Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 130 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I thought Finn's was the Parent Swap for Mummy.

And how do we get tix for the Fallon tapings?

I imagine UNI will offer something. Anyway, I think when the show is taping in NY, you can typically write NBC saying something like 'I'll be in NY during this time frame, would I be able to attend a taping of...' and they would send you tickets if available...at least I think that was how stuff use to work for Letterman and SNL.

You'll probably be shocked, but I have had a beer in hand EVERY time I have ridden the HE just because I can!

Yeah, I bought a beer from that store in the queue just because I could drink on the train. As a bonus I realized it is a way to get a drink from one park to the other (since I do not think you can leave the park with a drink nor can you brink a City Walk drink into the park...)

Reactions: JoeCamel
Universal must be expecting big crowds come May. Prior to the Fallon announcement, I had checked Universal's crowd calendar to see the park operating hours for my two week vacation in May. Universal Studios was listing all 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM park closings except for two days of 8:00 PM closings. After the Fallon announcement Universal changed the closing times & now are scheduled to close much later.Nearly every night at the Studios is a 9:00 PM closing, except for Fridays (something private must be scheduled since both parks are closing early). (Perhaps this also portends a VB soft opening in May)

Reactions: Mike S
Universal must be expecting big crowds come May. Prior to the Fallon announcement, I had checked Universal's crowd calendar to see the park operating hours for my two week vacation in May. Universal Studios was listing all 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM park closings except for two days of 8:00 PM closings. After the Fallon announcement Universal changed the closing times & now are scheduled to close much later.Nearly every night at the Studios is a 9:00 PM closing, except for Fridays (something private must be scheduled since both parks are closing early). (Perhaps this also portends a VB soft opening in May)
It would seem odd that they would expect big crowds in May as that is still one of the few "slow" times left in Orlando.

Reactions: Mike S
It would seem odd that they would expect big crowds in May as that is still one of the few "slow" times left in Orlando.
Seems somethings up. When I was looking at rooms to book, way back at the end of November, there was a scarcity of the standard rooms available. I finally booked Portofino two weeks ago and Sapphire last week, but I had to hit the days just right to get a decent rate. Anything outside of the range I ended up doing (9 nights at Portofino & 5 nights Sapphire) , even by a day, kicked up my base rate and limited the choice of rooms. I even changed number of days at each hotel, but that didn't help. I tried to do Royal Pacific instead of Sapphire, so I could get Express, but room offerings were slim & expensive. Generally when I book May vacations everything has been wide open, even a month before I go. This kind of looked like the HHN period has become, where now most everything is filled 5/6 months ahead. And this is with all of those Sapphire rooms open for May 2017 that weren't available last year in May. So, final result, I had to do early May instead of mid May or late May like I usually did before, and that didn't have much selection or flexibility either.....I only book standard garden views because I get free room upgrades with my Loews Gold reward points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stitch_101 and Nick
Thank you.....Jimmy......For having a ride that I still have no desire to ride.
jimmy-fallon-jay-leno-thank-you-notes-nbc.jpg

Just a question, do any of you know when most schools have April break? Mine is April 9th to the 16th. Is that about the same for most schools in the country or are they a week ahead?

I really hope this ride doesn't suck. I'm not a big Fallon fan, but figure the humor should be acceptable - and if it's groan worthy that'll be fitting of it too.

Rides like Kong (and probably Fast and Furious) suffer because they are corny but try to be so serious. There are rides where i legit had a moment of suspension of disbelief and my natural "oh crap we're gonna die" instinct kicks in. Kong didnt do that at all desptie trying very very hard to do so.

Reactions: Joel
Been a while since i've seen capacity mentioned...

72 seats per the USA Today article. So, there's at least two theaters, right?

Do we actually know how many?

Been a while since i've seen capacity mentioned...

72 seats per the USA Today article. So, there's at least two theaters, right?

Do we actually know how many?
@Teebin has said 2 I believe.

And 72 means capacity will be lower than Soarin' when it had 2 theaters*. Soarin seats 87 per showing.

*Depending on ride time

Last edited:
@Teebin has said 2 I believe.

And 72 means capacity will be lower than Soarin' when it had 2 theaters*. Soarin seats 87 per showing.

*Depending on ride time

If it's shorter than Soarin', it could have an equal to or bigger capacity then when Soarin' had 2 theaters.

Soarin' is also one of the two anchor rides at Epcot (sans frozen now). Hell, its one of the only rides at Epcot anymore... whereas Fallon will be nowhere near the anchor. So id expect significantly shorter waits for Fallon, all crowds being equal.

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
If it's shorter than Soarin', it could have an equal to or bigger capacity then when Soarin' had 2 theaters.

Soarin' is also one of the two anchor rides at Epcot (sans frozen now). Hell, its one of the only rides at Epcot anymore... whereas Fallon will be nowhere near the anchor. So id expect significantly shorter waits for Fallon, all crowds being equal.

It's virtual queuing anyways :):)