Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a huge difference between brainstorming and throwing stuff at the wall knowing full well it wont stick...typical of this generation to run away when someone disagrees with their opinion
Well I meant brainstorming as in thinking of what could be in the ride (merch, scenes, ect) and you never know. He could've been having a rough day and all this arguing doesn't help

And like Skip (I think it was him anyway) said, you don't really want to back yourself into a corner before you expand. Do you really need to wait until you're turning people away every day and have full capacity and then take years to build a new park to spread out those crowds, while having no new rides in the first two parks since you used up all the expansion room there too? I can see why some might see it as a bad idea, but they really need to be proactive and not reactive. Don't wait until you're backed into that corner.

Yeah but Universal is nowhere near having to turn people away. Sure, theyll hit capacity once or twice next week, but for the majority of the operating season in any given year, Universal is far from being in a corner. In peak season, the parks average about 20,000 a day. Thats not a very large number. So while I agree with what youre saying in theory, that doesnt apply to Universal because theyre not even really close to being there yet.

Everything we think we know about park attendance and capacity issues changes Tuesday.

With the additions of Cabana Bay and DA, I think we will see a sustained increase in resort guests. More affordable on-site accomadations and Diagon Alley will permanently alter UOR.

I also think that slamming Transformers and Springfield together for last summer was a brilliant strategic move to keep the UOR hype train rolling.

Last edited:
Everything we think we know about park attendance and capacity issues changes Tuesday.

With the additions of Cabana Bay and DA, I think we will see a sustained increase in resort guests. More affordable on-site accomadations and Diagon Alley will permanently alter UOR.

I also think that slamming Transformers and Springfield together for last summer was a brilliant strategic move to keep the UOR hype train rolling.
I hope it is a huge benefit to Universal...I would love to be wrong

I think Diagon will increase attendance at Universal about as much as Hogsmeade did to IOA. But you are right about Cabana Bay...the cheaper option could encourage longer stays. We'll have to see what happens in the next couple of years.

But technically aren't they having to use the pass at the ticket booth to cross?

I would assume they treat it the same as if somebody left one park and walked over to the other. Which has been happening for years. So I wouldn't predict any change in attendance associated with the trip. (Save for the massive amount of people who will descend upon both parks to experience the HE)

Transformers and Simpsons will also help disperse crowds throughout the park or give more options for guests with return time tickets for DA, fantastic forward thinking by Uni.

Word is that Capcom is up for sale. Universal could snatch that up and bring Resident Evil in house. That'd be a huge boon for USJ and might provide some cool stuff for the other parks too.

But Capcom made Pinball machines so Uni has to get it
Hell yes, universal needs more pinball options. There are only so many times I can play that shrek pinball table near the mummy's exit. But in all seriousness i don't think universal will buy capcom. They wouldn't know how to deal with the video game market (what it's all about) but instead use the IPs for movies and rides. It wouldn't be a smart purchase

Hell yes, universal needs more pinball options. There are only so many times I can play that shrek pinball table near the mummy's exit. But in all seriousness i don't think universal will buy capcom. They wouldn't know how to deal with the video game market (what it's all about) but instead use the IPs for movies and rides. It wouldn't be a smart purchase

Capcom might not be but a series of Multiple Video game properties may make an exciting use for a land. IE. Mario, SONIC, The Sims, Call of duty. / Instead of each being a land we could see multiple in one land?

Mario is the highest selling game franchise in the world. Would make great use if put in a theme park properly. .

Status
Not open for further replies.