What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's good to hear. An attraction doesn't need to have Universal or Disney levels of scenery to at least fit in its area and have a sense of place. Montu is a good example of a coaster that has minimal actual theming, but still has a sense of placement which adds to the experience.

However, I personally wouldn't expect any Cobra's Curse level queues or story on the park's coming attractions. Unless they were to incorporate the queue directly into an existing exhibit (ie Myombe reserve), my money is on the Mako queue being the new standard. A few theme elements here and there in the queue and station, but nothing to Manta or Cobra's Curse levels.
Well I wouldn't be shocked if we get another themed ride like Cobra...Basically all of the coasters at Busch fit snugly into the existing terrain...Granted, it was created for the ride, but it still works...Kumba is a great example of a coaster that weaves in and out of trees and ditches well...Montu is another good one...Then you have ShieKra that is impressive to look at from a skyline perspective..

I would expect the next move to be a water ride replacement for Tidal Wave though tbh

Well I wouldn't be shocked if we get another themed ride like Cobra...Basically all of the coasters at Busch fit snugly into the existing terrain...Granted, it was created for the ride, but it still works...Kumba is a great example of a coaster that weaves in and out of trees and ditches well...Montu is another good one...Then you have ShieKra that is impressive to look at from a skyline perspective..

I would expect the next move to be a water ride replacement for Tidal Wave though tbh
Though bad on capacity, I'd love for BGT to get a Mack Mega Splash like the one in Walibi.

That's good to hear. An attraction doesn't need to have Universal or Disney levels of scenery to at least fit in its area and have a sense of place. Montu is a good example of a coaster that has minimal actual theming, but still has a sense of placement which adds to the experience.

However, I personally wouldn't expect any Cobra's Curse level queues or story on the park's coming attractions. Unless they were to incorporate the queue directly into an existing exhibit (ie Myombe reserve), my money is on the Mako queue being the new standard. A few theme elements here and there in the queue and station, but nothing to Manta or Cobra's Curse levels.
Yeah. Even just the queue and scenery as a theme would be fine. Just some type of story to it is good enough for me.

Reactions: Kumba's Roar
Obviously, Cobra's Curse has some of the better theme elements at the park, but I think Kumba, Montu, Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt capture the eye in some way. They may not have much to the theme, but the terrain is what makes the coasters look so good.

I actually like Mako's que. I like that it feels like you are walking through a reef and under a pier. It's not Universal level by any means, but I like it for SeaWorld. It's way better than Kraken's que.

Obviously, Cobra's Curse has some of the better theme elements at the park, but I think Kumba, Montu, Sheikra and Cheetah Hunt capture the eye in some way. They may not have much to the theme, but the terrain is what makes the coasters look so good.

I actually like Mako's que. I like that it feels like you are walking through a reef and under a pier. It's not Universal level by any means, but I like it for SeaWorld. It's way better than Kraken's que.
Cobras Curse is the only one that has an actual theming in their queue and if they put a new ride (family or just for adults) they should put another theming in their queue. Maybe not the wall that moves and shows the story but a queue that shows the story while your walking through looking at the props and everything. I love riding montu, kumba, cheetah hunt, and sheikra and somehow, as you walk through the line, you get told a story. Then when you are riding the ride, it feels like your part of the story. That's the best part about the rides at BGT, no matter what they have some type of story. That's exactly what a new ride needs. Maybe not a line that goes through a dig site and TELLS you the story on a screen, but to FIGURE IT OUT on a queue that all you do is look at pictures on the wall or props or scenery. Maybe the next ride could have to do something with a legend. The props, scenery, and walls will explain the legend as you walk through the line. That's what makes a good ride experience.

In December we returned to BGT for the first time in over 3 and a half years. It was so nice to get out of Orlando! And buying the Quick Queue was great for a one day visit.

In June we go back and plan to go twice, once with QQ to get all the rides done, and again to take a slower pace and visit all the animals :)

What I'd like to see is more coasters with theming, like CC, but with some extra thrills. I'd also like to see expansions include more animal exhibits.

Reactions: MontuBGT
In December we returned to BGT for the first time in over 3 and a half years. It was so nice to get out of Orlando! And buying the Quick Queue was great for a one day visit.

In June we go back and plan to go twice, once with QQ to get all the rides done, and again to take a slower pace and visit all the animals :)

What I'd like to see is more coasters with theming, like CC, but with some extra thrills. I'd also like to see expansions include more animal exhibits.
Ok quick queue is the best for like Cheetah Hunt, Sheikra, Kumba, Montu, and any other rides, but don't do it on Cobras Curse. Their regular queue is better because it tells the story and when you go in quick queue it's, well......different. That's the only one I suggest you don't use it on.

Ok quick queue is the best for like Cheetah Hunt, Sheikra, Kumba, Montu, and any other rides, but don't do it on Cobras Curse. Their regular queue is better because it tells the story and when you go in quick queue it's, well......different. That's the only one I suggest you don't use it on.
Thats exactly what we did in December ;)

Maybe...... I heard they will probably put a better show in the morrocon theater where iceploration is.
Would love to see a broadway style show back again. Katonga was and still is the best theme park show in my opinion and another broadway type of show would be great for the park

Would love to see a broadway style show back again. Katonga was and still is the best theme park show in my opinion and another broadway type of show would be great for the park
I agree, Katonga was the best theme park broadway type of show. I hope they do something like that again.

Reactions: Speed
Another step in the wrong direction.

While I agree it's sad to lose it, it's been running for how many years now? And the costumes needed to be replaced last time I saw it, so it needed to have money spent on it or needed to be replaced by something else. It probably makes more sense to spend the money on other things. The add other streetmosphere type things with each new addition.