MSHI Expansion? | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

MSHI Expansion?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Most belts that go across the lap are electronic. Most that attach to the front restraints are just plain old belts.

I've wondered about this. The belt on Falcon's Fury wouldn't release until we were completely back on the ground but there didn't look like anything was connected to the buckle.

The belt thing is kind of surprising, in that I would have expected them to try and change it over to the Intamin style latches that are controlled electronically, but it may have required a much longer closure than they wanted. Going to the kiddy ride style buckle is going to be a decent drag on their cycle times, but will ensure that no idiot can open the buckle after dispatch.

As for the sign...I'm less sure what it indicates, but I don't think it is a major indication of anything...yet.

I just think Universal tried to make them change it and it probably went into arbitration and Universal lost. Which based on the contract they should lose. Just like Disney would lose based on the current contract if they tried to put GotG in Epcot.

I would feel different if this was in one of the parks. But it is not. I imagine Universal tried to claim that Disney Springs is a part of the park and not outside of the park. Which since DS is all shopping they didn't have much of a leg to stand on.

This is a large assumption. It's equally as likely Disney threw caution to the wind and put it up or didn't even think about it during a visual overhaul for the area.

This is a large assumption. It's equally as likely Disney threw caution to the wind and put it up or didn't even think about it during a visual overhaul for the area.

I agree. There are million reasons this could have happen. My point was that it doesn't mean that Universal and Disney have negotiated some grand thing that means Disney will now bring Marvel properties to WDW.

Reactions: Mike S

I can't see Disney Legal letting that happen, especially with the apparent issues the first go-round.

Now they could be trying to force arbitration over something meaningless in the hope of getting clarity on bigger issues ...

Ah, sideways Christmas trees in October

My clock for what time of the year it is is completely out of sync after visiting Orlando later than normal. Typically I get into the Christmas spirit about late November or about 3 weeks after Halloween. Typically, Halloween in the UK is really only 'celebrated' (if you can call it that) for a few days and then it's back to normal but since HHN and MNSSHP was on during my last trip and a few weeks have past, I'm now feeling like Christmas is near and it's still October and it's confusing as hell.

I know it's off topic but it's something I've been thinking about today and this seemed almost relevant.

The unloading with the new buckles is what is slowing down Doom. It used to be the restraint would release you and you unbuckled yourself. Now you have to wait for a team member to come to every seat and unbundled you with a rod style key.

Reactions: Scott W.
The unloading with the new buckles is what is slowing down Doom. It used to be the restraint would release you and you unbuckled yourself. Now you have to wait for a team member to come to every seat and unbundled you with a rod style key.

I still can't get my head around the reasoning for this. It does seem like Universal has went overly cautious with safety with this and the metal detectors and given what happened in Australia, I wonder if we should be expecting some new safety protocols getting implemented into Popeyes.

I still can't get my head around the reasoning for this. It does seem like Universal has went overly cautious with safety with this and the metal detectors and given what happened in Australia, I wonder if we should be expecting some new safety protocols getting implemented into Popeyes.
Could be a reason behind it. Universal might have had an incident. Or the manufacturer could have come down with safety advice or an urgent advisory based on something they found.

Reactions: SeventyOne