Disney Springs Discussion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From my friend. Pretty sure his name here is mickelmouse or something like that.

More rumblings regarding the future of Pleasure Island from a poster at the Save Pleasure Island Blog (http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blo...549327444246):

*Mannequins sign is being refurbed.
*Adventurers Club outdoor props are being refurbed and will be returned to the club
*Adventurers Club is now a "hardhat area"

Recap of recent rumors/news:

*Permits filed for the clubs, no demolition cited.
*Buena Vista Construction is involved, they don't demo, they build.
*Rumors that TDO was willing to reopen the clubs since 3rd parties arent coming.
*Rumors that clubs were coming back similar to what they were but operated by 3rd parties. If refurb rumors are true, this didn't work out.
*Disney wasn't allowing Congaloosh to have an Adventurers Club show this year.
*Disney no longer refers to PI as Hyperion Wharf.
*Just last week Staggs said news about PI would be forthcoming.

My fuel to fire:

*Joe Rohde just completed Aulani and was recently spotted in WDW. Pure speculation on my part of his involvement.
*Things should become more clear soon as it seems work has started on these buildings. Just no telling what exactly is happening. If you're local, may be worth keeping an eye on.

We may be in for some exciting news, or we may be in for further heartbreak. Either way, after 3+ years, something is finally happening.

Kungaloosh!

^Wow. That sounds very promising. I could care less about the other clubs, but Adventurers Club? Please, dear Uncle Walt, let this be true.

From my friend. Pretty sure his name here is mickelmouse or something like that.

I was, but I got my name changed.

Here's where we stand now according to various sources of mine:

Very recently...as in the past 2 months or so when all of the management switching happened...someone from Burbank noticed that Pleasure Island was bad show and wanted something done about it. Allegedly, the Adventurers Club, Comedy Warehouse, and Mannequins are slated to reopen in some form. The timeline is, best case scenario: Halloween, and worst case scenario: New Years Eve. IMO, both dates are ambitious. If I had to guess Mannequins would reopen first (just needs lighting and sound re-installed. the revolving floor is still there), and the Adventurers Club would reopen last. It will need every last second of the next 4 months to be show ready again (these photos were taken November 2009: http://www.discussionkingdom.com/forums/showpost.php?p=51047&postcount=623 )

Sources have also heard that the former show director of the AC is in charge of something to do with what's happening. This suggests/confirms that Disney will at least run one of the reopened establishments. One would guess the AC. Previously, it had been thought that 3rd parties would be running the newly reopened clubs, but now, the case may be that Disney will run all 3.

To add fuel to the AC fire, someone from WDI Florida sent a pic of a box of masks with electronic components similar to those that used to occupy the Mask Room. It is unclear whether or not they are for the AC though.

Finally, it has been alleged that casting for Pleasure Island roles has begun internally. Still not clear on this one though, but if Halloween really is the target, it is nearly time for this to begin.

So the worst case scenario still has them opening this year? I'm surprised, I'd think it would take longer than that, and especially longer than Halloween!

Wow, I'm glad that they are actually going to be saving Mannequins, I've always said this was one of the better night clubs I've ever been to, and I live in Miami.

:happy:

you people have made my day! I know rumors are just rumors and I've been hearing some talk, but I just hope they keep Comedy Warehouse! I know a bunch of people are AC diehards, but I would find time to go every night if it came back. I wonder if they will add these back to the AP instead of the Golf crap.

oooh, a wharf district? thank God. Pleasure Island's dead district was really getting boring.

i wish they would take the Adventurer's Club and turn that into a restaurant. from wat my parents have told me, it sounded like a really cool place. if they keep it for the wharf, ill so go there.

Today, an AC cast member posted a picture of the Balderdash Cup, Bessie, and a few other props on FB. That CM says they are rehearsing for an "internal event." A former CW CM also claims to be rehearsing CW shows for said "internal event."

Not sure what this means or if it means anything at all. A few months ago, it was rumored that select clubs would reopen for NYE, but since then, TDO stripped the AC exterior of its identity.

I can't tell where the picture was taken, but I do see some encouraging things in the picture. If it's the PI sub-basement, that's exciting.

https://twitter.com/#!/ReelJustice/s.../photo/1/large

~wondering if the library is still intact...~

New Splitsville Concept Rendering

jbc4zjth8gUxp2.jpg

Also, TBO.com has a great article about the future bowling alley, but I found this tidbit about the proposed business model particularly interesting......

Splitsville officials spent three years working with Disney to refine the theme, menu, prices, format and operating hours so the location would work with other new restaurants and attractions under construction in the area.

The Disney location will have two floors with a total of 30 bowling lanes and about 750 seats, including the pods where people sit while bowling. Its kitchens will serve everything from chicken fingers and wings to pizza and sushi — anything sharable — plus breakfast for tourists, Revelle said. Like the original Splitsville, the Disney location will be something of a combination bowling alley-restaurant-bar-party venue.

To make the bowling more friendly to families visiting the Disney parks, Splitsville dropped its typical format of selling a set number of games. Instead, guests will pay hourly for bowling.

"At a busy bowling alley, you might not know a lane will be open for a couple hours after someone finishes their game — whenever that is," Revelle said. "At Disney, you'll know your lane will be available at an exact time."

That looks awesome but we have Splitsville here in Miami and it's pretty expensive for bowling and not really worth it.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts