Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 395 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what an awesome day! Got home from work to see like 20 new pages! It appears it is exceeding my wildest expectations.

I am attending a work conference at the Royal Pacific in September. The company hosting the conference just confirmed today that for their private client appreciation event they have rented out Diagon Alley for our group! I am staying an additional three days but am excited that even if there are large crowds during my visit (which there no doubt will be), at least for one night the crowds, being only our group, should be manageable. They did this two years ago and rented out Hogsmeade. It was awesome as you could just basically walk onto/into anything you wanted.

Can't wait to make my return trip to Universal!

I'm just taking it all in right now, minus visual spoilers. I'm so excited to finally hear some reactions about the rides. Looks like it's not a ride for screenists but that was expected.

Holy crap the Hogwarts Express is amazing. It really is the future. It's all so real. The window works really well and the effects outside the cabin door makes it all really come to life.

Gringotts is a lot of fun and has more thrill than you'd expect. The drop in the beginning is fun. I rode it with no stops so I really got to experience it fully. The sets really are massive and blend with the 3D. And it has really high def 4K projectors. The involvement of Voldi makes it a much stronger story.

Do the scenes out the "windows" change according to daylight/nighttime?

I'm elated like a schoolboy right now. The reviews are making me die with excitement and anticipation... I'm in awe of everything I've seen thus far.

Also, though I'm much more of a lurker than I am a poster, A lot of your post fill me with delight. It's been an honor to sit back and watch this community grow from the beginning and watch universal Orlando grow from the dark times while phase one was being built to where it is now... Raising the bar of excellence in themed attraction design. I always loved Universal and it holds a special place in my heart, I feel so great to have been able to witness what it has become.

Now... MORE REVIEWS PLEASE!!!!:thumbs:

Wow a lot happened over night!

Thanks to everyone who brought together the content from social media!

I still think in person this is going to be far more breathtaking than any photo or video!

Great, I appreciate the reviews (especially the middling ones) as it gives some good perspective and helps temper expectations.

It's going to be a long while and a small population to pull from, but I hope we eventually hear some comparisons between Ratatouille and Gringotts from people who've ridden both. They sound a lot more similar than I would have guessed and are opening within days of one another!

At least we have a healthy sprinkling of AA's all throughout the environment, should make for an attraction in and of itself!

I've had a trip planned for Orlando now for almost 5 months. I fly out from LA on July 5th and come back on the 11th. When I made the trip, I expected it, based on all the rumors, that Diagon would have been opened for at least a week or two weeks and I'd just be going shortly after it open. Now, however, it turns out that I will be there on the grand opening day just because that day now falls during my planned trip. What tips can you guys give me for getting it on opening day. I was around for phase 1 but I came in almost 3 weeks after opening and everything was pretty calm. Do I have to like camp overnight at city walk to get in to this thing or what should I expect haha. I remember photos from last year that showed the outstretched line outside of the park so could someone please legitimately explain a plan of attack I should have? I'm cool with whatever i'd just like to have a true idea of what I'm up against...

Last edited:
WESH is doing a live remote from DA this morning and they are showing the Three Brothers puppets show right now. Holy crap the giant Death is really awesome!

This is so incredible, what a crazy special few days this is! I'm absolutely loving all the videos and pictures, and especially the Gringotts reviews! I'm glad it's sounding so positive, and I don't mind the lack of AAs as long as there is a great mix of sets and screens, which there does seem to be according to some of those photos from inside. I think AAs in the queue and screens for the ride is the way to go.

And that dragon roar... I'm toast :lol: So exciting!!

Inside the Magic's youtube channel has the full ride footage of the Hogwarts Express both ways, and the full que of Escape from Gringotts.

Just to add, when they say the moment you enter you're immersed it's no joke. To have Hagrid himself "open" it up and then walk through it was literally like stepping into the movie. There were actors in costume walking around everywhere talking to each other and making comments about us muggles and it made everything just feel so alive and real. The detail in this place is literally amazing and photos or videos don't do it justice. I strongly recommend going in blind to everything because when you guys go you will be amazed.

We've been getting way too many spoilers! Reactions to the place are one thing but we need clear rules as to what should be done with details! Especially ride story and effects. I've been very excited about this expansion but I want to experience it without knowing everything but still get my updated information on here. So can we please STOP POSTING SPOILERS out in the open.
Thanks

Wow, she wasn't kidding when she stated the voice of Hermione is REALLY REALLY off... The others are kind of off. Only the candy lady sounded right.

Yeah that's gonna bug me a little. Emma's my girl. :ack:

Also, do we know why she didn't lend her voice? I'm guessing it was a royalties thing?

Wow, she wasn't kidding when she stated the voice of Hermione is REALLY REALLY off... The others are kind of off. Only the candy lady sounded right.

Yes, I was shocked by how off the voice was. The Ron and Harry voices are spot on, quite a disappointment that they botched Hermione's voice so much. Perhaps they will go back and swap out that voice with another voice actor who does a better job...

- - - Updated - - -

We've been getting way too many spoilers! Reactions to the place are one thing but we need clear rules as to what should be done with details! Especially ride story and effects. I've been very excited about this expansion but I want to experience it without knowing everything but still get my updated information on here. So can we please STOP POSTING SPOILERS out in the open.
Thanks

In my opinion if you don't want spoilers, you shouldn't read this thread. Everybody has a different idea of what degree of a spoiler something is. If you want to be surprised when you go there and see it for yourself, don't look up information about it online! Maybe you should consider starting a spoiler-free discussion thread.

Nope. We went through this with phase one where spoilers were hidden. General things about the land should be discussed here. Details about Gringotts should be in the Gringotts thread which I will not read. Specific ride and show scenes and specific effects should not be discussed here.

- - - Updated - - -

There should be a Hogwarts Express thread for spoilers for that ride and all current spoiler posts should be moved to there. It's not fair to exclude people like me who want to be apart of the discussion but don't want to know the play by play. That's common courtesy!

Do we know yet when team member previews are? Softs happen after that I remember you all saying, so it's a long shot to hope for softs this weekend, when I will be there, if team member previews didn't even happen yet, right? Because it seems to me like they can start softs right after the media event ends tomorrow, just with technical problems in Gringotts.

Status
Not open for further replies.