Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 21: Your Luck Has Run Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Where is SS 33 located?

To the left of the big New York pubic library facade when you look at it strait on.

However if you mean just more of what they have done in the past with trucks, tanks and prop statements laying around to give the idea than Yes, who wouldn't be for that?

Thats what I ment, like a scarezone without actors.

Last edited:
I booked my holiday earlier this week finally for the first time ill be going to HHN xD i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between videos and themed props in the waiting area before the facades they sort of have themed queues at times. I know I know, not throughout all the winding rope and switchbacks but really. If they extend the premise and make themed hallway queues not only would that be incredibly costly from an experience standpoint it would just be a haunted house without actors, and from an artistic standpoint it would take away from the impact of entering that themed haunt.

However if you mean just more of what they have done in the past with trucks, tanks and prop statements laying around to give the idea than Yes, who wouldn't be for that?

Anything they can do to make the lines more interesting is welcomed.

I hope we get more queue videos this year since last year there was only 1 the rest were just the clips. I really hope the new text messaging games aren't substitutes for queue videos.

From Screamscape:

(2/21/11) There is an interesting rumor found here, claiming that Universal could be eyeballing the old original Hard Rock Café building behind the Woody Woodpecker Nuthouse Coaster as a site for a new haunt for HHN 2011. They even go so far as to suggest that it could be transformed a year-round haunt of some kind, possibly similar in concept to the one they have at the Hollywood park.

However there are some possible errors to this blog report. It claims that the building was borded up and abandoned for a number of years, and also mentions it being used for storage. Years ago, I quizzed a number of Universal employees about this very building myself between 2000-2005 and was always told that it had been put to use for both storage and office space. I don’t think I ever found out which department had claimed it for office-space, but this kind of goes against the idea of using it as a haunt if true.

That’s one of the interesting facts about many theme parks… in general no good available space is wasted. Eventually almost any good indoor dry place will be claimed and put to use as an office, storage space or even just as a broom closet, so I find it hard to believe the old Hard Rock was ever left empty for any period of time. That’s prime real estate for any department. The latest word from one source is that the items being stored inside the building may have been moved out to an outside warehouse a few weeks ago, freeing up the building for a possible new role in the future. Any insiders have some input on this story?

I think that would be an interesting location for a house, but you'd have to walk through the Curious George area to reach it. That would definitely be spreading the event out more which should generally help with lines. I still think the next best venue for a house is the MSW empty building right in the middle of the park.

Anything to make it bigger, I guess.

Remember, bigger isn't better. Look at Knotts Scary Farm, they have something close to 15 houses and they tend to lack since there are so many and are spread out thin.

I think the MAX HHN could handle would be 10 houses, but I do believe 8 houses for now is plenty enough because of the rest of the distractions in the park as well.

Remember, bigger isn't better. Look at Knotts Scary Farm, they have something close to 15 houses and they tend to lack since there are so many and are spread out thin.

I think the MAX HHN could handle would be 10 houses, but I do believe 8 houses for now is plenty enough because of the rest of the distractions in the park as well.

No, I think Universal hit the max at 8. Remember it takes all summer for Universal to build all the houses. If anymore, Universal would be starting to build houses around next month an in Apirl or June.

I don't want it any bigger by any means, but I am sure Uni wants it to so most people would have go more than one night to see it all.

hmm.... would it be possible for the old hard rock building be used for an HHN version of HOS's "alone" house concept... granted another location for that concept would have been the former Herc / Zena building... assuming it was safe for HHN use...

I don't see why they have to find new locations when the majority of the soundstages are almost never in use.

well the soundstage next to mummy is used for special events... then there is the FLA lottery in one of nicks (they shot family feud in there too) with blue man group in the other... DAVE school has one of them... wrestling has another... how many really are available at any given time really?