Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 472 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've never seen a POV of any attraction that would lead me to believe the attraction was out of the ordinary, let alone outstanding. I use them for information purposes only. Of the attractions that I've seen on You Tube and those I actually have experienced, there is absolutely no comparison. You Tube videos can't recreate the experience. Every attraction I've ever watched on You Tube seemed very ordinary to me. SpiderMan, FJ, Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Gringotts, and the list goes on, all seemed nothing special on You Tube or a video. So I really pay little attention to them except for a snippet or two where I can see something like the Kong AA that looks realistic. Just my opinion though....I'd much rather hear what people's experiences and reviews of an attraction that is running without breakdowns or issues are. I give those much much more weight.

Then just look at the comments on the POV

It's not just a couple of people. Most are along these lines, "Universal Studios, also known as screenland."

People will defend Disney until the end anything that challenges that will be looked at as inferior..

Universal could have built the new Pirates in Shanghai and people would have called it screen heavy...Complaining and comparing is just their m.o.

Then just look at the comments on the POV

It's not just a couple of people. Most are along these lines, "Universal Studios, also known as screenland."

Most of the people that view ITM are "Die-Hard Disney Fans". While I don't disagree that there are quite a bit of Screen-based mapping, the way they are doing it is absolutely great in how they make it seamless.

And we should be listening to the people (not saying all) that have ridden It, multiple times too so we can get a perspective of the ride from their perspective.

This ride isn't perfect - especially when it's running in B-mode because of weather.

And that's an intended way for it to operate, so you can't say it's a glitch or bad luck.

And while that takes away the experience, it may also add somewhat a case of Re-rideability for those that can get multiple chances to ride ROK during their Vacation.

So, who among the OU twitterererer were able to ride today?

For OU Staff, BriMan and Hate (Andy) got to go to Skull Island.

And the 360 ends and pretty much the whole truck sees the blank screen.

That's a crap transition and I'm not sure why there's no "outro" to match the intro to the scene which is comparatively a very effective transition.

If there was one complaint I'd give, its that. I wish there is a transition that's better than what was after the 360 room (not talking of the AA), as it just feels...off to me.

And the 360 ends and pretty much the whole truck sees the blank screen.

That's a crap transition and I'm not sure why there's no "outro" to match the intro to the scene which is comparatively a very effective transition.
Agreed about the 360, everything else is great but it was not dark enough after it ended, I don't know if that was only for the truck I was on but it was too bright.

Reactions: Mike S
I gotta say what a quick turn around for Kong. Just the other sy they were having all sorts of issues and now it's ready for softs I'm pretty impressed by universal right now

Mind I remind you that you was one of the people that was saying of all the issues?

People will defend Disney until the end anything that challenges that will be looked at as inferior..

Universal could have built the new Pirates in Shanghai and people would have called it screen heavy...Complaining and comparing is just their m.o.

Exactly. And to me, that's what makes me worried about Avatar and SWL; on that people may shrug it off because its "Disney" for the fans.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mike S
So no photo op at all? Can't remember if Teebin said anything about it, and it would be one of the few headline attractions without some sort of on ride or pre/post ride photo op.

Reactions: Ryno27
I believe this is the NO SPOILERS thread...It was. I think.
This ride sounds like a flop. Complete and utter failure by UC. Sounds like people are calling it Rip Ride Rockit Dos.
How could we've been let-down so badly? :dance:

Reactions: Mike S
Not going to read to much into, however it was a primary Disney based site that filmed and released that video and are pulling people from their primarily Disney based Facebook page (where it seemed the queue "controversy" seemed to start at that). Every other comment is comparing Universal to Disney and claiming Disney is better. My favorite was someone claiming WWoHP is a flop as well and would have been better if Disney built it. So yeah, the target audience the video is being aimed at is far from unbiased.
Lol, if Disney were the ones to do HP Hogsmeade would be coming out next year.