Revenge of the Mummy Refurb? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Revenge of the Mummy Refurb?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This happened alot back in May. I don't know if it's when the pacing of load and unload changes, and they have too may cars on track

Yea. Timing issues have nothing to do with a refurb. Everything to do with load/unloading speeds.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath on a big refurb. I think there's a bigger chance Mummy gets replaced or rethemed than gets refurbed.

Weren't they going to reboot The Mummy again? For some reason I remember hearing this from somewhere.

If this is the case then I see it keeping everything and being rethemed.

Weren't they going to reboot The Mummy again? For some reason I remember hearing this from somewhere.

If this is the case then I see it keeping everything and being rethemed.

If theres a good analogy, its the Pacific Rim II of horror films. Its a film that is in development hell that will probably be canceled in the future.

Rode last week and boy does this thing need some love. Experienced lots of issues such as timing, water spray in scarab room, brightness in the turntable and even no audio in the turntable at one point. Hope this ride is getting up there on Universal's maintenance list...

This happened alot back in May. I don't know if it's when the pacing of load and unload changes, and they have too may cars on track

When a disabled person is on ride both load and unload have to be on same side that causes cars to stack at "cup of coffee"
Normally they swap sides You load at one side and unload on other side.

But a disabled person can't climb stairs over track.

Yea. Timing issues have nothing to do with a refurb. Everything to do with load/unloading speeds.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath on a big refurb. I think there's a bigger chance Mummy gets replaced or rethemed than gets refurbed.

I unfortunately don't see Mummy getting a refurb either. I feel like if Universal is going to have to drop money on that building, they may want it going towards a more popular and modern IP to attract guests.

With all of the expansions, I can't see a replacement or a "long" refurb for a number of years. That would be a lot of capacity to lose while all of this other stuff (Disaster, Twister, Kid Zone) is shut down.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Mummy is a fairly new, major ride. It would be setting a precedent to take it down. Seems like it still has time left in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that Mummy is a fairly new, major ride. It would be setting a precedent to take it down. Seems like it still has time left in it.

Its been open for about 11 years, which is ironicly longer than Disaster! but shorter than Twister. I wouldn't discourage the possibility of retheming it with new trains, and a new theme entirely.

The right time to do a big refurb would be between Fallon/Furious and Nintendo.

I agree with that entirely. It makes sense that a major retheme occurs during that amount of time that'd keep the layout but bring new trains, a new theme and new effects. It'd also possibly allow UC to give the ride a proper theme in the New York setting.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Disaster is a bad comparrison since that is jsut an ovderlay to the main ride that lasted 25 years. But Kong lasted 12 years to make room for mummy. After Nintendo is done unless they want to move into the plot next to MiB they would either have to close Mummy or MiB since I'm assuming ET will stay until at least Spielberg dies.

Disaster is a bad comparrison since that is jsut an ovderlay to the main ride that lasted 25 years. But Kong lasted 12 years to make room for mummy. After Nintendo is done unless they want to move into the plot next to MiB they would either have to close Mummy or MiB since I'm assuming ET will stay until at least Spielberg dies.
Mummy and MIB should be safe for a long time. After Nintendo is Avengers and Ministry of Magic, and I imagine they'll want to add more things to IOA.

How about a retheme to The Magical Congress of the United States?

Rode the Mummy yesterday. It had the smoothest stops at both places that ive ever had on the ride. No jurking at all. This is by far my fav ride in all of universal. Theres no need for a retheme. And to the comments some time back yes they are making a new movie and the mummy is rumored to be a woman.

Reactions: Blue and Mad Dog