Universal Parks Reviving Classic Monsters? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks Reviving Classic Monsters?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah I know, I should've been more clear about that.

I'm just worried that since USH is closing Mummy, it may happen here too.
I currently take a physics class in high school and my teacher is friends with someone who works at uso and said that mummy will be closing sometime around 2018. He also said the replacement would be some sort of show based on a modern musical artist or band I hate modern music

I currently take a physics class in high school and my teacher is friends with someone who works at uso and said that mummy will be closing sometime around 2018. He also said the replacement would be some sort of show based on a modern musical artist or band I hate modern music

While I don't have any insider information (I could, but I've never felt comfortable asking him and/or putting him in awkward position seeing as he's a friend) I will tell you take that with a HUGE grain of salt. If/when they replace The Mummy, I'm sure it will be with something far more high profile than a show.

While I don't have any insider information (I could, but I've never felt comfortable asking him and/or putting him in awkward position seeing as he's a friend) I will tell you take that with a HUGE grain of salt. If/when they replace The Mummy, I'm sure it will be with something far more high profile than a show.
Wait..... Is this Mr. H..... ? From physics class?

Reactions: Teebin
I'd hate to lose The Mummy it's honestly still one of my favorite attractions in the park, I'd like an update maybe but not replaced. As another said, I'd also lose my mind if Shrek outlives it.
On another note I've always wanted a Great Movie Ride Style Classic Monsters attraction.

The rumor on IU is that Diagon is going in that space.
While Diagon is great and all, it only has 1 ride and to somehow manage to get the HE to work in that park, it'd be going from lower lot to upper lot, which is not easy feat.

Diagon is great and all, but i'd rather see them build Nintendo there first since the park already will have Potter and is small as it is.

Reactions: Mike S
No way that can fit there (can it?). I agree with @Next Big Thing, put Nintendo there. It's one thing to have two HP lands across two parks. It's a whole other beast having two in one small park.

The rumor is that Mummy and the surrounding soundstages north of that would be removed for expanding the lower lots footprint.

The soundstages are easy to move, as there is space in the backlot; but yes, you would be losing a attraction for the time being.

The rumor is that Mummy and the surrounding soundstages north of that would be removed for expanding the lower lots footprint.

The soundstages are easy to move, as there is space in the backlot; but yes, you would be losing a attraction for the time being.
Yeah, but what are we really getting as a replacement? Diagon only brings one ride... which, while an upgrade over Mummy, it's virtually just replacing that ride and adding a mall. From Comcast's perspective, i'm sure it's worth it, but realistically, it just seems like it's too much Potter for a small park and not enough being actually "added" to be worth it.