What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks. Will it still be an ice skating show?
No word on that yet but most likely. I can't really see them removing it because they still hold Christmas on Ice there and it's easier hosting it in the Palace then putting in the ice and removing it from the Stanleyville Theater like they used to before Iceploration

Reactions: anihilnation
BGT should put a giga coaster in their park. They should put it where rhino rally was. There's plenty of room over there plus there's not a ride in the Nairobi area. It could be a rhino themed rollercoaster. Since the rhino rally area was kinda small they could open it up more and make it bigger.

BGT should put a giga coaster in their park. They should put it where rhino rally was. There's plenty of room over there plus there's not a ride in the Nairobi area. It could be a rhino themed rollercoaster. Since the rhino rally area was kinda small they could open it up more and make it bigger.
Is there room in the kangaroo area for a giga? I think a kangaroo themed giga would make sense, they can call it Krazy Kangaroo :)

Reactions: MontuBGT
Is there room in the kangaroo area for a giga? I think a kangaroo themed giga would make sense, they can call it Krazy Kangaroo :)

Last coaster at BGT was strongly rumoured to be Giga/Hyper, turned out BGT got Cobra's Curse and SW got Mako (lookng forward to riding both for the first time in a couple of months). Guess SW needed it more. Personally I would love to see another airtime machine in town,

Last coaster at BGT was strongly rumoured to be Giga/Hyper, turned out BGT got Cobra's Curse and SW got Mako (lookng forward to riding both for the first time in a couple of months). Guess SW needed it more. Personally I would love to see another airtime machine in town,
The only reason BG didn't get it was because they already have a handful of rollercoasters and SW didn't. It's cool that they finally get another coaster but I think BG needs this coaster to please more of the adult guests. Btw I have rode Cobras Curse and it's pretty good.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
The only reason BG didn't get it was because they already have a handful of rollercoasters and SW didn't. It's cool that they finally get another coaster but I think BG needs this coaster to please more of the adult guests. Btw I have rode Cobras Curse and it's pretty good.

Agreed that Cobra's Curse is a lot of fun for what it is, and it brings a pleasant amount of theme to the park. Unfortunately it puts a lot of weight on the Egypt side, between itself, Montu, and Cheetah Hunt.

I've always wanted to see them drop a giga or hyper coaster along the park's western boundary, with a turnaround over the retention pond behind Kumba and Congo River Rapids. If they used the Gwazi or Bird Gardens area for the station, it would finally put some more compelling adult attractions back on that side of the park.

Agreed that Cobra's Curse is a lot of fun for what it is, and it brings a pleasant amount of theme to the park. Unfortunately it puts a lot of weight on the Egypt side, between itself, Montu, and Cheetah Hunt.

I've always wanted to see them drop a giga or hyper coaster along the park's western boundary, with a turnaround over the retention pond behind Kumba and Congo River Rapids. If they used the Gwazi or Bird Gardens area for the station, it would finally put some more compelling adult attractions back on that side of the park.
I agree. That side of the park does definitely need another coaster considering gwazi is gone.

The only place it makes sense to put a giga coaster in BGT is the morroco area. They either need to replace gwazi or put the giga coaster on the western side of the park. I can't really think of what animal they should name it after but that is the ideal place.

Reactions: Speed
The only place it makes sense to put a giga coaster in BGT is the morroco area. They either need to replace gwazi or put the giga coaster on the western side of the park. I can't really think of what animal they should name it after but that is the ideal place.
All for a giga up front..Or really anywhere in the park

What about a hyena themed ride in the morroco area. Hyenas are animals in morroco. It would be even cooler to make it a giga/launch coaster. They could even move the hyenas near where the ride would be.

What about a hyena themed ride in the morroco area. Hyenas are animals in morroco. It would be even cooler to make it a giga/launch coaster. They could even move the hyenas near where the ride would be.
That's actually a really good idea...I imagine the theming would have a darker aesthetic like something out of Lion King...I've secretly always wanted Busch to tackle a darker more threatening attraction...Hyenas are the perfect anchor animal..

Some theming like Taron at Phantasialand would be cool:
ga_bt_taron_massanfertigung-b8c71200.jpg

Busch Garden's won't be adding any Taron type theming on their coasters with Sea World as owners. Expect it to be similar to Mako: Only station theming and queue.

I'd want them to fix and do whatever they can to Gwazi. Quite amazing how they just ignore a huge piece of wood in the middle of the park.

Well they are supposed to do something with it at the end of summer so maybe if they take that down they can put a better coaster for adult guests in the front of the park. Like I said the hyena theming would be great. They don't have to theme the outside part of the ride but they could add a story for the queue. It's always fun to have a ride with a story behind it.

Cobras Curse was such a good story to go with. The whole "dig site" and "finding a curse" story was a great one to include on the ride. If they were to put the hyena ride idea or something what should the story be?

Busch Garden's won't be adding any Taron type theming on their coasters with Sea World as owners. Expect it to be similar to Mako: Only station theming and queue.

Just because they haven't doesn't mean that they won't. Also, they could always do things like they did with Cheetah Hunt where it utilizes existing scenery. There's still quite a bit of existing scenery from Tidal Wave (that was reused from when it was the African Queen boat ride). They have a LONG history of reusing buildings and other things like that.

Just because they haven't doesn't mean that they won't. Also, they could always do things like they did with Cheetah Hunt where it utilizes existing scenery. There's still quite a bit of existing scenery from Tidal Wave (that was reused from when it was the African Queen boat ride). They have a LONG history of reusing buildings and other things like that.
I agree. Scenery on a ride is very important. Tidal wave had great scenery and could be pretty good for a ride.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Cobras Curse was such a good story to go with. The whole "dig site" and "finding a curse" story was a great one to include on the ride. If they were to put the hyena ride idea or something what should the story be?

I agree. Scenery on a ride is very important. Tidal wave had great scenery and could be pretty good for a ride.

I always wanted to see them lift the story of Death Water Bayou from HOS and theme a ride to it...I'd love to see them do a voodoo, witchdoctor theme

I always wanted to see them lift the story of Death Water Bayou from HOS and theme a ride to it...I'd love to see them do a voodoo, witchdoctor theme
That would be really cool. I think it would probably fit great in the Congo area. Maybe they could change the story up and everything.