SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
These announcements are great. Mako next year and the Sea Rescue family dark ride for 2017. Plus more rides and attractions for 2018, 2019, and 2020. The onsite hotels are also a sound business move. Hope Aquatica gets a new ride or two during this time period as well. This is definitely a very positive step in the right direction.
It also looks like they may be lowering the price for tickets online and/or at the gate.

There has been some land clearing over by Aquatica too. I think they should make SeaWorld a parking garage across the street and use the current parking lot for expansion. That would free up so much room!

There has been some land clearing over by Aquatica too. I think they should make SeaWorld a parking garage across the street and use the current parking lot for expansion. That would free up so much room!

That would require a complete new entrance and probably cost more than they want to spend. They do have a lot of room for expansion though. Really looking forward to their expansion plans and to see what direction they take.

That would require a complete new entrance and probably cost more than they want to spend. They do have a lot of room for expansion though. Really looking forward to their expansion plans and to see what direction they take.

I believe it was behind the thrills who said this in one of their rumor reports (though I could be wrong) but I heard that they eventually wanted an Explorer's Reef type entrance at all 3 SeaWorlds. Texas has already announced that they will have a new entrance next year, so if they already have plans for a new entrance, they could make it work. But I'd imagine they would have to put an attraction between the entrance and the rest of the park because their would be a lot of room. If they ever did make a parking garage, I'd imagine it would be long down the road. But I would love them having all that land to work with. Just wishful thinking.

Reactions: erwinalber4
Didn't SeaWorld get its current entrance shortly before or around the time JTA opened? I think the Explorer's Reef looks cool but I love the lighthouse. I just wish they'd paint the whales on it again.

Reactions: Chicagoshannon
I believe it was behind the thrills who said this in one of their rumor reports (though I could be wrong) but I heard that they eventually wanted an Explorer's Reef type entrance at all 3 SeaWorlds. Texas has already announced that they will have a new entrance next year, so if they already have plans for a new entrance, they could make it work.
Eh... I doubt the Orlando entrance will be replaced anytime soon. The reason the others are being replaced is their current ones are terrible and just look bad with nothing thematic about them. Orlando has a thematically sound entrance that is works well enough that it does not need a large investment.

Eh... I doubt the Orlando entrance will be replaced anytime soon. The reason the others are being replaced is their current ones are terrible and just look bad with nothing thematic about them. Orlando has a thematically sound entrance that is works well enough that it does not need a large investment.

You say "thematically sound", I say "it gets by".

I really hope they do something with the entrance. It hasn't aged very well and doesn't really look inviting to me. Love the Lighthouse, but everything else can go :poop:.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn

I really hope they do something with the entrance. It hasn't aged very well and doesn't really look inviting to me. Love the Lighthouse, but everything else can go :poop:.

Im looking forward to a podcast discussion about this.

I agree completely. I basically said the same thing you did but in a more positive way.

The fact is other areas of the work desperately need investment more than the front area, even if it does just "get by."

I agree completely. I basically said the same thing you did but in a more positive way.

The fact is other areas of the work desperately need investment more than the front area, even if it does just "get by."

I would agree other areas need work, but the entrance is the selling point IMO. It's what starts your adventure.

I would agree other areas need work, but the entrance is the selling point IMO. It's what starts your adventure.

I agree. The entrance is nice, but I feel it could be a lot better. I rather like the concept of Explorer's Reef. I do think Wild Arctic needs the update much more, but maybe the entrance will be one of the minor attractions.

So the rumor going around SWO is that Wild Arctic will not be coming back after it switches to The Polar Express for the season. I believe I heard that this is TPE's last year so it would make sense for WA to go down after the holiday season. If they plan to have the new minor ride open by 2017, work on the new ride would need to begin soon. The WA building is very large so it's possible they could just renovate the building to save on costs.

This makes sense all around. I heard they lose the rights to TPE at some point (may have been 2016) and they no longer have a polar bear which was the main draw to that area. Honestly it has really lost its vibe in the last year with no polar bear. It never had a ton to offer to begin with. So I think redoing that area will be really good and for this to be a "minor" ride I think it is a good area to pick and redo.

I have a feeling that this is how the resort expansion will work (hotel wise):

1. The Renaissance Hotel across the street will the bought by them to be turned into their premium hotel with small theming elements added to the whole place while some rooms will be turned into premium spaces themed to rides or properties like Atlantis or Sesame Street.

2. a. One of the surrounding budget hotels will be bought and have some rooms themed directly to attractions or properties (less so than the premium hotel) and the hotel as a whole will have a change in name with some blue paint added.
[or]
b. They build a new budget hotel next to Aquatica that is either mostly or completely themed to the park (mostly with paint) which will have some rooms themed directly to...(you get it).

Anyone have anything to add? Critique?

Reactions: erwinalber4
I'm not very creative so when I think of a large parking structure, I can't think of anything but the set up that Universal have with the travelators going to and from the parks. Since they would have to go over I-Drive, they would probably want to cover the walk way. A travelator/walk through aquarium would be a fantastic experience.

1642574402.jpg

I've also just realised they would have to move the entrance. but what a great entrance to the park it would be, with the giant lake in front of you. From a transport point of view as well, it may make things easier getting there by bus.

Reactions: anihilnation
Anyone think that one of these new major or minor attractions could be a new show for the old A'Lure (current seasonal, including O Wondrous Night) theater?

Did anyone notice under the ticket section that they look to be getting rid of the fun pass. It looks to be moving to an annual pass only model.

Did anyone notice under the ticket section that they look to be getting rid of the fun pass. It looks to be moving to an annual pass only model.
I'm not completely sure but it looks to me that the Fun Pass is being turned into their standard annual pass in that the new standard pass will be a full year but with very limited benefits that are on par with what Fun Pass had.