Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 598 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You also have to remember those quotes are in print and out of context. Brits like to have a but of fun in their interviews. Daniel Craig, for instance, gets himself into trouble time to time. Does Radcliffe mean what he says? Likely, and I understand why, but he's being playing it up a bit, IMO.

Eta: I'm totally fine not having Harry in this ride.

Putting 2 & 2 together though, I wonder if we may all be turning into Harry...will the 3D glasses be the iconic Potter glasses? :look:

Last edited:
I want Dan Radcliffe to be in this expansion. That website also reported that Michael Scott would not be returning in The Office series finale and *SPOILER ALERT!!!!!* he was in it (briefly, but perfectly). I wouldn't be surprised if Dan Radcliffe will be there. However, if they've engineered the story to not need Harry's presence, I'm fine with that too.

I wonder if Dan will do voice work? He won't have to put on a cape :pop: Also maybe they filmed stuff years ago they can use? Or maybe just use his voice from the movies? Or maybe he is playing hard to get? Cha Ching! Money talks. I see options.

Hm... I just have to hijack this amazing threat for a second... I know this is somewhat OT but on the other hand, this is a HP threat, so not too much OT I hope...

I just wanted to ask about the last HP film. Right before Harry went out into the forrest to die. He droped the stone. Does anyone know WHY he droped it? I know it´s a weired q but I watched it 4 or 5 times now and I don´t know. AND, if he dropped it, why did it still work to "come back"? It´s a simple q for HP experts I suppose :)

Just realized that I didn´t hijack because I started this theat. Hope this excuse is good for being OT :))))

You guys are great. I love reading this but I don´t have enough insights to post here and be a real part of it... Just love it. Glad that so many of you know so much! Can´t wait for it to be ready and ride it!

Hm... I just have to hijack this amazing threat for a second... I know this is somewhat OT but on the other hand, this is a HP threat, so not too much OT I hope...

I just wanted to ask about the last HP film. Right before Harry went out into the forrest to die. He droped the stone. Does anyone know WHY he droped it? I know it´s a weired q but I watched it 4 or 5 times now and I don´t know. AND, if he dropped it, why did it still work to "come back"? It´s a simple q for HP experts I suppose :)

Just realized that I didn´t hijack because I started this theat. Hope this excuse is good for being OT :))))

You guys are great. I love reading this but I don´t have enough insights to post here and be a real part of it... Just love it. Glad that so many of you know so much! Can´t wait for it to be ready and ride it!

Sorry I don't know the answer but I am a little worried that you are threatening us in this thread. Was the whole 2012 world ending business a threat to Universal to build Phase 2?

Sorry couldn't stop myself.

Last edited:
Early on harry was "gung ho" to collect the Hallows.

But he ended up dropping the stone Because he didn't need it. Remember this is after he found out "the boy must die". So he planed to die as he thought he needed to do to kill VM. "It is the only way"

But because the wand VM was using was Harry's it didn't work correctly against Harry. Instead of dying they both fall temporarily unconscious. But the part of Voldemort’s soul that lived in Harry and turned Harry into the Horcrux did die.

Last edited:
I'm so dumb, this whole conversation I've been thinking to myself "Mr. Weasley works at the Ministry...." So since Forbiden Journey doesn't follow any specific story line that has to do with the books or movies and assuming because there are muggles involved with this story line as well that the same formula goes for this Gringotts attraction as well. I'm thinking Voldy and Belatrix are trying to get away with something and Bill and Ron are trying to stop them? Withought Harry, I'm just not sure how this is going to play out. I would hate to see Ron trying to be any kind of hero...

I love Daniel Radcliffe but this kind of pisses me off. He's pretty much acting like he's too big for the franchise now.

