Universal Parks Reviving Classic Monsters? | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Parks Reviving Classic Monsters?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 24, 2013
Ocean Trader Market
So with Universal reviving their classic monsters on film, think it'll have any impact on their presence in the parks? Considering USH is closing The Mummy (based on the Fraser films) and them reviving these monsters, they'll have to have something in store right?

Source: Universal Monsters

Last edited:
Shadowing what Skip said, if the Mummy reboot isn't a hit, I am starting to think that Mummy would be on life-support.

I'm not saying that its going to leave as soon as the film bombs or doesn't preform well, but its something that would take time.

Maybe if they're able to stay on the classic end and capture that magic they had, they'll be big. They got Tom Cruise signed on to The Mummy, I think that's a pretty big deal. There are talks of Angelina Jolie being cast for Bride of Frankenstein and ScarJo to star in Creature of the Black Lagoon.

They got a gold mine with these classic monsters, I just hope they do them right. Especially if they want to do an "Avengers-style" universe where they all come together.

Reactions: Mike S and Macfr3ak
Maybe if they're able to stay on the classic end and capture that magic they had, they'll be big. They got Tom Cruise signed on to The Mummy, I think that's a pretty big deal. There are talks of Angelina Jolie being cast for Bride of Frankenstein and ScarJo to star in Creature of the Black Lagoon.

They got a gold mine with these classic monsters, I just hope they do them right. Especially if they want to do an "Avengers-style" universe where they all come together.

I'll say that I have hope that Mummy does well; but I think that the fact that the film has been delayed so many times, and with the reputation of Alex Kurtzman being..not the best, it makes me think that Mummy can bomb. Especially if they don't do it the right way.

Cruise is still pretty strong at the box office. He has carried some incredibly mediocre movies to box office success. I'm no fan of his, but I would bet the movie does well with him on the marque.

Hmmm, Wouldn't it make some sense during filming to have Cruise film some scenes for the existing mummy ride and just splice out the Brendan Fraser stuff? Should be relatively cheap and easy way to update it for the new movies.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
So with Universal reviving their classic monsters on film, think it'll have any impact on their presence in the parks? Considering USH closed The Mummy (based on the Fraser films) and them reviving these monsters, they'll have to have something in store right?

Source: Universal Monsters

Wait.. USH closed The Mummy?

If Mummy is completely redone or closed to put in something different before Shrek is torn out, I think I may lose my mind.

Shrek recently saw some upgrades so... yeah. But I know $45 million is chump change these days (I think that's reportedly what Mummy was built for) but I would think they are still good on that investment for at least a few more years. ESPECIALLY with the crowds set to descend on Potter. Why close it now?