The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well, I don't want Zelda at IoA. So now we're at a rhetorical impasse.

Here's a genuine question for folks that are gung-ho for Zelda: what is the one image from the recent games (not concept art, in-game) that you are most excited to see at Universal?

Going a bit into it, Breath of The WIld and Tears of The Kingdom (more so BoTW due to the Guardians) feel like the hallmark titles that could and probably should be identified for the sake of the IP. It keeps the high fantasy nature of Lost Continent in full effect, and can have the simple "Good vs. Evil" storyline that had been conveyed with Sinbad and Poseidon's in a way that still maintains a mythical air to it.

I also think in regards to Wild and Tears, that you have an easy and automatic means of applying interactives into the concept: with Sheikah (and in Tears, Zonai) technology. You can easily explain what we do throughout the land can be as a result of the inventions made before the calamity of Hyrurle, and that the "Relics" give people the ability to enhance the world in a way that best suits the land's needs.

The shrines feel like an insanely easy way to incorporate mini "Bowser Jr." like dungeons that could feel very natural within the land, and using that of whatever they'd do to justify the Sheikah technology for the sake of lore. There are also other things that could be present, like a Guardian puzzle challenge similar to the Piranha Plant Panic Nap at USH and USJ.

I don't think Seuss Landing has much to gain if it expanded into Lost Continent. I recall hearing that it still has an expansion plot that could fit an additional dark ride. That alongside a good refurbishment of Cat in The Hat's animatronics would do a lot for the land's longevity.

I don't think Seuss Landing has much to gain if it expanded into Lost Continent. I recall hearing that it still has an expansion plot that could fit an additional dark ride. That alongside a good refurbishment of Cat in The Hat's animatronics would do a lot for the land's longevity.
If it wasn't for Hagrids, I'd argue in favor of Whoville/Grinch's Lair having a shot to come back. Otherwise, yeah they have that other plot that could be better used.

If it wasn't for Hagrids, I'd argue in favor of Whoville/Grinch's Lair having a shot to come back. Otherwise, yeah they have that other plot that could be better used.
Grinch would make an excellent dark ride/coaster hybrid. I think something on the level of Donkey Kong would fit the property well. Dark ride scenes as you climb the mountain, then mildly thrilling sled ride down for the finale.

Wasn’t it rumored there would be an expansion spot for it that didn’t involve replacing Lost Continent?

Grinch would make an excellent dark ride/coaster hybrid. I think something on the level of Donkey Kong would fit the property well. Dark ride scenes as you climb the mountain, then mildly thrilling sled ride down for the finale.

Wasn’t it rumored there would be an expansion spot for it that didn’t involve replacing Lost Continent?

Holiday Island! A Genuinely unhinged thing that @Alicia has shared lights with!

Holiday Island! A Genuinely unhinged thing that @Alicia has shared lights with!

Man, I'd take a Zelda land with the amazing boat concept and a LIGHTLY rethemed Mythos and call it a win.

I've always thought a Wonka flume ride in the FF spot made a lot of sense. Not sure about giving it a full island, but the IP certainly lends itself to theme park rides and WB seems intent on making it viable.

Well, I don't want Zelda at IoA. So now we're at a rhetorical impasse.

Here's a genuine question for folks that are gung-ho for Zelda: what is the one image from the recent games (not concept art, in-game) that you are most excited to see at Universal?
An audio animatronic Lynel in whatever E Ticket they build.
botw-red-lynel-breath-of-the-wild.jpg