Most Overrated WDW Attraction? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Most Overrated WDW Attraction?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^Woah...the original? That’s bold. Obviously everyone hated Journey Into Your Imagination.

I never rode it but from POVs I saw, was Horizons really that good? So many people seemed to have the same feelings about it closing that I do about Dragons. I guess I miss the original Test Track, but ditto with WoM. So I guess I don’t have quite the same longing for “old Epcot” that so many people do—well aside from Wonders of Life, but at least something is actually going there soon.

Really would love to see CC-style Inside Out show in the Imagination theater!

Last edited:
^Woah...the original? That’s bold. Obviously everyone hated Journey Into Your Imagination.

I never rode it but from POVs I saw, was Horizons really that good? So many people seemed to have the same feelings about it closing that I do about Dragons. I guess I miss the original Test Track, but ditto with WoM. So I guess I don’t have quite the same longing for “old Epcot” that so many people do—well aside from Wonders of Life, but at least something is actually going there soon.

Horizons was a cool showcase of technology, and an "answer" to Carousel of Progress....Mission Space certainly doesn't live up...But I remember Horizons and SE feeling very similar back in the day..The most Epcot-y ride to me will always be Living With the Land

To get off topic a bit - I started with world's fairs in '64 so I saw the original MK attractions in their native form. I was a kid but it set my life on a track that continues to this day. Went to Montreal in '67 and Spokane in '74 (had great parents). Saw MK open in '71 and EPCOT in '83 so I have seen the best and worst to this day.

The feeling of entering EPCOT in '83 was the same as any of the world's fairs. It even had the videophone that I saw in NY '64. What a fantastic place! Still think ISAW is the worst attraction alive today but those that never saw WoM or Horizons in their heyday never had the chance to see world's fairs either.

It was new tech before we had the internet to know what new tech was.

Last edited:
To get off topic a bit - I started with world's fairs in '64 so I saw the original MK attractions in their native form. I was a kid but it set my life on a track that continues to this day. Went to Montreal in '67 and Spokane in '74 (had great parents). Saw MK open in '71 and EPCOT in '83 so I have seen the best and worst to this day.

The feeling of entering EPCOT in '83 was the same as any of the world's fairs. It even had the videophone that I saw in NY '64. What a fantastic place! Still think ISAW is the worst attraction alive today but those that never saw WoM or Horizons in their heyday never had the chance to see world's fairs either.

It was new tech before we had the internet to know what new tech was.
This is actually a very interesting point...A lot of these attractions existed before their was a computer in every home...Therefore the "wow" factor was bigger than when I saw Horizons in the 90's..

Granted I was also, like 7 at the time haha

Yes the original Journey into Imagination and Horizons were that good. Dreamfinder with Figment was a much much better story than any of the pretenders, it also allowed Figment to be much more imaginative instead of what he is now. Instead of being a pesk, he was something that was created from imagination and was taught of all the different ways imagination can be used.

Spaceship Earth is where we came from as a people, Carousel of Progress is where we came from and a little of where we are going as a person, and Horizons is a little bit of where we came from but mostly about where we are going as a people and all the amazing things that could be in our future. It fantastically used AA's, Screens, Backdrops, and was the first interactive ride where you chose what your future was. It was an all encompassing wonderful ride.

While I'm at it, there was a while that I did not like Small World. Then I learned more about its history, paid attention to the story that I really think is great, and also started paying more attention to all the details in it. The song can get annoying and it seems really simple, but I feel after learning more about it and taking in all those details it really is a great ride and one of my favorites.