Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 397 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
13 hour shifts, world cup and catching up on here is just about all I have time for at the minute, apart from the work bit I am loving it.

I am pleased that Uni managed to get Gringotts ride going, what a disaster it could have been if no media could have got to ride it, not to mention the gloating the pixie dusters would have given.

Everything looks really good, we all knew it would .

I find it sad that some WDW media get to go yet the number 1 Universal Orlando site is snubbed yet again. 20 pages a day on this thread alone has to be worth something, almost like Hogsmeade all over again.

Seems like Gringotts is going to take even longer to bed in than FJ did, but really when you think of all the technological elements in it it's probably more complex than FJ. Although FJ was a new system it was pretty much one single piece of tech; seems like Gringotts combines so many different things that it really will take a while to get it running smoothly. Absolutely can't wait to see it at its finest though, it'll be so impressive.

1403183898000-Gillywater.jpg

Non-alcoholic drinks on the top and Alcoholic on the bottom.

Fishy green ale! the name alone is enough to put me off!

A few pages back there was talk about the London/GB goods and whether they would sell or not. The Union Flag/Jack is quite a fashion icon. Leading designers have often used it in their design or marketing, this was even more evident when the games took place in the UK. During the games the brand grew even bigger with every man and his dog cashing in on it. Business was brisk and the Union flag/Jack became an even bigger icon than it was before especially with foreigners, the Chinese couldn't get enough of it and companies were struggling to keep up with demand for products sporting the flag.

Granted the games would have helped push any brand but the legacy has stayed and brand GB is bigger than ever before ,Uni will do very well from GB merchandise and I will feel very proud when I walk by it.

Grab it whilst you can though because if Scotland vote for devolution the flag will be no more :angry:

maybe something like this

Union_flag_without_scotland.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like the Fishy Green Ale is similar to the Japanese Bubble Tea that was at F&G. In that case, it's on my must-do list.

Its suppossed to be a drink with those little juice bubbles on the bottom that explode flavor in your mouth, everyone who's tried has said its been the best surprise to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFloridaDude View Post
So there is even more Potter coming to universal. I'm all for it. Not a huge potter person but they are slowly converting me into one as the case with many regulars I know.

I don't see a problem. I say turn the entire state of FL into a wizarding world.

Not that I know but I have been touting phase 3 for the last 18 months, a lot say no chance but I really think phase 3 will come.

Webcasts from earlier in the year made me believe this even more, Gilmore wanting to do MOM if I remember right, I took that as a subtle hint, not to the fans but to Uni and WB.

What has been said recently for people to pick this up again?

Last edited:
So there is even more Potter coming to universal. I'm all for it. Not a huge potter person but they are slowly converting me into one as the case with many regulars I know.

Not a big Potter fan either, but no one can deny that this is exciting. If the rides are fun, I couldn't care less about the characters on said ride.

I don't see a problem. I say turn the entire state of FL into a wizarding world.
:mean:

Pretty sure if more Potter comes, it will just be an attraction or 2. Maybe take up more of the remaining LC. I don't think we're gonna see another huge expansion like this with HP. Where's the room? Unless they open a 3rd park, I don't see something of this scale happening again.

Not a big Potter fan either, but no one can deny that this is exciting. If the rides are fun, I couldn't care less about the characters on said ride.

Pretty sure if more Potter comes, it will just be an attraction or 2. Maybe take up more of the remaining LC. I don't think we're gonna see another huge expansion like this with HP. Where's the room? Unless they open a 3rd park, I don't see something of this scale happening again.

Space made by building the parking garage behind Diagon ?

Also, someone could give me more information on this, but the /Film review says that Gringotts has an 18 minute reboot process whenever something goes wrong. How does that compare to something like FJ, Spider-Man or Transformers? It would suck having to wait almost 20 minutes, on top of the normal queue wait time, everytime the ride breaks down, which is most likely going to happen often in these early months.

Status
Not open for further replies.