Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 32 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the history of those facades (for example Scary Tales) I am more then happy with that. We need more grander and interesting facades that have the wow factor

While I'm definitely down for a grand facade that gives one heck of an impression, one mustn't forget there can be a big Catch-22 to that. And the last Scary Tales was a great example. Great facade, short as heck house. The same can be said for Dead Waters which had an all timer of a facade, but an even shorter house which the facade couldn't make up for.

It's a give and take, especially if it's in a shared soundstage. But I think they've been able to pull off some great facades recently without sacrificing the length of the house. (Legends Collide, Dead Man's Pier, Chupacabra, Haunting of Hill House, Revenge of the Tooth Fairy etc.)

Last edited:
So there's a rumor going around regarding the rumored Dragons house being themed to Dueling Dragons and featuring 2 paths themed to fire and ice... has anyone heard anything about this? Does it sound like a nightmare to anyone else? I feel like it'll end up making a shorter house, putting it all in one would be better

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
So there's a rumor going around regarding the rumored Dragons house being themed to Dueling Dragons and featuring 2 paths themed to fire and ice... has anyone heard anything about this? Does it sound like a nightmare to anyone else? I feel like it'll end up making a shorter house, putting it all in one would be better
Sounds like an operational nightmare to me, and will probably be down to one path after the first two weeks.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Yeah that’s seems like someone making things up. 0 chance anything like that would happen.

Reactions: GA-MBIT

I think some rumors are being mixed up. I don’t believe any house will be split into two houses.

The only "dueling" house I would want is if a massive IP like Stranger Things comes and they need the additional capacity.

Everyone wants to do the "spotlight IP" house, so creating dueling versions of the same house should help reduce the ridiculous waits we saw for ST a few years back and lets everyone leave the event satisfied.

I’d argue branching path houses have their day in court (can think of ways that it can work) but that’s just a minor thought when looking at Knotts in the scale comparison.

That would be an absolute logistical nightmare.

I used to work at a very popular haunted attraction near me, and one of their houses has a split path design. They have to close off one of the paths on busy nights.

Reactions: londonwerecat
I’d argue branching path houses have their day in court (can think of ways that it can work) but that’s just a minor thought when looking at Knotts in the scale comparison.
and even knott's has struggled to make outside-the-box mazes like this function on a nightly basis. does anyone remember mirror mirror? that was ... a disaster.

That would be an absolute logistical nightmare.

I used to work at a very popular haunted attraction near me, and one of their houses has a split path design. They have to close off one of the paths on busy nights.
I was thinking a little more about how this would potentially work without everyone just following the people in front of them.

Do you think that placing a scareactor at the split and trying to "force" people down one or the other would be a potential solution?

I was thinking a little more about how this would potentially work without everyone just following the people in front of them.

Do you think that placing a scareactor at the split and trying to "force" people down one or the other would be a potential solution?

The only solution I see is that you do a split in the queue with the operations team. An actor would cause confusion as some guests may think it's part of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.