Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 601 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Haven't been on this yet, but it really sounds like they shouldn't use the front row or maybe they should have put the first two rows facing backwards?
Having the first few rows facing backwards would've been a great way to deal with this. They would've missed the first sight of Kong at the end but his last animation would've been in perfect view to compensate.

IDK if posted but rode today and saw how Express works in queue.

Express and Single Riders use the same line. In the witch room, the Express queue now merges in the last switchback of the regular line while Single riders continue on like normal.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
There were numerous OU posters on both Kong threads that gave the "go right" tip early on. Good ride info is available if readers keep up with the threads. It helps to avoid bad experiences. :)
While tips are nice, 99% of visitors are not on message boards or anything like that to where they would know to "go right". So this is not a problem of people not keeping up, Universal has to take the fall for this one. They are the ones that decided having people face what pretty much equates to a wall for the entire ride was to make a good ride experience.

While tips are nice, 99% of visitors are not on message boards or anything like that to where they would know to "go right". So this is not a problem of people not keeping up, Universal has to take the fall for this one. They are the ones that decided having people face what pretty much equates to a wall for the entire ride was to make a good ride experience.

Completely agree. I am very thankful for the knowledge and insights this board offers, but this really sounds like a blunder. When I first saw the concept art, I really thought there were benches running the length of the truck and not rows.

Anyway, I feel bad for anyone that would wait over 30 minutes just to end up in row one...it's not like they just load people into the stationary benches on DM unless requested...

Reactions: Nick and Mike S
When I first posted that going right was the most important thing I learned, I should have clarified it was the most important thing I learned reading this thread.

I'm glad you brought it up again, because when you said it was the first time I saw it. And I'm sure not going to search through 600 pages. hahaha. :)

IDK if posted but rode today and saw how Express works in queue.

Express and Single Riders use the same line. In the witch room, the Express queue now merges in the last switchback of the regular line while Single riders continue on like normal.

So then with Express you get the whole line experience from the witch and on? I was hoping they would do something like this for express. I wasn't sure that I wanted to use express next time I went. My wife kids haven't gone on yet and I didn't want them miss the queue with express but I also don't want to wait over an hour to go on it.

Reactions: Mike S
2 days ago I went and pretty much bypassed all the queue stuff all together. Just walked past the witch room without going in. But today it was different. Went into the witch room to the front of it right away and then into the room with the big slug thing.

2 days ago I went and pretty much bypassed all the queue stuff all together. Just walked past the witch room without going in. But today it was different. Went into the witch room to the front of it right away and then into the room with the big slug thing.
It depends on the time of day. EPA and the first hour or so of the park being will just have Express going straight through the single riders line.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
It depends on the time of day. EPA and the first hour or so of the park being will just have Express going straight through the single riders line.

Yep makes sense. Went on at around 1:00 in the afternoon on Express and went through the regular part with the witch, slug etc. Posted wait time was 60 minutes, waited maybe 20. There were a lot of scared/crying kids too.

I gotta say, I was underwhelmed by Kong my first go around on it. I was in the front row. But I grew to like it even more each time I rode. My last ride today I was in the 2nd to last row and that was by far my best time on it. I'm sure this stuff was discussed but I was trying to avoid spoilers.

I rode ROK for the first time on Monday and on the 360 part, there was this black fence on the left side. Is that normal? If it is that really sucks.

They put me in the front row and I asked them to move me and the castmember put me towards the back.

Last edited:
I rode ROK for the first time on Monday and on the 360 part, there was this black fence on the left side. Is that normal? If it is that really sucks.

They put me in the front row and I asked them to move me and the castmember put me towards the back.

That's part of the motion base. I always wondered why they wouldn't place fake plants and shrubbery to hide the motion base, I'm sure they could make it work.

EDIT: Just realized that it wouldn't make sense when you're supposed to be moving around a lot but the plants are staying still.

Yep makes sense. Went on at around 1:00 in the afternoon on Express and went through the regular part with the witch, slug etc. Posted wait time was 60 minutes, waited maybe 20. There were a lot of scared/crying kids too.

I gotta say, I was underwhelmed by Kong my first go around on it. I was in the front row. But I grew to like it even more each time I rode. My last ride today I was in the 2nd to last row and that was by far my best time on it. I'm sure this stuff was discussed but I was trying to avoid spoilers.
This ride seems to be a lot like Gringotts', where seating gives you a different experience. This is going to be one of those attractions, like Gringotts', that get's more enjoyable the more you ride it. And that's the way great rides are.