Most Overrated WDW Attraction? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Most Overrated WDW Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd go TSMM overall but would agree that Soarin is also highly overrated. I enjoy both attractions fwiw though.

TSMM is built with kids in mind, if you see the faces of the little ones when they finish.
I enjoy going on it, dont enjoy the wait times though.
To me I think soaring is the worst, massive wait times for the exact same video over and over.
At least change it up now and again...

I've thought a lot about this. I say Soarin', because it's a good ride that's held up as the reason to go to Epcot. The lines, FP return times, etc just aren't worth it for the attraction.

Again I enjoy Soarin but over hyped doesn't mean bad.

Soarin is a very good ride. But it's not a "great ride". Expectations are for a great ride, so, like Test Track said, it doesn't meet the hype. Everest & Toy Story are in the same category, good but not the expected great.

TSMM is built with kids in mind, if you see the faces of the little ones when they finish.
I enjoy going on it, dont enjoy the wait times though.
To me I think soaring is the worst, massive wait times for the exact same video over and over.
At least change it up now and again...

That is what is wrong with Disney today (and Disney apologists in general). Walt invisioned a park that was for all to enjoy rides equally. Take a kid to Legoland and it thinks the castle is amazig. To make it amazing for all Disney invested a lot of money to build an impressive castle, even for adults. Now rides are more and more reduced to focus groups. And often parents or a part of the family stands by or are underwhelmed.
For instance, years ago I saw a dad and his son (about 8 years old) going on ToT. They both had the time of their lives and share that forever, that is an amazing Disney ride. But the Disney that once build those rides left years ago and it makes me sad and I don't even blame Disney, I blame their guests who seemingly don't care anymore about the legacy. It's all about instant gratification of anyone who is in charge of the cashbook, and if you dont know who that is then Disney reminds you that you are a bad parent for not paying for your daughters make-over, focus tested and mined from the 'magic'band.

Reactions: keeper and Blue
Peter Pan and space mountain. Peter Pan looks like a carnival ride through and through. From the AAs to the ridiculously awful audio (captain hooks voice lol) it's just bad. It doesn't help that it's wait times are one step above hell either, it's a childhood classic but it hasn't aged whatsoever.

As for space mountain good lord, I really want to love this ride so much but I can't. Insanely jerky, barely any scenery (besides cool queue minus games) and it's overall just a bleh experience. Go on the DL version to see the true SM experience. Honorable mention rockin roller coaster

Carousel of Progress

They seriously brought this piece of crap to the Worlds Fair? Talk about not living up to the hype

Reactions: UNIrd
Peter Pan and space mountain. Peter Pan looks like a carnival ride through and through. From the AAs to the ridiculously awful audio (captain hooks voice lol) it's just bad. It doesn't help that it's wait times are one step above hell either, it's a childhood classic but it hasn't aged whatsoever.

As for space mountain good lord, I really want to love this ride so much but I can't. Insanely jerky, barely any scenery (besides cool queue minus games) and it's overall just a bleh experience. Go on the DL version to see the true SM experience. Honorable mention rockin roller coaster
I completely agree. Could never see the love for Space Mt. Not only doesn't it live up to the hype, but the ride sucks, it's too bumpy & uncomfortable. I like Pan, a pure nostalgia like, but the ride is put together very poor and looks cheap as all hell. But they did do some nice changes to the queue. In fact, the queue is probably better than the ride now.

Reactions: Cole
How can anyone say the Carousel of Progress is overrated and a bad ride?!?! I love this ride but not once have I heard "Man I can't wait for our first trip to Magic Kingdom!! Kids what do you want to do first?" "CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS OF COURSE!!!"

Yep...I was totally kidding

In all seriousness...I'd say Space Mountain, maybe TSMM. The Space Mountain in Disneyland is a truly awesome ride, but in MK's version is outdated and hurts...Matterhorn style almost.

But... But... Space Mountain is so nostalgic and it's easily my favorite queue line at the park.

Nothing beats the Star Tunnel music.

Reactions: Stitchie
Soarin is horrible. There is no story, no transitions between scene's. It's just a demo reel that could have been an attraction but isn't. The fact it's Always crowded is a statment that the rest of the park is in horrible shape.
Not every attraction necessarily has to have a complex story tied to it or even one at all.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I would say Soarin. I was going to say TSMM, but at least that attraction does have a great queue and a very impressive Audio Animatronic of Mr. Potato Head. Soarin was the worst queue of any Disney attraction, and I do not consider it a E-ticket like so many seem to think it is. I consider it to be on the same level as O Canada or Reflections of China, which are also travelogues but do at least have more interesting waiting areas than Soarin.