-go)?

They should really have an announcement about soft openings, yes it means the rides won't be operational 100% of the time, but at least the area will be open. It would put so many peoples minds at rest who had booked hol before 18th June.

Mugglenet had said this (grand opening & FJ) was the first of three announcements. Wonder when the next two will be (since 12pm est was a no-go)?

They NEVER announce soft opening. No one does. That is what makes them soft openings. That said I am not buying the package exclusive line fron the reservationists.

Who here thinks that given the snow/floor tests that the great hall with snowing is still a possibility and just not shown to the media outlets? I think they want to keep some secrets/surprises.

And did anyone notice that NOTHING was said about Dragon Challenge except in the Jax video which said NOTHING we didn't know.

Last edited:
They NEVER announce soft opening. No one does. That is what makes them soft openings. That said I am not buying the package exclusive line fron the reservationists.

Who here thinks that given the snow/floor tests that the great hall with snowing is still a possibility and just not shown to the media outlets? I think they want to keep some secrets/surprises.

And did anyone notice that NOTHING was said about Dragon Challenge except in the Jax video which said NOTHING we didn't know.

I feel sorry then for the people who booked everything up for start of June believing, from that May 28th date and from universal reps, that it would be open :( poor guys, just have to hope the soft opening will be in several weeks time so that they have some kind of assurance it's not package-only.

I agree. Softs will not and should not be announced. Most people don't understand the concept of them and they would make a fuss if something wasn't open.

I am not sure about the Great Hall. I would LOVE it, but we know the snow is in the DADA class and everyone who went described the queue's progression and they all described the same thing. There is a possibility they could have been told to leave it out, or maybe some rooms were closed off to these ealry guests... who knows? In my opinion, the more there is, the better :D so I hope they left out a lot and there's many surprises in store... but I have a feeling there really isn't much more :-S

I missed the snow in the DADA classroom, where did you see that. (I admit, I haven't read ALL the articles posted. I had to work at 2PM today and ended up working a 12 hour shift).

Is there gonna be any sort of crowd control in the HP area, looking at the pics I think its gonna be a tight squeeze there

June 18th, 4 days before my birthday. You guys think it would be too much to ask for James and Oliver Phelps for my birthday? ;)

Where do you go to look up info about renting places for events? I'm thinking of renewing my vows in 6 years. Might want to start saving for it now. ;) Might cost more then my original wedding but having a private party in the Wizarding World would be worth it!

I've been going to Disney/UO for most of my life... Disney since 83, UO since 1990.

In all those yrs I have never ever see them announce a soft opening for a brand new ride. Just chill guys and gals, let them finish the ride, they dont need to make the same mistakes as they did with "Rock it". Also when TM's have there sneak peek don't expect it to open to us a day later, like they did with Rock it. I except TM's to get at least a 3 day experience at FJ.

Now that I say that, I dont know when soft openings wil be... somebody will go to the park and see them letting people.. then twitter will go nuts, follow by this site... Thank god I only live 5mins away, if Im off I'll head on over in a heartbeat.

Yeah, we can guarantee that as soon as soft opening start, everyone on here will know within about 5 mins :pound:

I'm getting a little worried about how crowd levels will be on Mon 21st june, which is our first day due at IOA.

^^ I'd expect the park to be insanely overcrowded. Summer break + HP hordes. That's the kind of time you can expect WWoHP to take all day to explore. Sorry. :(

I missed the snow in the DADA classroom, where did you see that. (I admit, I haven't read ALL the articles posted. I had to work at 2PM today and ended up working a 12 hour shift).

I remember reading that too, but can't find the proper article. The situation was that Ron and Hermione were arguing about something while Harry talks to us and Ron accidently made it snow in the preshow DADA classroom. If memory serves...

Let me just clear something up about something. The American Scenic concept is just a concept, it is in no way what will happen in the ride. We know this as fact from a while back. That's not to say certain scenes from it won't be used, but there is a real story that will happen. We know the story happens around the middle of the HP timeline somewhere, after the chamber of secrets, so what's going "to go horribly wrong" to get us to travel back to the chamber of secrets? We really only have confirmation of the chamber of secrets because we have pictures of the snake heads on site.

The more I hear about this ride, the longer it seems. We have this whole main story, somehow we encounter all kinds of creatures, travel back in time, and resolve a side story with Hagrid's dragon. Awesome.

About the video they showed us, I think it's final. The only reason it looks like a video game to me is because it's incredibly sped up. We look like we're moving 500 mph, literally, there's no time to marvel at what's happening because its way too fast. It's like a Sega arcade game. Slowed down to real time, i think it would look gorgeous.

Yeah, to be honest I think we'll get there over 30 mins before opening, run over to HP to do what we can before the heavy crowds get there, then avoid the area like the plague until the evening when the crowds disperse :(

Yeah, we can guarantee that as soon as soft opening start, everyone on here will know within about 5 mins :pound:

I'm getting a little worried about how crowd levels will be on Mon 21st june, which is our first day due at IOA.

Worried? I suspect that on Monday, June 21 the park will fill to capacity, as it will for a few months post June 18. I suspect by noon, The Wizard World will be extremely crowded.

Actually, is it possible that throughout the summer they will restrict access to The Wizard World by each of it's gates? Perhaps, they will run queues both in the Lost Continent and Jurassic Park as a means of keeping the area safe. Hmmm. Something to think about.

Worried? I suspect that on Monday, June 21 the park will fill to capacity, as it will for a few months post June 18. I suspect by noon, The Wizard World will be extremely crowded.

Actually, is it possible that throughout the summer they will restrict access to The Wizard World by each of it's gates? Perhaps, they will run queues both in the Lost Continent and Jurassic Park as a means of keeping the area safe. Hmmm. Something to think about.

Out of curiousity, what is the park's capacity? And what sort of wait times are expected at park capacity?