Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never really understood why it wasn't just called Walt Disney Studios, though I do think Disney Hollywood Adventure might help with confusion between Universal Studios and them. I overhear people mix them up all the time.

Meh I think they could think of a better name than disneys Hollywood adventure. Just sounds so bland and unexciting. That and with all these new lands coming, the only land actually related to Hollywood will be Hollywood. Hopefully it'll be a better name

I never really understood why it wasn't just called Walt Disney Studios,

Generally speaking, the company reserves the "Walt" name for things the man himself has his hand in/founded/etc. Walt Disney World, Walt Disney Animation, Walt Disney's Snow White, etc.

There are exceptions that can be argued, but generally that's the rule.

I vote for Disney Studios as well.

I never really understood why it wasn't just called Walt Disney Studios, though I do think Disney Hollywood Adventure might help with confusion between Universal Studios and them. I overhear people mix them up all the time.

Hollywood...I thought we were in Florida???

I've heard people still call it anything from MGM to "the one with Tower of Terror"....actually they should just name it Disney's Tower of Terror Park...rolls off the tongue

I hate that I feel like I'm defending Hollywood Adventure as a name but I can kind of see their reasoning. All of the new lands that might be represented hail from Hollywood movies. Should they use Tinseltown or something.

Such creativity coming from Disney.

Disney's Hollywood Studios >>>>>> Disney's Hollywood Adventure

Universal Studios >>>>> Universal's Islands of Adventure

I actually like the name Disney's Hollywood adventure... It's not a working studio anymore so kind of makes sense although yeah I can see people getting between IOA and this now.

Disney's Hollywood Adventure sounds so basic. Besides that Universal place has a park called Adventure Island or something. But seriously, Disney better throw in RIDES because that is what the people want! If you were to go there tomorrow and ask random visitors what they'd like to see, I guarantee they would say more rides! I'd love to see the Indiana Jones ride from Cali replicated here.

I heard good things about the good old Indie ride from Disneyland but that franchise is dead in the water after that horrible 4th movie.
I hope they start to build a lot, high quality, unique rides and not xeroxing old concepts. There are enough IP's they can use to make this park worth a visit.

I heard good things about the good old Indie ride from Disneyland but that franchise is dead in the water after that horrible 4th movie.
I hope they start to build a lot, high quality, unique rides and not xeroxing old concepts. There are enough IP's they can use to make this park worth a visit.
Indy is getting rebooted in the near future.

Gotta love those random thread bumps where you think there'll be news but it's actually just some whippersnapper making #comedyjokes

Reactions: UniversalCityFL