Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Capcom might not be but a series of Multiple Video game properties may make an exciting use for a land. IE. Mario, SONIC, The Sims, Call of duty. / Instead of each being a land we could see multiple in one land?

Mario is the highest selling game franchise in the world. Would make great use if put in a theme park properly. .
Capcom has resident evil, street fighter and mega man. Look up the character roster for marvel vs capcom to get a better idea at the characters. Most of them are pretty unrecognizable for American audiences, wouldn't look too much into this rumor

Capcom has resident evil, street fighter and mega man. Look up the character roster for marvel vs capcom to get a better idea at the characters. Most of them are pretty unrecognizable for American audiences, wouldn't look too much into this rumor

If Comcast or Universal were to acquire a video game developer I would see turning their existing IPs into video games a stronger part than turning the video games into rides. I am not sure Capcom would be the right company. They churned out a lot of Disney games in the 90s, but that was back when basically all games like that were 2D side-scrolling platformers.

Though I do wonder if Universal vs Capcom would be a good game :rofl:

If Comcast or Universal were to acquire a video game developer I would see turning their existing IPs into video games a stronger part than turning the video games into rides. I am not sure Capcom would be the right company. They churned out a lot of Disney games in the 90s, but that was back when basically all games like that were 2D side-scrolling platformers.

Though I do wonder if Universal vs Capcom would be a good game :rofl:
It would be an amazing game but I'm almost positive nobody at comcast knows how to run a successful video game company, they'd probably just let it rot or as you said turn it into a company that only makes movie tie in games. Real shame

It would be an amazing game but I'm almost positive nobody at comcast knows how to run a successful video game company, they'd probably just let it rot or as you said turn it into a company that only makes movie tie in games. Real shame

Or they could find ways to integrate interactive TV technology...like lets say you are watching the voice and with your WII remote you are able to vote or choose your own ending for shows and movies where you now have 20 different ways this film can go and the adventure is in your hands. But if they did buy a company it definitely should not be Capcom, buy out Blizzard or Square Enix for theme park applications.

What I mean is if Comcast wanted to get into video games, like several other of the media conglomerates, they should look into companies that are already doing stuff that would compliment their existing portfolio. Then treat it similar to how they got into themeparks with Universal, look at what they have to offer and see where you can help. I am sorry this has gotten outside of the topic of this thread, but they could actually make good IP based games working closely together like that.

What I mean is if Comcast wanted to get into video games, like several other of the media conglomerates, they should look into companies that are already doing stuff that would compliment their existing portfolio. Then treat it similar to how they got into themeparks with Universal, look at what they have to offer and see where you can help. I am sorry this has gotten outside of the topic of this thread, but they could actually make good IP based games working closely together like that.
They could but Capcom is a incredible mess as it is. They've made so many fatal mistakes these past years that I'm surprised they are even alive to sell. Fixing this company isn't worth the effort and wouldn't even be profitable in the long run. I say it's a no go. I'm honestly just done with video game speculation altogether

If Back To The Future and LAIKA are incorporated into future resort plans, I will die of joy.

They could but Capcom is a incredible mess as it is. They've made so many fatal mistakes these past years that I'm surprised they are even alive to sell. Fixing this company isn't worth the effort and wouldn't even be profitable in the long run. I say it's a no go. I'm honestly just done with video game speculation altogether

To be clear I was giving a few reasons why Capcom and Comcast would not be a good match. That is not to say Comcast shouldn't acquire or otherwise partner with a different game developer.

To be clear I was giving a few reasons why Capcom and Comcast would not be a good match. That is not to say Comcast shouldn't acquire or otherwise partner with a different game developer.

Honestly the only one they could possibly go for is sony and with their new movies coming out soon that's not a half bad partnership

So, Jim Hill interviewed UOR President Tom Williams. Some very nice tidbits thrown in, including conformation that the next 5 years are basically set already, and that they're planning some special things for USF's 25th Anniversary next year.

http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...aign=Feed:+Jimhillmediacom+(JimHillMedia.com)

Next 5 years ay? That's a lot of planning and I hope all of it comes through. I'm having the same feeling right now as when marvel said they have their movie line up planned up to 2027. And while I don't care for marvel anymore that's still a incredible feat. I just want to break into creatives offices and open every file cabinet. So far it looks like we have 3 things that are certainly coming within these 5 years
-wondersea
-kong
-kidzone
#pumped

Next 5 years ay? That's a lot of planning and I hope all of it comes through. I'm having the same feeling right now as when marvel said they have their movie line up planned up to 2027. And while I don't care for marvel anymore that's still a incredible feat. I just want to break into creatives offices and open every file cabinet. So far it looks like we have 3 things that are certainly coming within these 5 years
-wondersea
-kong
-kidzone
#pumped

Hotels
I still say phase 3 too, don't shoot me.

Seuss is the one I personally want, hopefully it's Lorax or grinch (LC replacement?) I'd also say phase 3 but in the next 5 years? Seems too soon but then again if you wait a while then it'll seem too old. Hopefully this happens 5 years from now instead of 2 or 3. Diagon can hold us over for another decade.

Seuss is the one I personally want, hopefully it's Lorax or grinch (LC replacement?) I'd also say phase 3 but in the next 5 years? Seems too soon but then again if you wait a while then it'll seem too old. Hopefully this happens 5 years from now instead of 2 or 3. Diagon can hold us over for another decade.

I think Phase III will happen significantly faster. It won't be as big, so I just have the gut feeling it'll be open by 2017.

As for Seuss, there's still an expansion plot there. It won't be taking over another land.

I'm thinking they really are going to push Kong to open earlier in 2015 considering it makes sense to market it for the 25th anniversary of USF.

I'm thinking they really are going to push Kong to open earlier in 2015 considering it makes sense to market it for the 25th anniversary of USF.
It hasn't even gone vertical yet. If they manage early 2015 then it'll be amazing. Then again, if most of the ride is just screens, most things can probably be done fairly quickly.

I think Phase III will happen significantly faster. It won't be as big, so I just have the gut feeling it'll be open by 2017.

As for Seuss, there's still an expansion plot there. It won't be taking over another land.
There is but isn't it tiny? Like could only fit one ride tiny? If so I'm fine, one ride it's ok by me. I'm also curious if the old rumor of the one fish placement could come back

- - - Updated - - -

It hasn't even gone vertical yet. If they manage early 2015 then it'll be amazing. Then again, if most of the ride is just screens, most things can probably be done fairly quickly.

Well since it's apparently easy to program ride system I don't see that being much of a problem either. Basically the only thing they have to really worry about is theming and syncing

- - - Updated - - -

I can see 2017 being a possibility, I'm just not sure if the ministry of magic could really hold some sort of ride. Guess we will see

Early 2015? I doubt it. My guess is June 7 (USF's 25) at the earliest.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see 2017 being a possibility, I'm just not sure if the ministry of magic could really hold some sort of ride. Guess we will see

Who says it has to be a ride?

Status
Not open for further replies.