New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 59 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're going too far down the "story" rabbit hole. :lol:

All you got to do is watch a 15-30 min video at check in that explains the whole back story :rofl:

Negative. Office complex south of admin building on Turkey Lake.

Thanks, I got mixed up with the name looking at different maps :bonk:

This is it, right? Now is this leased space?

d180c36c741930fe6539a79006b8bff9.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Quint
Yes, as I understand it.

Everyone, Volcano Bay is not expected to be the name of the water park. It will just be an area within WonderSea. Sorry if I gave the wrong impression earlier. Keep an eye out for other trademarks soon!

Are you serious? so a 200 ft volcano will not be the centerpiece, instead just one land? or are we seeing it as the centerpeice and a land, with other lands behind it?

Are you serious? so a 200 ft volcano will not be the centerpiece, instead just one land? or are we seeing it as the centerpeice and a land, with other lands behind it?

The Volcano will be the main feature of the park. And I think you're thinking of "land" in a theme park setting rather than a water park one. If I had to figure, Volcano Bay would be the wave pool, and the slides around the area would be part of the Volcano Bay area.

hmm that sucks, it's just kinda weird having 2 tropical themed things so close to each other without them tying together

There's no reason for an ultra indepth story like that. Plus Cabana Bay is supposed to be fake/kitschy tropical, not a real tropical paradise.

Minions? and water? hmmmm, I know I have seen that before

06.minionmayhemopening.me_.041114.jpg

Something like that. But with beach themes not Super Silly Funland themes.

Last edited:
Just pure speculation/fanboy wishes here :p

1. Volcano Bay
2. Lost Continent or something similar (if they decide to get rid of LC at IOA, putting a dark ride/water slide hybrid like Schlitterbahn has done could easily be themed to Poseidon - maybe a flat as the "dry" element that's been rumored?)
3. Minion Beach - a given, pretty easy to predict
4. Amity - wouldn't be hard to add (similar theming to Paradise Pier at DCA except more of the seaside vibe) and JAWS gets resurrected

Definitely excited to see the 200 ft volcano... could this open summer 2016 somehow? if they're getting trademarks/permits already for the names... they can't be that far off from getting the land ready if the remaining space they own is slated for Wondersea.

Summer 2016 with a KidZone revamp, JP expansion/revamp, and Wondersea Island would be near perfect... but 2017 seems more likely for the water park :lol:

Does anyone know what date yet? I wouldn't think a waterpark would take as long to plan/build as a full-fledged theme park.

Last edited:
Gosh this thing is sounding neat. Thanks for all the info folks! But now I want to know more... more... more... :pop:

The model sounds like it is amazing, and I am a fan of models. I hope we get to see lots of pictures of it eventually :pray:

I'm going to go on record predicting Volcano Bay is some sort of wave pool/large body of water that isn't necessarily a slide depository.

I predict the volcano will erupt many times a day. How cool would it be if everytime the volcano erupts a wave pool in front of it reacts with a tidal wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.