Streetmosphere | Inside Universal Forums

Streetmosphere

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 11, 2012
Anyone care to share the current roster of street characters that are roaming the Studios?

Is Lucy and Ricky gone, or still around? How about Laurel and Hardy?

Doc Brown
Men in Black (occasionally with Frank the pug from Animal Actors)
Betty Boop
Marilyn Monroe
Lucy Ricardo
Princess Fiona (with Shrek)
Shaggy (with Scooby-Doo)
Sometimes Popeye and/or Olive Oyl

I saw Ricky alongside of Lucy not too long ago. Usually during peak season they also have the Ricky Ricardo Orchestra and do a small show in front of Lucy : A Tribute.

The other day I saw:

Shrek
Fiona
Betty Boop
Lucy
Marilyn Monroe
Doc Brown
MIB agents
Scooby Doo
Shaggy
Bart
Homer
and Woody Woodpecker

Pretty good lineup for slow season!

IMG_2869_zps395c4478.jpg

IMG_2858_zpsf0362e24.jpg

IMG_2823_zpsb6448a8e.jpg

IMG_2824_zps40ba1e4d.jpg

IMG_2825_zpsdbfe66c7.jpg

IMG_2826_zps4db178a8.jpg

IMG_2828_zpsab9dc837.jpg

Captainjack, I agree. That's really I guess why I started the thread. The last 3 times I have been to Studios (over 7 months) I have not seen her or Ricky.

Good to see that.

Great photos Felipe.
Anyone got any of Lucy? I Never seen her.

A few months ago, September I believe, I went to UOR with an out-of-town friend, and I got some pics of her with Lucy and also with a different Marilyn. I'll see if I can find them when I get home and I'll post them. When I went yesterday, Lucy was off and also Marilyn came out by herself, whereas in the past I've seen her with a silver car and another actor playing her bodyguard.

Lucy and Ricky are two of the most difficult for the studios to replace as they must be approved by the children, and the children are very picky. They lost their long time Ricky sometime in the past year when he retired and moved far away. Sounds like they may have replaced him. The Marilyn character is considered one of most important by Universal. This is why she has never left... because if they stop using her, they will have to renegotiate the contract with her estate or possibly be denied a new contract at all.

PS: This info was provided to me some time ago by a Snowy Egret that flies around on this site every so often. So say thanks to the Egret.

Thanks to you both. That is interesting Teebin. It makes sense why they seemed to just fall of the map there for a while. That Ricky who I am pretty sure you are referencing seemed to be pretty good at his role.

Hope to see them both back, especially around Mel's. I have had a lot of fun with Doc over the years (bad reference, I know), he is either really hit or miss depending on which of the guys are playing him. There was a guy from the Makeup show that use to really do a great job with Doc.

I saw a youtube video a while back of when Doc would be near the BTTF queue. The guy didn't look too much like Doc, but had the voice and cadence down cold. He saw the video camera and immediately started talking to it, making it follow him through empty switchbacks, as he recited mock-presentation speak. I should search for it, really funny stuff.