Disney Springs Discussion | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Personally, I think the night clubs were a necessary evil. Yes you get drunk people walking around, but alcohol is usually marked up 500%, so it has a huge profit margin.

Now, WDW is basically conceding that whole market to Universal and City Walk since that is where the club goers are going to now.

As you like to say "fixxed it for you. :thumbs:"

:lol:

Plans for a new entertainment center called Splitsville has been released.

http://www.orlandounited.com/2011/07/12/splitsville-coming-to-downtown-disney/

One thing I noticed, no mention of the name Hyperion Wharf.
This explains Universal's announcement of the Mini-Golf. Both resorts trying to keep people on property as much as possible.

The after 8 thing intrigues me. I don't think the Disney location would switch to 21up that early, but it would be nice if they did maybe around 10 (since it's a resort and what not).

Splitsville seems like a cool place. Even though I am only 17, I like 21 only after 8 policy because there really are no adult hangouts at Disney anymore and I know adults want to get away from kids at the end of the day, especially having to sit in front of the crying ones all day.

It can't be any more expensive than RideMakerz already is :lol:. And I'm glad it's moving. It never needed that much space. And I'm excited. Both for this new awesome building and whatever else we hear about soon.

Here's a link to the Disney Parks Blog about Splitsville and some other changes to DTD: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ecode=15580&CMP=SOC-WDWFY10Q3WDW_SocMedFB0078

I'm liking the changes and they inted that there's more to come. Now I'm fairly positive Hyperion's Wharf is dead, but DTD is definitely getting upgraded. And I don't think Disney would do 21 and over after 8. Maybe 9 or 10, but their too much of a family resort to do it as early as 8, but you never know.

I wonder why they never used one of the islands, to use for pleasure island. They could regulate the age and everything and could keep it totally away from the kids.

I always thought they should have turned Discovery Island into a high end spa. I would love having sea salt exfo/ Swedish massage in a beach side cabana out there.

Oh, cabana boi.....Another Mia Tia please.