Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How about a Donkey Kong - 7dwarves ine train type of ride? is that what the mack system people keep throwing out is?

I wonder if this deal is the reason there was the theme change (that I hinted at) to a certain coming coaster a while back.

the only coasters i recal being spoke of were F&F - JP - & Iman

the bold is what i think you guys are speaking of

guys don't turn this into a kidzone thread ordeal with random speculation. Sean knows more than all of us and he just told us a triforce or properties being eyeballed, look at those plz

guys don't turn this into a kidzone thread ordeal with random speculation. Sean knows more than all of us and he just told us a triforce or properties being eyeballed, look at those plz

Oh god, don't put me on the spot like that.

The only thing I know is where it's going. And this is theme park "know", meaning it could change tomorrow if they were so inclined. I've been told what kind of attractions to expect, which are family-geared attractions. The properties are educated guesses from what's been hinted. Not a concrete representation of plans.

Still, I think it's a good idea to focus on the list HTF posted. Those are the big guns, and those would be the first things we should expect.

The Pokémon company is actually owned by Nintendo...its weird how it works out where they divided that IP into different company yet all owned by the same company.

I read somewhere where it was because of all of the projects that go along with it such as the trading card game and the anime/manga.

I don't think we'll see anything major for properties other than Mario/Zelda/Pokemon/Donkey Kong and maybe one other.

I can't see anything happening with Starfox, Kirby, Metroid (unless MIB becomes a Metroid style shooter?)

Oh god, don't put me on the spot like that.

The only thing I know is where it's going. And this is theme park "know", meaning it could change tomorrow if they were so inclined. I've been told what kind of attractions to expect, which are family-geared attractions. The properties are educated guesses from what's been hinted. Not a concrete representation of plans.

Still, I think it's a good idea to focus on the list HTF posted. Those are the big guns, and those would be the first things we should expect.

Well that's still more than any of us know lol. I think Nintendo accidentally just made universal pull a Disney by announcing this WAY too early. As you said everything is far from concrete it's basically a couple steps above blue sky at this point

I imagine Universal would have already had plans in place to show Nintendo before the deal was made...no?

In that case, they would be farther than the blue sky process

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but does anyone remember a Nintendo 64 game called Pokemon Snap? The premise was that you rode in a vehicle photographing various wild Pokemon. I have fond memories of it when I was a kid, and as far as a Pokemon ride goes, this would be a great excuse to make some awesome Pokemon AA's and create a new type of interactive ride experience. The odds of this happening are approximately zero, I'm sure, but it's a fun idea.

After all of this news...

Sophisticated-Cat.jpg

After all of this news...

Basically it is an RPG (Role Playing Game) where instead of having a classic fantasy party, you have wild fantasy animals that you find in the wild and capture them with your pokeball. Once they have been captured they are your minions and you can then battle with them. These pokemon can breed and evolve into new pokemon. For example Pikachu is actually a evolved for of Pichu. So it goes Pichu -> Pikachu -> Raichu. It is a pretty fun and addictive game and oddly enough the same game has been sold year after year with generally minor improvements like more pokemon. The latest incarnation is quite a bit different from the originals from my understanding. I've never really played it but have tons of friends who have and I used to watch the anime a lot. Only thing that stopped me from playing was having a gameboy/DS/3ds/etc.

I just have to say I think they might be making a mistake if they limit it to merchandise with Pokemon. I've talked to a substantial group of people, all of whom have brought up Pokemon as their first "YES PLEASE" when I mentioned it. It's a franchise many get extremely excited about...

I just have to say I think they might be making a mistake if they limit it to merchandise with Pokemon. I've talked to a substantial group of people, all of whom have brought up Pokemon as their first "YES PLEASE" when I mentioned it. It's a franchise many get extremely excited about...
My grandma used to call Pokeman "Baby Devils" :rofl:
I still to this day will have a heart for my Pokeball.
If they sell Pokeballs, I'm all in. They could even have a Pokeman Battle Hall.
Awesome Stuff!

Well that's still more than any of us know lol. I think Nintendo accidentally just made universal pull a Disney by announcing this WAY too early. As you said everything is far from concrete it's basically a couple steps above blue sky at this point

No. It's definitely past that point. They have a pretty good idea what they're doing. I jusy don't have a solid idea on what those plans are.

For a Mario Kart ride, I really think the idea someone else had pages ago(sorry, not going to hunt for the post, but feel free to chime in) where it would be similar to the Simpsons ride really may be the best idea. Have a large number of kart ride vehicles that fit a few people each, maybe like 6, and have them on their own motion base in a large dome screen. The individual karts could go up, down, spin, shake and do whatever. It would replicate the game experience fairly well imo.

The biggest hurdle to that is that the simpsons ride would be virtually next door. But, that could be worked around if they wanted to scrap the simpsons ride for a Simpsons "phase 2" with a dark ride tour of the nuke plant or whatever. Might even allow for better use of the land/MIB plot. Of course thats a lot of work just to basically replicate a ride. Not sure if its practical.

For a Mario Kart ride, I really think the idea someone else had pages ago(sorry, not going to hunt for the post, but feel free to chime in) where it would be similar to the Simpsons ride really may be the best idea. Have a large number of kart ride vehicles that fit a few people each, maybe like 6, and have them on their own motion base in a large dome screen. The individual karts could go up, down, spin, shake and do whatever. It would replicate the game experience fairly well imo.

The biggest hurdle to that is that the simpsons ride would be virtually next door. But, that could be worked around if they wanted to scrap the simpsons ride for a Simpsons "phase 2" with a dark ride tour of the nuke plant or whatever. Might even allow for better use of the land/MIB plot. Of course thats a lot of work just to basically replicate a ride. Not sure if its practical.

Yea, I think we're all thinking a bit small for something like this. Nintendo and Universal are gonna want to build something new for such a big property