Terminator Motorcycle? | Inside Universal Forums

Terminator Motorcycle?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

agentj

Platinum Member
Apr 24, 2012
Rhode Island
Not sure if it's been discussed, but Terminator motorcycle was not working today. Show seemed weird without it.

Last edited:
Last time I saw it without the motorcycle, the motorcycle sounds were still on. It was strange, but since its only last a few moments it not too distracting. Still my favorite 3D show in Orlando. The last scene doesnt get any better.

This is still my fav attraction at both parks. Ive never seen it without the bike. I love the how the audience always reacts when it comes out. Would be great if uni could make another show like this that had 3d and live action with a new property.

This is still my fav attraction at both parks. Ive never seen it without the bike. I love the how the audience always reacts when it comes out. Would be great if uni could make another show like this that had 3d and live action with a new property.
Before the sound system went to heck it literally looked and sounded real..nowadays not so much as many of the speakers in there don't punch like they used to

I saw the show last week, the bike didn't work so they went somewhat off script about how his motorcycle would be there when they go to the future

Before the sound system went to heck it literally looked and sounded real..nowadays not so much as many of the speakers in there don't punch like they used to

Woah....You mean it's NOT real? Lol. That literally just blew my mind. Is it like an electric bike or something? How does it work?

It's on a track I believe

LOL, I know a whole bunch of things, but I never knew that it was on a track being controlled and propelled. I had to go watch a video to convince myself you were correct. You were, you are!

I always thought it was an expert driver to hit the queues so on the spot. No wonder why I love the parks, their attractions continue to fool me. :wave:

LOL, I know a whole bunch of things, but I never knew that it was on a track being controlled and propelled. I had to go watch a video to convince myself you were correct. You were, you are!

I always thought it was an expert driver to hit the queues so on the spot. No wonder why I love the parks, their attractions continue to fool me. :wave:

I only know this because of a Travel Channel special haha

The motorcycle is on a track with a busbar system.

Before the bike comes out, about the time the announcer girl is choked, the whole section of the floor that follows the bike path lowers and then gets moved off to the side. This clears the way for the bike which is set to the time code of the show to come out. The terminator must hold a triggering mechanism on the bike to signal that he's ready. At the right time, if the trap door is out of the way and the terminator has triggered the ok, the bike moves.

Also included in the track mechanism is the bike tilt down for the terminator to put his foot down and fire and then a tilt up as John Connor climbs on board. The entire action of the bike is completely automated within the time code of the show and if something is outside the proper variance the bike will not move.

There are tons of sensors on this thing to make sure no actors are in the way and to make sure that the screen has moved up into positions where the openings for the bike to come and go are exposed. When John is on the bike LN2 is shot out as the door section in the middle of the screen is raised. Then the bike can go through. Once through the trap door in the screen is closed and then the whole entire screen is lowered 10 feet so you don't see the trap door cut outs for the rest of the movie.

As you can see the 2 mins from when Sara and John repel into the theater to when the bike goes through the screen is a technical masterpiece. 100's of lines of computer code are used up. And if one thing is off or a sensor faulty the whole show will either go into contingencies or stop all together.

^ Wow, that is so James Cameron to demand a clean screen for the remainder of the show.

To whittle it down, the motorcycle is an animatronic, and I didn't have a clue. Magnificent.

^ Wow, that is so James Cameron to demand a clean screen for the remainder of the show.

To whittle it down, the motorcycle is an animatronic, and I didn't have a clue. Magnificent.

This show is full of wow moments...it all works so well people don't even give it a second thought

Apparently, the bike has a lot of problems fixing it because the mechanics/tech of the bike are older and hard to find, so that's why its out of commission some times.

Apparently, the bike has a lot of problems fixing it because the mechanics/tech of the bike are older and hard to find, so that's why its out of commission some times.

It sounds like the track conveyance system more than the bike. From what was described yesterday, the bike itself is just a dumb trailer.

^Not really. It's pretty much a mini Spider-man vehicle running around the stage.

There's a track, bus bar, and the bike has a motion profile.