Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
t9clz9.jpg

Transformers sounds logical because of how successful the ride is, but why would Universal have two identical ride system in neighboring parks. I sorry, but I think everyone who thinks the replacement is Transformers is getting tricked. It makes more sense to replace Spiderman or even Terminator than to build another Transformers ride. I'm not saying the ride is bad, because I have never been on it, but I am saying that we have Spiderman already, and there is a reason why they upgraded the ride! I think Transformers will come to Florida, but I'm not buying 2013.

Transformers sounds logical because of how successful the ride is, but why would Universal have two identical ride system in neighboring parks. I sorry, but I think everyone who thinks the replacement is Transformers is getting tricked. It makes more sense to replace Spiderman or even Terminator than to build another Transformers ride. I'm not saying the ride is bad, because I have never been on it, but I am saying that we have Spiderman already, and there is a reason why they upgraded the ride! I think Transformers will come to Florida, but I'm not buying 2013.

Just like Disney has same ride systems across from each other. Omnimovers, no matter what the ride vehicle is themed to, are all the same ride systems. Different themes. No one complains about that though. And Disney had Star Tours and Body Wars open at the same time. Same exact ride systems, just different programming and theme. Plus, the Transformers ride system isn't exactly like Spiderman. They may be similar but aren't exactly the same. And who cares? I don't. If the ride is awesome, bring it on, same ride system as Spiderman or not.

With that, welcome to the boards!

In the General Publics eyes they only see it as a brand new "state of the art" ride themed to a very well known and successful movie series.As long as the ride is good,they do not care if Spiderman uses the same ride system,Uni knows that and they will definitely see a good return on this capital.

Transformers sounds logical because of how successful the ride is, but why would Universal have two identical ride system in neighboring parks.

Omnimovers in WDW: Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, Journey Into Imagination, Seas with Nemo and Friends, Little Mermaid

Boat rides in WDW: Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, Living with the Land, El Rio, Maelstrom

On top of that, Cat in the Hat and MIB have basically the same ride system.

Having similar ride systems in your parks isn't a big deal.

This whole same ride system argument is becoming like the Potter in two parks argument. Embrace it, because it's happening :lol:

It's one of the best ride system in the world. I'm okay with having more than one, personally!

This whole same ride system argument is becoming like the Potter in two parks argument. Embrace it, because it's happening :lol:

It's one of the best ride system in the world. I'm okay with having more than one, personally!

The argument never made any sense to me. Even people claiming Indiana Jones won't come to WDW because it is Countdown to Extinction, I mean Dinosaur are only fooling themselves. May be same ride system but they are two totally different rides. And the general public would never know they were the same layout.

Well the thing is with all this capital to spend it was an easy thing to use what money they needed to spend. Also it's still possible the ride system is tweaked.

Well the thing is with all this capital to spend it was an easy thing to use what money they needed to spend. Also it's still possible the ride system is tweaked.

True. The ride system can be tweaked. Always a possibility. The announcement should be pretty interesting.

It really sounds like it is going to be Transformers now, if the height balloon and everything else didn't give it away earlier. I find it really hard to believe that Spielberg misspoke when mentioning the Transformers ride last year.

The argument never made any sense to me. Even people claiming Indiana Jones won't come to WDW because it is Countdown to Extinction, I mean Dinosaur are only fooling themselves. May be same ride system but they are two totally different rides. And the general public would never know they were the same layout.

Nothing is coming to WDW unless someone else is paying for it, or it's a DVC villa. :lol:

It really sounds like it is going to be Transformers now, if the height balloon and everything else didn't give it away earlier. I find it really hard to believe that Spielberg misspoke when mentioning the Transformers ride last year.

Well wasn't wrong at the time. This was something that wasn't in planning for a long time. Universal needed to spend a lot of money very quickly. Who knows when/if this would have happened otherwise.

Just like Disney has same ride systems across from each other. Omnimovers, no matter what the ride vehicle is themed to, are all the same ride systems. Different themes. No one complains about that though. And Disney had Star Tours and Body Wars open at the same time. Same exact ride systems, just different programming and theme. Plus, the Transformers ride system isn't exactly like Spiderman. They may be similar but aren't exactly the same. And who cares? I don't. If the ride is awesome, bring it on, same ride system as Spiderman or not.

With that, welcome to the boards!

Thanks! I am well aware with Disney, because this Transformers/Spiderman thing was a topic of discussion in the July 4th episode of the 100% Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast. I don't know if you know what it is, but after listening to it, I think replacing Terminator with a Transformers 3D show would be better. I only say this, because I don't want this to be the beginning of the end for Marvel at Universal. I feel that bringing in Transformers is a disservice to Spiderman, and it would get Disney a step closer to getting Marvel. I could be wrong, but that's my thought about it.