Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Having actually been on RSR now.... I take everything I've ever said about not wanting a smaller Carsland back. What a bunch of crap that was. The ride blew me away. They could put it in a soundstage for all I care. Is the size and beauty breathtaking? Absolutely. But the ride stands on its own.

Sounds like someone has been drinking a little too much radiator fluid :lol:

Having actually been on RSR now.... I take everything I've ever said about not wanting a smaller Carsland back. What a bunch of crap that was. The ride blew me away. They could put it in a soundstage for all I care. Is the size and beauty breathtaking? Absolutely. But the ride stands on its own.

Is it better than the Forbidden Journey ? Or on the same level?

I seriously want to get out there again just so I can take a ride on that thing, as you can tell Disney really went all out on it. Proves you can form a fantastic ride out of a so-so property.

RSR is a great attraction...which is why it should stay in California :lol: Seriously, there's gotta be some diversity between the resorts. RSR proves that Disney can still go all-out, just let it be something different.

Also, IMO, RSR doesn't work without the rockwork and surrounding area...the dark ride portion is solid, but underwhelming compared to the outside.

Finally saw a POV ride video of RSR, and it looks like an extremely fun ride. I'd love to see it come to DHS. But as many have said, that outdoor rockwork and themeing is amazing; without that, it wouldn't be as "magical"(Disney's favorite word).

Is it better than the Forbidden Journey ? Or on the same level?

IMO better, I truly believe RSR is the best thing The mouse has built since TOT.
It can't go in a soundstage though!

- - - Updated - - -

Ride it at night too, I almost cried its that good/beautiful

Yeah, but the rumor was it was going to be a different ride anyway.

If I recall the rumors, it was said that Florida's version of RSR would simply be a dark ride with no outdoor portion, but instead with some new kind of indoor finale. Though I question how true that is, as something sounds a little fishy there.

RSR better than Forbidden Journey?

[video=youtube_share;FopyRHHlt3M]http://youtu.be/FopyRHHlt3M[/video]

The dark ride portion of RSR is IMO, pretty lame. It's a tour of the town you just walked through to get to the ride. The AAs are nice, but the race portion is what makes the ride.

I think it's on a par with FJ if I'm honest.
The aa's are gorgeous, it's obviously a completely different ride to FJ... FJ is much darker in story and what happens, but I really think RSR is an instant classic.

And wouldn't you say FJ is largely a tour of the land you just walked through?

The aa's are gorgeous, it's obviously a completely different ride to FJ... FJ is much darker in story and what happens, but I really think RSR is an instant classic.

Not really, Hogsmeade is the land you walk through to get to Forbidden Journey, which takes place in parts of Hogwarts not seen in the queue to use as a proper transition. Radiator Springs Racers largely repeats what you just walked through to get there in a different style.

That being said I really enjoyed Radiator Springs Racers as a family E-ticket and in many ways it is a large scale modern day Mr. Toad with its dark ride element.

However, people with their hopes on it coming to DHS or a large scale Makeover of DHS should not continue to get their hopes up years later.

I'll be seeing RSR for the next time next month so I'll definitely be happy to give my two cents then. Haven't seen an on-ride video or anything so I'm excited. :ears:

I actually prefer the story in Cars to FJ due to the fact that Cars has a cohesive one while FJ does not..and thus the attraction (Cars) is stronger because of it..

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the seeming lack of discussion about this project(s), even if this forum is primarily devoted to talking about UOR. The idea of a thorough makeover of this park, while it could be bad for Universal, is still one of the most exciting things to happen at Disney World in a LONG time.

I think we are all interested in the project. It's just hard to get excited until we know more about what's coming.

A reworked Toy Story Play Land could be interesting. I am hoping they tie it into TSMM and go with more of an actual midway theme. At least that way the flat rides will sort of fit.

It's finally good to see this actually happening.

Too bad we don't know what exactly this all entails. I'm still inclined to believe we'll be getting some sort of "Pixar-Land". I wish Cars would stay in anaheim though .

I'm actually somewhat surprised by the seeming lack of discussion about this project(s), even if this forum is primarily devoted to talking about UOR. The idea of a thorough makeover of this park, while it could be bad for Universal, is still one of the most exciting things to happen at Disney World in a LONG time.

There are still a lot of details still up in the air. We know Star Wars is coming but what's inside it?