Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So we are getting spiderman/transformers 2.0?

If there is one thing I'd like to see (since we know it won't be that fast) is to at least have some practical effects involving fire, maybe a sudden busted hydrant etc.

I am just guessing and tossing ideas out there. I have no idea where this project is at or if it has changed at all. I would imagine the queues remain the same.

Reactions: Mike S
My GF is the brains of the outfit. It's her smart phone! On another subject, Sunday night had a few drinks with a prominent insider who shall remain nameless, and he said one of the main reasons for the delay on Hulk is that BM is having issues with a large portion of the back end of the coaster.. just to throw that possibility out there.....We are having such a great time I haven't even had a chance to care about Kong. Also spent 2 nights partying with UK Trigg and his girlfriend. Signing out from our bay view villa room at Portifino Bay! Good night til the next post!

We sure did Party :cheers:
Welcome back buddy .

Last edited:
So we are getting spiderman/transformers 2.0?

If there is one thing I'd like to see (since we know it won't be that fast) is to at least have some practical effects involving fire, maybe a sudden busted hydrant etc.

I think it's sounding more like Reign of Kong 2.0, honestly. Supposedly the same ride system, same idea of expanding a centerpiece 360 sequence into a more full experience, etc. Though it's also likely going to lack an outdoor portion and similar grand and extensive sets.

Is it just me or between this and kong, does it seem like their focus is on huge people eater attractions? Large vehicles to get as many people through the queue as possible. Could the long range plans show they are going to have a space crunch and with all of the added guests they want to attract, they are future thinking and designing rides to handle the crowds regardless how it fits the theme of the franchise?

Yep. Universal knows they have a land and capacity issue. If they are going to grow their attendance they know they need high capacity rides.

I'm all for high capacity rides where it makes sense. Kong for example works because you're on a bus on a tour of Skull Island, using the same tech for F&F on the other hand, they seem to be putting higher capacity at the cost of the ride experience or the ride experience we'd expect for the IP.

I'm all for high capacity rides where it makes sense. Kong for example works because you're on a bus on a tour of Skull Island, using the same tech for F&F on the other hand, they seem to be putting higher capacity at the cost of the ride experience or the ride experience we'd expect for the IP.

I agree. I am not into the F&F ride and concept at this point either.

if they make this ride to its full potential , universal could be back in the debate for being the better park

And you think Nintendo wouldn't be more for that debate than F&F? Considering Nintendo's rumored to be more groundbreaking than Fast and Furious just by its rumors?

Fast and Furious is to me, the Transformers of these next few years. It will fit its purpose, and will act as a means to get as many people off the streets as it can.

And you think Nintendo wouldn't be more for that debate than F&F? Considering Nintendo's rumored to be more groundbreaking than Fast and Furious just by its rumors?

Fast and Furious is to me, the Transformers of these next few years. It will fit its purpose, and will act as a means to get as many people off the streets as it can.
I think we're underestimating how good this ride might be I guess only time will tell all that space can't be for nothing

I think we're underestimating how good this ride might be I guess only time will tell all that space can't be for nothing

After riding the Hollywood iteration, I placed F&F with low expectations. I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong; but in a way, i'd compare it as this.

When on the Studio Tour at USH, as Kong ends everyone cheers. And trust me; most of the time's I've gone through the animation there has been atleast four to nine cheers by any certain tram car. But with F&F, because of it being similar to Kong; it just gives a shrug.

That's not to say its not the better animation. Personally; I perfer the 360 aspect of F&F MUCH more than Kong, but Kong is still the better experience as it isn't something you expected. My hope with Supercharged, as I have stated in the past; is of possibly bringing practical effects not just in certain ride scenes before the 360, but when you enter the 360 scene.

That, is the only way I see this being a good attraction. Just like Kong, it mixes robotic technology but with the 3D technology one would expect.

Reactions: 12th Man and Mike S
I think their biggest accomplishment with F&F is the simulated speed with their giant Studio Tour tram. You would never think you could feel a thrill on that thing but thanks to that and Kong, you kinda do. The major fault though is the animation. It's reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto. It's fine for a Studio Tour addition, but it shouldn't be the centerpiece of a major new attraction.

I think their biggest accomplishment with F&F is the simulated speed with their giant Studio Tour tram. You would never think you could feel a thrill on that thing but thanks to that and Kong, you kinda do. The major fault though is the animation. It's reminiscent of Grand Theft Auto. It's fine for a Studio Tour addition, but it shouldn't be the centerpiece of a major new attraction.

This.

I personally hope that they are more planning on reworking this for a Gringotts type attraction, as that's what I think would make the perfect F&F attraction. Give enough of a thrill aspect but also the simulated aspect that worked out extremely well for USH's iteration.

Will it? I doubt it, but its a hope I have.