Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

If it is in Disney Springs they can mention Marvel because they are advertising the movie itself. I can't imagine Marvel would have signed a contract where they can't advertise their own movies. That would just be silly. They just can't advertise them within an amusement park.
I'm pretty Sure they can mention/advertise both Marvel and Doctor Strange in DS...

Apparently not, seeing how the Avengers monorail got banned from the Epcot beam

Disney Springs isn't a theme park and even has a Marvel store.
Super-Hero-Headquarters_Full_23984.jpg

Because it went INTO a theme park. Disney Springs is not a theme park. It is a shopping mall. Again, Marvel/Disney can advertise their own movies anywhere they want as long as it is not within a theme park. They can use Marvel logos or anything else when advertising a movie. Marvel would have been dumb to sign a contract that wouldn't let them advertise their own movies within 300 miles of Universal.

Or give up their theme park rights in perpetuity. ;)

That wasn't a dumb move. Marvel was never going to get into the theme park making business. So they have no issues giving up their rights to something they would never build themselves. It gave them money and that is what they wanted. The issue was Disney bought them and they are in the theme park making business. But at the time, Marvel was not thinking of selling or really care how it effects another company if they did get bought out.

That wasn't a dumb move. Marvel was never going to get into the theme park making business. So they have no issues giving up their rights to something they would never build themselves. It gave them money and that is what they wanted. The issue was Disney bought them and they are in the theme park making business. But at the time, Marvel was not thinking of selling or really care how it effects another company if they did get bought out.
Except they only did in perpetuity to one of their many deals... so clearly there was an interest to not allow them forever in the other contracts and they realized the potential decrease in future value (via licensing for future theme park rights/negotiations). They were just desperate for cash. And we know what desperate times call for...

For what it's worth, you could now cross Doc Strange much like GOtG as Benedict Cumberbatch himself has confirmed that he will also be apart of the Infinity War..that is unless, a contract has been made.

Yes but my point is that it's only the Marvel name restriction like at Disneyland. Not the same as the inpark restrictions.

Lot more restrictions than just the brand name. Can't be too Marvel, else it risks being mistaken for The Marvel Universe. Which can't be built so close to IoA.

I'm sure that's why Universal requested the redecoration.

For what it's worth, you could now cross Doc Strange much like GOtG as Benedict Cumberbatch himself has confirmed that he will also be apart of the Infinity War..that is unless, a contract has been made.

Again: MCU movies do not affect the contract.

Donald Duck could lead the Avengers in Infinity War. That wouldn't give Universal the right to slip a Donald Duck attraction into MSHI.

This apparntly showed up at Disney Springs yesterday -- the same day Doom Reopened. What's going on behind the scenes now?

View attachment 3165

I was at Disney Springs very late Thursday, and didn't notice anything suggesting a change was coming. Pretty surprised to see this. It has to be a coincidence though, right? I don't see how an already existing and operating attraction could have any relation to Disney's use of Marvel logos.

Hmm... Disney Springs isn't technically a theme park, so perhaps the courts cleared this recently?

That is what I am thinking. I never understood how anything in Disney Springs effects the contract between Universal and Marvel. I mean why can't Marvel open stores up within the 300 mile thing? There was never anything in the contract like that.

That is what I am thinking. I never understood how anything in Disney Springs effects the contract between Universal and Marvel. I mean why can't Marvel open stores up within the 300 mile thing? There was never anything in the contract like that.

I think this should be marked as something of interest. If Disney Springs never had any effect on to the contract, then why wasn't the Marvel sign put there in the first place?

This apparntly showed up at Disney Springs yesterday -- the same day Doom Reopened. What's going on behind the scenes now?

View attachment 3165

...With this and that GoTG tidbit given a few days ago, I have now to believe that a contract may finally be in place, possibly.

Something to remember with this store, before that sign was up; it was essentially "Super Hero HQ" with the S.H.I.E.L.D enblem and there are some individuals that stated of certain things having to be removed. I have to wonder if @testtrack321 or @BriMan could add some incite to this, as it is an interesting development.

...With this and that GoTG tidbit given a few days ago, I have now to believe that a contract may finally be in place, possibly.

Something to remember with this store, before that sign was up; it was essentially "Super Hero HQ" with the S.H.I.E.L.D enblem and there are some individuals that stated of certain things having to be removed. I have to wonder if @testtrack321 or @BriMan could add some incite to this, as it is an interesting development.
It would seem to me that something has recently changed.