Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I saw a billboard for Hulk (one of those electronic ones) and since I only saw it fast before it changed I didn't get it all, but I believe it was something clever like the "The SMASH hit returns!". So there you go, they're advertising the new headbanging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel and Journey_On
So funny, when I lock the restraints on a steel coaster, it's as if I immediately stared in the eyes of a basilisk. I couldn't be shaken around no matter what. :)

Well, according to HP if you stare into the eyes of a basilisk, you're dead.. so true!

basilisk-1423232120-1455200116.gif

Reactions: JoeCamel and Mike S
So like remember the wires that were on the fins at the end of the tunnel?? What happened? Is it not going to light up?

So like remember the wires that were on the fins at the end of the tunnel?? What happened? Is it not going to light up?

Maybe they are saving that to turn on once the initial opening rush dies off. They are still there just not being used and I am not sure the wiring was ever finished.

I saw a billboard for Hulk (one of those electronic ones) and since I only saw it fast before it changed I didn't get it all, but I believe it was something clever like the "The SMASH hit returns!". So there you go, they're advertising the new headbanging.

"Headaches are Universal"

Can't wait to experience this for myself in a few weeks. Was very excited about all the work being done, but can't believe there's even a question about smoothness/comfort after all this.

Rode this a couple times over the weekend. A couple things...First, thank God this is back. IOA just wouldn't be the same without Hulk roaring over it. Loved the new entrance and courtyard area, I think this was subtly one of the best improvements. We stayed on-site so we were fortunate enough to use Express. We didn't have to wait inside the queue for long but man is it still hot in there. No idea why they didn't install more fans. With regards to the story, not sure why they just play the video right before you board and not throughout the entire queue, but I think it serves its purpose just fine. With regards to the soundtrack, we rode in row 8 on one ride and I couldn't even hear it until the brake run towards the end. Speaking of the brake run, it definitely seemed like you slow down more. I thought it was pretty smooth so can't relate to those who are saying it's rough.

Reactions: Scott W.
Happiness is Hulk with a 5 minute wait time :)

Found if you brace your feet it cuts out the head banging.

Staff is opening lockers for guests all the time but not verifying if locker contents is theirs. Be careful.

Reactions: Joel
Happiness is Hulk with a 5 minute wait time :)

Found if you brace your feet it cuts out the head banging.

Staff is opening lockers for guests all the time but not verifying if locker contents is theirs. Be careful.

I like the idea someone else posted on the forums awhile back.. I always take out my license and place it at the very front so the attendant will see it right away.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Yes I had my locker opened Sunday and this the first thing I was asked. Did I have identification in there. And doesn't the name of the person on the ticket come up on the screen?

Reactions: Joel
I've always wondered, would just having a picture of yourself on your phone count as identification if someone doesn't have or lost any official IDs?

Just managed to ride there before the rain started.

It was a bit smoother and that's all I can really say about it.

I'm actually growing a bit concerned about the current direction Universal is taking but I'll make a post about this later.

Currently holed up in the discovery centre at JP waiting for the storm to pass.

F3BARLOh.jpg