Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How bad would you guys say the spins are? My aunt isn't great with things like the old Cat in the Hat, but she can deal with the spins on Spider-Man. She can handle things like MIB and Cat in the Hat but it depends. She hasn't ever ridden FJ, based on descriptions she doesn't think she could handle it...

I'd say the spins are a little similar to Spider-Man, with a little added thrill due to the movement of the car along the coaster track. I would say that if she can handle Spider-Man, she'll probably be fine. But someone else who's been on it more might be able to tell you better than I can.

I keep telling people who haven't been on that nothing about this ride is that intense at all. I still say it's spinning is less intense than the original CITH spinning. Universal clearly didn't want this to be a big thrill machine of a ride.

This link was just retweeted by skub. Incredible that there is yet a second tilting track section in this attraction that I was completely unaware of. It appears that it tilts the track sideways towards the screen during the "fall" and then the track tilts back into place with the "arresto momentum" spell.

Wonderful observations, images and analysis: http://www.coaster101.com/2014/07/22/escape-gringotts-details/

Reactions: DanB89
This link was just retweeted by skub. Incredible that there is yet a second tilting track section in this attraction that I was completely unaware of. It appears that it tilts the track sideways towards the screen during the "fall" and then the track tilts back into place with the "arresto momentum" spell.

Wonderful observations, images and analysis: http://www.coaster101.com/2014/07/22/escape-gringotts-details/

Yeah. With the track doing all this stuff and then needing to perfectly hook back up, I can understand why this could be a technical nightmare for the safety systems.

Does anyone know where the music is from at the beginning, after your car leaves the holding area, but before it gets to the first scene.

Its at :11 in this video.

[video=youtube;yp4eQNVx2Wk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp4eQNVx2Wk#t=11[/video]

I think it's track 8, "The Whomping Willow," from the Prisoner of Azkaban soundtrack.

So I've been thinking about the best way to describe how I feel about this ride and why I'm disappointed by it. It comes down to my expectations, which I realize were too high. The original talk of it being Spider-Man/Transformers meets Mummy got me excited, even though I knew the coaster portions were not going to be on Mummy's level of intensity. But the ride feels more like 90% Transformers and 10% kiddie coaster to me. The issues don't come down to the ride using screens, but more that the entire experience is just another version of the Spider-Man/Transformers with some kiddie coaster elements thrown in as a twist. They even do the whole same get splashed with a little bit of water thing you see in Spidey and Transformers. I swear if the ride ended with us falling from high up and being saved I would've been mad lol. You can really tell they wanted this ride to be more kid friendly than FJ and Mummy are, it feels toned down to me. The idea of mashing an experience like Spidey/Transformers onto a coaster sounds awesome, this ride just really feels like it just flirted with the idea.

Don't get me wrong, it is a damn good ride and a lot of fun. I just don't see it being the greatest ride ever and IMHO despite being 15 years old....Spider-Man still reigns supreme in UOR. It broke new ground and still to this day is an awesome experience and the whole being raised into the air by Doc Ock's anti-gravity gun effect is still the best one in the resort. They tried to make Gringotts unqiue by throwing the whole coaster track and elements into the ride but it was severely under used and the ride felt like more of the same to me in some ways. I'd still give it an 8/10, I just feel let down that it didn't live up to the hype for me. It probably falls into the 3-5 range as my favorite ride at the resort right now.

I will say, I wasn't "blown away" by the ride portion of Gringott's. But I think that is because I have known for 2 years pretty much exactly what it would be like. There were a few things that were cut that I would have liked to have seen, but i knew they were cut a while back. The ride met my expectations which were set pretty darned high. I wasn't disappointed, as a matter of fact, I am very impressed with the attraction as a whole. The bank lobby, even though I knew exactly what it would look like, did "blow me away". It is the single most impressive themed set piece I have ever seen in a theme park environment. And the elevators definitely exceeded my expectations.

Has anyone noticed any people being VIP'd onto this attraction yet? Sports or movie stars? I do know that it is happening every day for lesser known individuals. I just wondered if anyone had seen it occurring...

So question for anyone who knows.... I know this would be low on the needs-to-be-fixed list but in the promos it shows the ride vehicles having steam coming out of them. Is that a real effect that just isn't working yet, or just something that was done for the promo video?

Rode it twice this morning in the front row and row 4, and after riding it properly this is a top 3 ride for me now. The back is so much more fun than the front and has a better perspective in the second scene and Sirius Black's vault IMO.

Now that we know how the ride is, dont you think the ride scenes in this ad gave a false portrayal.

[video=youtube;rbMOjvvTI6g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbMOjvvTI6g[/video]

Now that we know how the ride is, dont you think the ride scenes in this ad gave a false portrayal.

Have you been on the ride? Curious how or why you would feel that way.

Pretty sure the first scene with the drop fulfills what is portrayed in the advertisement.