Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If it's shorter than Soarin', it could have an equal to or bigger capacity then when Soarin' had 2 theaters.

Soarin' is also one of the two anchor rides at Epcot (sans frozen now). Hell, its one of the only rides at Epcot anymore... whereas Fallon will be nowhere near the anchor. So id expect significantly shorter waits for Fallon, all crowds being equal.
I agree. Soarin was number one or number two most sought after ride in the park. Fallon, after grand opening, will probably have six to ten rides above it for demand. Fallon fills a vacancy, but it's not a long term headliner.

Reactions: Ryan and Mike S
I agree. Soarin was number one or number two most sought after ride in the park. Fallon, after grand opening, will probably have six to ten rides above it for demand. Fallon fills a vacancy, but it's not a long term headliner.
Yes...We can't expect every ride they build to be an E-Ticket..

I just hate that we lost a practical attraction for another screen one, but that has been brought up many times

Jimmy Fallon will utilize Christie 16K projectors. To compare, your typical IMAX is 4k, some with laser projecting have 8k. Spiderman, Gringotts, and Forbidden Journey use 4K. So in comparison with the others this should have the best picture quality in the park.

I'm kind of excited just to see what a projected 16K video looks like.

Jimmy Fallon will utilize Christie 16K projectors. To compare, your typical IMAX is 4k, some with laser projecting have 8k. Spiderman, Gringotts, and Forbidden Journey use 4K. So in comparison with the others this should have the best picture quality in the park.

What's Kong? It always seems a little better than the 3 listed to me but could just be the obscured view of it.

Universal must be expecting big crowds come May. Prior to the Fallon announcement, I had checked Universal's crowd calendar to see the park operating hours for my two week vacation in May. Universal Studios was listing all 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM park closings except for two days of 8:00 PM closings. After the Fallon announcement Universal changed the closing times & now are scheduled to close much later.Nearly every night at the Studios is a 9:00 PM closing, except for Fridays (something private must be scheduled since both parks are closing early). (Perhaps this also portends a VB soft opening in May)

I suspect those early closures are for Grad Bash (or whatever it's called).

Reactions: Joel
I don't think this is even possible yet. Are you talking about 16k lumens as in brightness? People in the projector business have used k to describe brightness before it was about resolution. According to the Christie website 4k resolution 60k lumens is the best I can see they make. 8k resolution is just becoming a thing at CES this year. I would expect stacked 4k projectors for 3d for this ride.

Reactions: Joel
I suspect those early closures are for Grad Bash (or whatever it's called).
Yea, that's what I originally thought. But when I looked at Orlando Informers's crowd calendar they didn't have grad bash listed for those dates. They only had it listed for last weekend in April. But, it's possible OI is wrong on that. Universal's site didn't mention the grad nights, so I couldn't tell from their official site.

I don't think this is even possible yet. Are you talking about 16k lumens as in brightness? People in the projector business have used k to describe brightness before it was about resolution. According to the Christie website 4k resolution 60k lumens is the best I can see they make. 8k resolution is just becoming a thing at CES this year. I would expect stacked 4k projectors for 3d for this ride.

Maybe it's more that UC may be having four 4K projectors all going at it all at the same time?

Hey now, don't be projection nerds. You'll end up on my list with model train enthusiasts and the people who spend half of their design budget on something "authentic" in a theme park when it could be fake at half the cost and no one would know (authenti-cists? i havent come up with a name for those weirdos yet.)

Reactions: Mike S
Smithonitards? That works, right? People who want everything to be a museum quality authentic thingy..?

In theater we call them "naturalists" and make fun of them for making actors cook and eat real food on stage.

Thank you.....Jimmy......For having a ride that I still have no desire to ride.
jimmy-fallon-jay-leno-thank-you-notes-nbc.jpg
Look I'm actually looking forward to this ride.. But THIS IS HILARIOUS !!!

Reactions: Mike S