Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

If it's going to DCA, it'll probably make it's way to WDW.

That being said, the Monsters Door Coaster is a pretty poor ride. People have been talking about it for so long that it's taken on a life of its own and been overrated to the point of legendary status. I'd rather see something else.

i really dont even know what it is..is it dark ride or more family coaster or both?

i really dont even know what it is..is it dark ride or more family coaster or both?

It's both, but the coaster portion is a Vekhoma flyer with a fairly boring track layout and those coasters are notoriously rough. It would be mostly coaster.

Things could have changed from when I saw the plans for it, but as far as I know it isn't a ride I'm hoping ends up a reality.

Can we please get some sort of Incredibles ride! I would love to see them build some sort of dark ride for them, perhaps utilize the trackless system they used on Pooh to make an awesome Incredibles ride.

It's both, but the coaster portion is a Vekhoma flyer with a fairly boring track layout and those coasters are notoriously rough. It would be mostly coaster.

Things could have changed from when I saw the plans for it, but as far as I know it isn't a ride I'm hoping ends up a reality.

sounds like its not really a game changer for DHS

- - - Updated - - -

Can we please get some sort of Incredibles ride! I would love to see them build some sort of dark ride for them, perhaps utilize the trackless system they used on Pooh to make an awesome Incredibles ride.

totally agree..what a great pixar film..and everybody like sup heros

Pixar expansion over carsland
I still want the monsters inc door coaster and they should bring the laugh factory from tomorrow land over there for a mini land.
Then an incredibles thrill ride like the ride for dca that was cancelled because of cars land.
A ratatouille restaurant
A wall e store.
Redo the play area to a bug's life
Nemo show from ak and larger crush coaster
A brave show
A cars ride using the Winnie the Pooh technology from Tokyo.
Give toy story a mini land with a c and e ticket and a pizza planet like the movie.

A lot but the park needs it.

Pixar expansion over carsland
I still want the monsters inc door coaster and they should bring the laugh factory from tomorrow land over there for a mini land.
Then an incredibles thrill ride like the ride for dca that was cancelled because of cars land.
A ratatouille restaurant
A wall e store.
Redo the play area to a bug's life
Nemo show from ak and larger crush coaster
A brave show
A cars ride using the Winnie the Pooh technology from Tokyo.
Give toy story a mini land with a c and e ticket and a pizza planet like the movie.

A lot but the park needs it.

That's more attractions then DHS opened with and has built in its 20 years of existence. Don't get me wrong I'm for it but how sad is that from a Hollywood Studios pov.

That's more attractions then DHS opened with and has built in its 20 years of existence. Don't get me wrong I'm for it but how sad is that from a Hollywood Studios pov.

Well, to be fair, DHS was never meant to be the theme park it is now, and would be significantly better if Eisner didn't decide to build DAK.

Well, to be fair, DHS was never meant to be the theme park it is now, and would be significantly better if Eisner didn't decide to build DAK.

So what is Animal Kingdoms excuse 15 years later?

Honor has a great track record and is saying a Star Wars land is very potentially coming to Disney world

The Imagineers in Glendale are in deep blue sky mode right now and several plans have been presented. As of a few weeks ago, my Bothans said a final design was yet to be chosen. Tom Staggs working closely on it, with an eye on a place his sons would love to go and ride/play. George Lucas is being kept in the loop and Kathleen Kennedy has full authority to nix any plans that don't meet up with her taste. Of course, Iger has final approval. But what you've always thought of has been pitched. From a Tattooine landscape to a Coruscant themed landscape have been presented. Imagine the characters? Perhaps a parade themed to land? The meet and greets would be awesome too.

Depending on how smoothly things go, D23 could be very interesting...

Http://www.blueskydisney.com/2013/04/blue-sky-buzz-long-time-ago-in-land-far.html?m=1

Last edited:
I for one can't wait for D23. No matter what they propose, SOMETHING needs to go into DHS soon. All I hope is that they fix the theme of the park itself. Tie it all together.

OK. Here is my idea for the new expansion to "PIXAR Place".

"Paris"- 2-E Tickets, 1-Table Service, 2- Counter Service, 2 IP based merchandise shops.

Synopsis:

A new adventure with Lightening, Mater and the rest of the gang on a secret mission through the streets of Paris utilizing the RSR ride system but instead of all that expensive rock work, use close in Paris buildings to line the course. Drop in a clone of Ratatouille and Gusteau's from WDS Paris. Throw in a Patisserie (French Bakery), and a Crepe Place. And, of course, a shop each for Cars and Ratatouille.

And, you know what would be better that a themed Butterbeer Cart? A themed French Wine Cart!

Last edited:
OK. Here is my idea for the new expansion to "PIXAR Place".

"Paris"- 2-E Tickets, 1-Table Service, 2- Counter Service, 2 IP based merchandise shops.

Synopsis:

A new adventure with Lightening, Mater and the rest of the gang on a secret mission through the streets of Paris utilizing the RSR ride system but instead of all that expensive rock work, use close in Paris buildings to line the course. Drop in a clone of Ratatouille and Gusteau's from WDS Paris. Throw in a Patisserie (French Bakery), and a Crepe Place. And, of course, a shop each for Cars and Ratatouille.

And, you know what would be better that a themed Butterbeer Cart? A themed French Wine Cart!

A themed "Wine" cart: Blackberry grape slushy with a sour apple foam! :p

^^ That's a really good idea for an expansion, any land with two E-tickets is something very worth visiting. The food would also most likely be very good and varied with three restaurants and a themed wine cart. This land would be as good, if not much better than Cars Land.

A nice idea, but too conflicting with Epcot's Paris pavilion. Two Paris themed lands in two neighboring parks? You're right about everything else though:

2 E-tickets added with Pixar Place expansion + 1 E-ticket with Star Wars land = Massive win ($$$) for Disney over the next 5 years.