I honestly understand where Dan is coming from. It's not so much that he doesn't care about HP anymore or doesn't still appreciate it. But the first thing anyone thinks when they think of the guy is 'HARRY POTTER'. As an actor, that really limits you in your future choices. He's very lucky that he hasn't been limited by it so far, and I think he wants to steer clear of any future type casting. He's trying to disassociate himself with the series as an individual.
Even as a high school actor, kids tend to pick up on one role (usually the one they first saw you in) and just keep referring to you as that. I have been cast as the old-man character in almost every play/musical I've been in, because that's the role I first played and that's what they think I can do.
So I completely understand why Dan would want to get away from that. He wants to be taken seriously as himself, as an actor.

I'm hoping they make the story unique. I'm really hoping it isn't heavily relying on the film's Gringotts plot.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so dumb, this whole conversation I've been thinking to myself "Mr. Weasley works at the Ministry...." So since Forbiden Journey doesn't follow any specific story line that has to do with the books or movies and assuming because there are muggles involved with this story line as well that the same formula goes for this Gringotts attraction as well. I'm thinking Voldy and Belatrix are trying to get away with something and Bill and Ron are trying to stop them? Withought Harry, I'm just not sure how this is going to play out. I would hate to see Ron trying to be any kind of hero...

Arthur Weasley works at the Ministry. Bill Weasley, on the other hand, works for Gringotts. Typically he's working in Romania or Egypt with dragons, but he does have an office in Gringotts' main building. So it does make sense that he would be there, they didn't just completely change the story :thumbs:

maybe there will be an AA of Harry fighting an AA of Voldemort near the end of the ride thus no need for Dan to film anything. A few choice soundbites from the movies and there ya go. Epic battle, flashy lights, etc... seen from far away maybe. Just a thought.

maybe there will be an AA of Harry fighting an AA of Voldemort near the end of the ride thus no need for Dan to film anything. A few choice soundbites from the movies and there ya go. Epic battle, flashy lights, etc... seen from far away maybe. Just a thought.

Nice! Maybe the story will center around the Sword of Griffindor...

If you haven't read the books or movies I guess this is a SPOILER! As the story goes, possessing all three hallows makes you master of death. Harry went to the forest to die, sacrificing himself to destroy the horcrux within him. So, for this reason, he lets go of the hallows as he is prepared to face and welcome death. BTW, the stone doesn't bring you back from the dead, it brings the bearer (Harry) other people who are dead back to him, as spirits (like how his parents, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin were there right before he went to meet Voldemort). :thumbs:

I really recommend everyone to go read the books! They're great, and I dare say, much better than the movies! :cheers:

Back to Diagon Alley, this is from @OrlandoInformer:

#DiagonAlley construction has progressed to a point where it's difficult to distinguish the various buildings
BLcEdkfCIAA2EdU.jpg:large

Why do they need Daniel Radcliff to include Harry in the ride? Even if they did the entire ride to match the movie's break-in plot... Harry could enter the main hall under cover of the cloak along with Ron and Hermione (in Belatrix disguise - so no Emma Watson, either). Then we could see them head off for the car to the vaults, after which we board our own car. We might see the characters off in the distance (as CGI) getting past the dragon into the vault, and then emerging from the vault and freeing the dragon to take them bursting through the glass dome above (again all CGI). Though, I'm not sure how the story resolves itself for us the guests. Maybe we witness the arrival of Voldamort and the slaughter of the Goblins (probably not).

*ahem* Did you click the link? :p

Boo, Dan... Boo. :down:

PS: I just though... this doesn't necessarily mean he won't be there... There could be old rehashed footage used :shrug:

I agree with that. Theres plenty of ways to incorporate him in the story without new footage of the actor...Im sure the character of HP will still be everywhere. I was under the impression that they had already filmed something for the HE with the 3 main actors though? anyone else hear that? it was quite a while ago but maybe that ended up being for the London studio?
I think it would be simple enough to have the ride be from Harrys point of view as if you were him or have some kind of AA as part of the attraction. Im not worried.

I liked the "take polyjuice potion to become Harry and wear his (3D) glasses" idea that was speculated a while back. Wasn't Bill Weasley a part of the several Harrys thing from the last movie? I think with the absence of Dan and the incorporation of Weasley's office this could be at least possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.