Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

I think Universal will refurb the Hulk:

• Total voters
The ride is remaining open, as the repainting is being done while the park is closed.

Wow, I wonder if the paint will have enough time to dry in the cooler overnight hours.

I also hope they are sandblasting the track as well instead of just painting over the affected areas.

You can't paint over a bald spot and call it a day. I hope they are taking the proper cleaning precautions FIRST before painting.

Wow, I wonder if the paint will have enough time to dry in the cooler overnight hours.

I also hope they are sandblasting the track as well instead of just painting over the affected areas.

You can't paint over a bald spot and call it a day. I hope they are taking the proper cleaning precautions FIRST before painting.
It looks like the company took down their blog post but here are the details that I recall. The painting (as stated) is taking place overnight to prevent a closure of the ride. The repaint will take place until mid-April. As seen in the pictures on the previous page, they are doing some kind of washing as well.

It looks like the company took down their blog post but here are the details that I recall. The painting (as stated) is taking place overnight to prevent a closure of the ride. The repaint will take place until mid-April. As seen in the pictures on the previous page, they are doing some kind of washing as well.

The washing - More than likely on the pathways, supports, and on all those air hoses (for Hulk splash).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! its finally happening! Ill be sure to take pics when i go to florida in 3 weeks!

From their website:

20110226-125553.jpg

20110226-125526.jpg

Theres gonna be some tired painters!

yeah they stated that they will be powerwashing the entire ride, as you can see from the pics above.

Great news!! Looking forward to seeing it in the next year or more!!

Aside from the green, will they clean up / whatever they have to do to the metal bars the coaster rolls on? As I assume thats what can affect the smoothness.

Yeah they will probably clean the rails too but that doesn't affect the smoothness. What does is the wheels on the train.

Yea UO probably made them take it down for some reason.

But my hope isn't that they are JUST power washing it, I hope they are sandblasting, then priming, and then painting. If they are going to do it, they gotta do it.

But painting until mid-April lets me know that they will be VERY meticulous with this, which is AWESOME!

They are indeed already painting. Go check the update 1 page back to see how far it progressed overnight.

well then why do they need until mid-April to paint it then? Is there some other coat they might apply once they finish with the initial green?

Im sorry. Im very clueless when it comes to painting.:lol:

well then why do they need until mid-April to paint it then? Is there some other coat they might apply once they finish with the initial green?

They have to sandblast the rust, pressure wash the concret, scrap off the old paint (if the sandblast didn't work), then prime, & last put on the coat of paint. Do that to about over 2000 ft of track plus the tunnel. It will take awhile since they have about 5 or so more hours at night to work.

The Screamscape report stated that the launch tube and queue were also getting a repaint. Plus, since it's all taken place after-hours, it also adds on to the length.

They have to sandblast the rust, pressure wash the concret, scrap off the old paint (if the sandblast didn't work), then prime, & last put on the coat of paint. Do that to about over 2000 ft of track plus the tunnel. It will take awhile since they have about 5 or so more hours at night to work.

Dont forget the supports being painted.

Thanks for the notise T-bad.

I really disappointed to know they are doing the rehab at night... That means they won't be able to give the trains a real rehab, which is the more important ingredient in making the ride ridable again...
After all, look at Kumba. It's rehab last year improved the ride greatly, and made it much smoother and exciting. By being closed during the day...

3700 Ft of track to be exact and its being painted entirely by hand and rollers.

Not that I'm complaining about them doing this but why has it taken them so long to get going if they aren't even closing the ride? We all figured that they were waiting for crowds to die down before starting but that clearly isn't the case now.

Potter and Dudley set off priorities. Not saying for sure and not saying that makes it a ok to not jump on upkeep but that would be my guess.