Disney Springs Discussion | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney Springs Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here let's start a list...

Things wrong with DTD
1. Virgin Megastore
2. Pleasure Island
3. DisneyQuest
4. Cirque du Soleil
5. Valet Parking (extinct)
6. Flow from Market Place into PI
7. PI Bus Terminal
8. WestSide vacant Bus Terminal

anyone have some more?
Disney Bus Transportation. Takes forever and a day to get anywhere from anywhere on property to DTD.

I know that Cirque Du Soleil exces have been talking with disney imagineering, Many people think it is for a shanghai show, but i believe that the show disney and cirque and working on is for downtown disney and it will include WOC style fountains.
I also am informed of a proper theatre being built in place of the former virgin mega store

Cirque has been practicing in the old Amway Arena for several months. A performer was injured several months ago and we covered it. I would assume it is for a new DtD show since Cirque being headquartered in Quebec wouldn't be putting shows together in Orlando unless it is for an orlando based show.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if La Nouba is gone within a year.

But the rumor about having Broadway shows go into the old Virgin Megastore I believe would lift up DTD quite a bit, as well as some more UNIQUE restaurants. None of this having an outside operator come in and run it.

But I also like the marina and being able to rent the boats at DTD, I think thats another PLUS on the positive list in DTD.

I would add Art of Disney to the positives of DtD. Even if you can't afford anything, it's a great place to browse some great Disney collectibles. I spent almost a half an hour in there last week. And Fulton's and Raglan Road deserve credit. PI never should have happened, besides the Adventurer's Club. Bring that back, and erase everything else from existence.

^ Agreed. However, most of what you named off is from the Marketplace section, which has limited issues. Pleasure Island/West Side are severely lacking.

The show that was in the Amway is called ZARKANA and its wonderful! it opened at radio city music hall june 9th
LA Nouba has another good 5 years.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know which show was practicing in the Amway arena I just figured it was for Orlando.I guess it is difficult to find large practice space if they were practicing a show for NY in FL.

^ Agreed. However, most of what you named off is from the Marketplace section, which has limited issues. Pleasure Island/West Side are severely lacking.

Very true. PI really has no need to be there without the clubs. And the magic shop is the only thing that I would go to West Side for besides Disney Quest. Which is rarely at that.

I'll disagree with that. PI was a GREAT and THRIVING area that lived up to the Disney name until Disney began systematically destroying it.

But it didn't belong. Disney didn't need clubs to compete. It was great, I never said it wasn't, but it was bound to be taken out because of it's purpose.

But it didn't belong. Disney didn't need clubs to compete. It was great, I never said it wasn't, but it was bound to be taken out because of it's purpose.

They belonged just fine. Saying any different is fairly ignorant of the point of Walt Disney World. It was supposed to be the "Vacation Kingdom of the World". Clubs and bars most definitely fit into that mantra, and before Disney opened up the gates and started a plan to kill the area worked perfectly in sync with the desires of the guests.

They belonged just fine. Saying any different is fairly ignorant of the point of Walt Disney World. It was supposed to be the "Vacation Kingdom of the World". Clubs and bars most definitely fit into that mantra, and before Disney opened up the gates and started a plan to kill the area worked perfectly in sync with the desires of the guests.

I just meant in DtD. Not them being in the resort. I just think it was put in the wrong place. Somewhere where you didn't even need gates would have been better, IMO. Not between Two family friendly sections of DtD.

I just meant in DtD. Not them being in the resort. I just think it was put in the wrong place. Somewhere where you didn't even need gates would have been better, IMO. Not between Two family friendly sections of DtD.

Ahh...but see the West Side didn't exist before PI. The West Side came later, and was part of the contributing factors of Disney wanting PI dead.

Ahh...but see the West Side didn't exist before PI. The West Side came later, and was part of the contributing factors of Disney wanting PI dead.

Right. Which is why it's location doomed it, through no fault of it's own besides being in prime expansion space. I know it wouldn't be perfect, but I think you could get away with something like the Adventurer's Club being in the Boardwalk.

Personally, I think the night clubs were a necessary evil. Yes you get drunk people walking around, but alcohol is usually marked up 110%, so it has a huge profit margin.

Now, WDW is basically conceding that whole market to Universal and City Walk since that is where the club goers are going to now.