Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dueling Mack launched spinning coaster, have it where at moments the two trains are side by side, then suddenly one is launched forward while the other stays behind, then they meet again somewhere else etc.

I'm picturing a duel coaster track as well.......ride vehicles would spin......half indoor/half outdoor........track would not be visible. I think Mario Kart or Donkey Kong are the most likely "E" ticket.

For some reason I picture a variation of this coaster for Donkey Kong:

GreenLantern01-300x225.jpg

I think we're looking at much less "thrill" than this. I'm expecting something similar in thrill to BTM or SDMT

I wonder if this deal is the reason there was the theme change (that I hinted at) to a certain coming coaster a while back.

I just have to say I think they might be making a mistake if they limit it to merchandise with Pokemon. I've talked to a substantial group of people, all of whom have brought up Pokemon as their first "YES PLEASE" when I mentioned it. It's a franchise many get extremely excited about...

I don't want to derail this thread, but you're wrong. Universal has the contractual obligation to the Avengers already in their existing contract, and Disney can't do anything about it.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php/9040-MSHI-Expansion

As for Nintendo, it's going into KidZone, but you're thinking too small when you say it's "just going to be rethemed kiddy stuff". This will be a near-fully knockdown and replacement of KidZone. Not just a retheming.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it may not be Space Fantasy. Might be a different Mack concept.

Why anyone would expect a simple overlay from Universal at this point it beyond me.

Also, could we be looking at the Mack e-motion coaster? https://mack-rides.com/en/products/coasters/e-motion-coaster/c-ec-info/index.html

No one is talking about a simple overlay. I am sure they knew from the get-go what IP this might be for and that they deemed it perfect for the subject matter. Meanwhile, they were working on an alternative perhaps, and ditched that because the deal worked out. A&D does this with HHN quite often.

I'd make a large wager that Toon Lagoon gets replaced first. Recycled kiddie crap doesn't get traction online or in commercials. In baseball lingo, it's a single, at best. "Updating" shops, eateries and REAL rides with a theme people actually like? That's at least a double, a triple if they fix everything wrong with Dudley, and a home run if they add Mario Kart to the re-opening line-up. They have an entire row of stuff that can get the Springfield treatment in Toon Lagoon. In KidZone, it's just kiddie attractions. Where will all the new food items be sold? Where will the million new merchandise items be sold? Furthermore, F&F is most likely the next big project, and that's over at USF, and it'll be pretty huge so the focus will move back to IOA.

I'd throw it back to you and ask: why do you think this will be an overlay? Is Diagon Alley a boat ride?

If Universal still wants to do SpongeBob, I could see them ripping out Animal Actors for it (provided that Nintendo isn't taking up that space).

Though the only problem is that Bikini Bottom would clash pretty horribly with the nearby Central Park/Garden of Allah theming.

Last edited:
Sponge bob would be a brilliant retheme of toon lagoon, the krusty krab would be unique for islands food options (whimpy replacement) AND it's all water rides so it would be perfect to the theme. Although I'll miss the Popeye theme, that would be a perfect IP for it. Fact nobody thought of it before amazes me

Sponge bob would be a brilliant retheme of toon lagoon, the krusty krab would be unique for islands food options (whimpy replacement) AND it's all water rides so it would be perfect to the theme. Although I'll miss the Popeye theme, that would be a perfect IP for it. Fact nobody thought of it before amazes me

But then Universal Orlando twitter can't keep trotting out the "Which land isn't based on literature?" trivia! :p

If it came to it, Bikini Bottom would be a better retheme of Toon Lagoon, though honestly I'd rather keep the characters that are there, personally

I'll meet you halfway and say that I'd like to see them replace Dudley Do-Right and keep Popeye.

But then Universal Orlando twitter can't keep trotting out the "Which land isn't based on literature?" trivia! :p

I think they've already killed that with King Kong.

If Universal still wants to do SpongeBob, I could see them ripping out Animal Actors for it (provided that Nintendo isn't taking up that space).

Though the only problem is that Bikini Bottom would clash pretty horribly with the nearby Central Park/Garden of Allah theming.

Isn't the Garden of Allah theming going away right now, or are they keeping it and just changing the internals?

Good ol' Lance propagating the idea that Marvel will be rethemed to Nintendo: :doh:

Screamscape said:
Talk about a strange piece of news to wake up to this morning, but Nintendo and Comcast have announced a new agreement that will see the worlds and characters from Nintendo video games brought to the Universal Parks & Resorts in both America and in Japan. While they have no details of how this may be realized, or what park may get it first, they did say that Universal will create “spectacular, dedicated experiences based on Nintendo’s wildly popular games, characters and worlds.”
So while adding some kind of Nintendo game themed attraction or land to Universal Studios Japan is almost a no-brainer, how to add them to the US parks may be a bit more tricky. The Hollywood park is fairly land-locked and has been moving heaven and earth (literally) to bring the world’s of The Simpsons, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Fast & Furious to life, all within the same general time-frame, which means Hollywood may be the last stop for Mario and friends to land.
Meanwhile, strange new rumors have been rising from Orlando regarding possible replacement themes being considered for the existing Marvel Super Hero Island section of that park, except for the Amazing Spiderman ride, which makes me wonder if there is a connection between the two stories. Time will tell… but what Nintendo theme would you place on existing rides like The Incredible Hulk coaster, StormForce or Dr. Doom’s FearFall?
If not Marvel, perhaps it could replace Toon Town, through it would seem a bit odd to have Donkey Kong living so close to King Kong, wouldn’t it? Of course the Nintendo theme could serve as a replacement to the current KidZone offerings, replacing the old Barney show, Woody Woodpecker, the Fieval Playland and Curious George areas.

Unless Disney gives them contractual permission to create an Avengers ride, this will NEVER happen. So, basically, this will NEVER happen.

Where do people get his information from? How many times must it be explained how untrue this is?

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm getting the feeling, just from some discussions I'm having, that Pokémon may only be merchandise, while the land focuses on some combination of Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

That's depressing.

If it came to it, Bikini Bottom would be a better retheme of Toon Lagoon, though honestly I'd rather keep the characters that are there, personally

Good call...that is perfect for SB..I thought for sure that LOTR was coming to that area, but SB would be a great replacement

Literally so much they could do