Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

Are not the beginning horizontal parts of mummy LIM? I cannot recall seeing tires sticking up.

From the Premier Rides website..
This attraction is a dynamic experience, sending riders on an action packed adventure. Drive tires, SSLIMs, and LIMs allow the vehicle to move through some scenes under power and coasting in others, thus leaving riders looming in places that would not seem the wiser decision.

A few notes after my first visit:
Foremost, the scale of the interiors is massive. The screens and rock-work, the projected waterfall and the wall of vault doors make me wish for an evac in that scene.
The thrill factor is excellent in my opinion. Rides like FJ, HRR and even Simpsons put me on the verge of nausea. Gringott's is exciting without the sickness.
The story leaves a bit to be desired. I wonder what would have been created had Radcliffe participated. One more Voldemort appearance would have been great as well.
Arrived 6:25 am Friday, entered the land at 7. The ride had a delayed opening. Sat just outside the lobby until 8:05. One side loading.
Arrived 6:15 am Saturday, entered the land early (6:45), ride was loading both sides. Rode once standby, once single rider, done by 7:15.
Curiously, they were loading entire rows with single riders even though that line only reached the bottom of the staircase.
Overall, my favorite ride at UOR. Can't wait to experience it again.

Foremost, the scale of the interiors is massive. The screens and rock-work, the projected waterfall and the wall of vault doors make me wish for an evac in that scene.
The thrill factor is excellent in my opinion. Rides like FJ, HRR and even Simpsons put me on the verge of nausea. Gringott's is exciting without the sickness.
The story leaves a bit to be desired. I wonder what would have been created had Radcliffe participated. One more Voldemort appearance would have been great as well.
Arrived 6:25 am Friday, entered the land at 7. The ride had a delayed opening. Sat just outside the lobby until 8:05. One side loading.
Arrived 6:15 am Saturday, entered the land early (6:45), ride was loading both sides. Rode once standby, once single rider, done by 7:15.
Curiously, they were loading entire rows with single riders even though that line only reached the bottom of the staircase.

They will load entire rows with single riders if the regular line has been slowed down for whatever reason. It allows them to keep moving the ride while they "talk" to the guest having issues. Sometimes it is they don't give the party number fast enough or their is confusion about who is riding and who is not. But whatever the reason I have seen this on all the rides with single rider and I am never in long single rider lines. So I don't think it has to do with the length of the single rider line.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but during the scene where Voldemort and Bellatrix break into the vault you're hiding in there's a ton of easter eggs. The boxes inside the vault with the letters on them are the initials of Universal Creative and Warner Bros. employees. Some of them include: TJC, SAC, MJW, and one that even says P722.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but during the scene where Voldemort and Bellatrix break into the vault you're hiding in there's a ton of easter eggs. The boxes inside the vault with the letters on them are the initials of Universal Creative and Warner Bros. employees. Some of them include: TJC, SAC, MJW, and one that even says P722.

And also, the vault you're hiding in is Sirius Black's vault (according to the ride layout).

My only gripe with the ride is that I wish the final launch/coaster portion would have lasted longer..too much fun to stop so suddenly...btw I forgot to mention in my review that no one appeared to read, the final screen scene had me convinced that half of it was a set..to come back and here that it is 100% projection really surprised me

My only gripe with the ride is that I wish the final launch/coaster portion would have lasted longer..too much fun to stop so suddenly...btw I forgot to mention in my review that no one appeared to read, the final screen scene had me convinced that half of it was a set..to come back and here that it is 100% projection really surprised me

The lava scene? Or the farewell scene at the top of the dragon launch? What parts did you think were physical? Thanks for all your info!

I agree, the scenes blend so well it was difficult to tell what is real. In particular, the scene when the Goblin is running along the lower platform, I was convinced the upper platform and vaults were physical pieces. My 3rd ride, I went without glasses and was stunned the entire wall was a screen. Ingeniously, the protruding platform above the goblin shifts to change perspective as the ride vehicle moves across. Absolutely brilliant.

The only scene that really came a cross as a screen to me is the first scene with the trolls. Everything else was hard to tell.

^ That right there should tell everyone just how badass these screens are! Freaking love this ride!

Seriously, the most amazing screen tech and 3D I've ever seen. I think it's a disservice to this attraction to say it's in the same vein as Spidey/Transformers.

Seriously, the most amazing screen tech and 3D I've ever seen. I think it's a disservice to this attraction to say it's in the same vein as Spidey/Transformers.

I seem to remember someone talking about the new standard in multimedia attractions... Can't remember who though..

Was that sweeping finale music at the end of Gringotts created just for the ride? It is EPIC.

The first two movies and the final film shared the ending score, called Leaving Hogwarts, while the rest of the films have various ending themes mostly related to the repeated themes in that particular film. I heard the theme play as the Hogwarts Express pulled out of Hogsmeade Station in a video on here, and I know it plays as part of the loop in Hogsmeade. If it's from the Chamber of Secrets, then it's a slightly more grand version of it. Sounds like a really great finale piece for the ride...

The first two movies and the final film shared the ending score, called Leaving Hogwarts, while the rest of the films have various ending themes mostly related to the repeated themes in that particular film. I heard the theme play as the Hogwarts Express pulled out of Hogsmeade Station in a video on here, and I know it plays as part of the loop in Hogsmeade. If it's from the Chamber of Secrets, then it's a slightly more grand version of it. Sounds like a really great finale piece for the ride...

[video=youtube;2aQEcHwRCmo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aQEcHwRCmo[/video]

Around 4:05 :thumbs: